Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mathysse vs Olusegun...
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Anybody agree that this one will be a war? If you haven't seen Olusegun fight, then you may want to check out his previous fight last August on ShoBox against Chebah.

This one will be as nasty as either fighter allows it to be....meaning that if, both guys decide to exchange, then we'll have a guaranteed war on our hands.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I love watching matthysse fight. He is a very strong puncher and I think an underratted tactician, but this is gonna be a tough fight for him. I hope he pulls this out because many will argue olusegun is more deserving of a title shot but I think matthysse is long overdue and him and Danny (if he wins) will make for a hell of a fight.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Sep 6 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Ajose is getting stopped.
Easily gets hit + Matthysse's power = Good night sweet prince.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 6 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Anybody agree that this one will be a war? If you haven't seen Olusegun fight, then you may want to check out his previous fight last August on ShoBox against Chebah.

This one will be as nasty as either fighter allows it to be....meaning that if, both guys decide to exchange, then we'll have a guaranteed war on our hands.

Thoughts?

Your thoughts were my initial thoughts, this will be a brutal war, neither man will back up, it's all about who can take it and still give it out and remain standing. I'm looking forward to this bout.

4th of July will come early and the fireworks will be poppin!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 6 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Your thoughts were my initial thoughts, this will be a brutal war, neither man will back up, it's all about who can take it and still give it out and remain standing. I'm looking forward to this bout.

4th of July will come early and the fireworks will be poppin!!

Shit, you aint lyin'! As someone mentioned earlier, Ajose does get hit quite often, but so does Matthysse. Ajose is actually quick enough to catch Lucas, and vice versa. I think Matthysse may be able to take a better punch, but we will see. As you said, neither man will back up.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

I'm starting to change my mind. My confidence in matthysse is growing as I started watching more and more ajose fights. This guy has been fight very very very weak competition its ridiculous. After watching his last fight I started digging deeper and he has fought either extremely green or very shitty competition. With 30 fights and for all the stuff he talks I expected him to he fighting better opponents. He hasn't fought anyone like matthysse or like matthysse' competition... He just took a very big hop in class and I'm not sure he's gonna be able to take it. Soto is no pushover and he got punished, and Lucas has fought fast guys like Judah Alexander and corley. Idk if ajose is getting his title shot, looks like he's full of soft touches to me.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Sep 7 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2012, 09:34 PM) *
I'm starting to change my mind. My confidence in matthysse is growing as I started watching more and more ajose fights. This guy has been fight very very very weak competition its ridiculous. After watching his last fight I started digging deeper and he has fought either extremely green or very shitty competition. With 30 fights and for all the stuff he talks I expected him to he fighting better opponents. He hasn't fought anyone like matthysse or like matthysse' competition... He just took a very big hop in class and I'm not sure he's gonna be able to take it. Soto is no pushover and he got punished, and Lucas has fought fast guys like Judah Alexander and corley. Idk if ajose is getting his title shot, looks like he's full of soft touches to me.

I'm looking forward to this one big time, but I agree with what you said about the difference in competition. I've actually only watched one of Ajose's fights, but Matthyse to me is very susceptible to a beat down if you don't play his game, like most brawler type fighters. The only thing is that you can't just run, he's a good enough boxer to make the ring even smaller. I think that if Zab, or Devon had fought more intelligently and really worked the body, as well as the outside work, they would've clearly won. Matthysse should win this though. If Ajose's strong enough, has a good plan including intelligent D, then maybe he can whoop Matthysse - we'll find out tonight!

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Sep 7 2012, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 7 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

the fights tomorrow isnt it Cheesey?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 7 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Sep 7 2012, 03:37 PM) *
I'm looking forward to this one big time, but I agree with what you said about the difference in competition. I've actually only watched one of Ajose's fights, but Matthyse to me is very susceptible to a beat down if you don't play his game, like most brawler type fighters. The only thing is that you can't just run, he's a good enough boxer to make the ring even smaller. I think that if Zab, or Devon had fought more intelligently and really worked the body, as well as the outside work, they would've clearly won. Matthysse should win this though. If Ajose's strong enough, has a good plan including intelligent D, then maybe he can whoop Matthysse - we'll find out tonight!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 7 2012, 05:06 PM) *
the fights tomorrow isnt it Cheesey?

started the fight party a little early? Haha and they say boxing is dying

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 7 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

didn't realize this was on tomorrow! my weekend is getting better and better! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:13 PM