IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #201

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 19 2013, 03:14 AM) *
I was saying that while watching the fight, that this dude is definitely hitting and rocking Bradley harder than what Pacquiao did. So he definitely won the fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

ppl really believe that! including ruslan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #202

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Lol, I had a lot to get off my chest.

I'm just glad that Ruslan didn't have enough skill to really cut the ring off and bury Bradley. The onslaught rooted from him being too aggressive and not moving his head. I bet he wont give a damn what the fans say from now on...dude was 4 out of 6 feet from a dirt nap...step 5 would've been Timmy lying on the floor, and step 6 would've been the dirt being thrown on him.

I wont lie, my fuckin heart was racing.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Timmy looked and sounded like he had been in a hotbox with Julio, smoking that good stuff. At least he didn't look defeated, in terms of his attitude, but hell who knows, he may cried in the shower in the locker room...no need to do in front of the camera.

Cotto always had a 'B-' to an 'A-' grade chin, he only looked bad when a guy caught him clean on the chin. What a minute, don't most/all fighters go down after being hit with a flush shot to the chin? Of course they do Cshel, wtf are you even talking about bro? So I agree, Cotto had a great chin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

seriously! i'm reminded of ali/frazier 3 where ali told one writer..."that is the closest you will ever see two men come to death." ppl don't realize it...but these guys really put their lives on the line in that ring.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 19 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #203

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I don't get it, when Roach talks shit about fights and what not he needs to quiet down. Yet when Angel Garcia does it and goes as far as insulting a mans religion its tactical?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #204

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *
I don't get it, when Roach talks shit about fights and what not he needs to quiet down. Yet when Angel Garcia does it and goes as far as insulting a mans religion its tactical?

i don't mind freddies talk. he doesn't get disrespectful. angel garcia is over the top.

freddie actually said this was one of the best fights he's ever seen and that bradley fought a great fight. he also said both guys should take a 6 month break. freddie has good in him.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 19 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #205

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *

Selective hearing is a bitch aint it?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 19 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #206

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 07:26 PM) *
i don't mind freddies talk. he doesn't get disrespectful. angel garcia is over the top.

freddie actually said this was one of the best fights he's ever seen and that bradley fought a great fight. he also said both guys should take a 6 month break. freddie has good in him.

I think he doesn't want either fighter to end up like him. I mean Pac wanted to come back in April but he told him to take a longer break. And I mean before the fight he was talking trash.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #207

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *
seriously! i'm reminded of ali/frazier 3 where ali told one writer..."that is the closest you will ever see two men come to death." ppl don't realize it...but these guys really put their lives on the line in that ring.

No doubt. They do this for the money, and we watch it for our entertainment. Personally, I dont mind seeing guys in a bit of trouble during fights, it adds that excitement to it, but there's a level of "hurt" that I speak. "Hurt" (to me) means being a bit dazed or shook up after a shot or two, while maintaining at least 3/4 of your faculties.

Had Bradley only had a bad round 12, then I wouldn't even think twice about it. The worse part is, he looked like that in the 1st, 2nd, 6th, AND the 12th...so the rounds in between, one could only imagine how deep he dug to keep getting his legs back while trying to bank some rounds.

If you look the way he did in the 1st and 2nd, then there's no way in hell you should be allowed to see the final bell. As much as I loathe Pat Russell's existence (in the ring), I wouldn't have been made if he stopped it in the 2nd.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 19 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #208

Super Middleweight

Am actually glad it wasn't stopped. Bradley deserved a chance to come back and thats what he did

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #209

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 04:25 PM) *
No doubt. They do this for the money, and we watch it for our entertainment. Personally, I dont mind seeing guys in a bit of trouble during fights, it adds that excitement to it, but there's a level of "hurt" that I speak. "Hurt" (to me) means being a bit dazed or shook up after a shot or two, while maintaining at least 3/4 of your faculties.

Had Bradley only had a bad round 12, then I wouldn't even think twice about it. The worse part is, he looked like that in the 1st, 2nd, 6th, AND the 12th...so the rounds in between, one could only imagine how deep he dug to keep getting his legs back while trying to bank some rounds.

If you look the way he did in the 1st and 2nd, then there's no way in hell you should be allowed to see the final bell. As much as I loathe Pat Russell's existence (in the ring), I wouldn't have been made if he stopped it in the 2nd.

i didn't think bradley was ever hurt enough for them to stop the fight. he was reacting well...even when he was hurt. it reminds me of cotto. cotto has been rocked like that more than once and each time he was totally aware and took away the follow up shots that didn't allow his opponent to finish him.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Mar 19 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #210

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

When I watch the replay, he looked out on his feet and to be fight on instinct. He did it well, as he made the guy miss and he landed a few on exchange, but he was out.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:54 PM