IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:10PM(ET),9PM(CT),8PM(PT)-Alexander/Kotelnik, SPOILERS-15 Minutes Later (No New Threads or Duplicate Topics)
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 8 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 8 2010, 12:30 PM) *
I had Cloud by the same, Jack...but WOWZERS on your main event card....lol....all I saw from Alexander was an overabundance of extremely fast, missing punches...

Kotelnik was snapping his head back all night long...timing the shit out of him....it was like he couldn't miss the right side of Alexander's face...

I think this was a serious exposal...

No doubt...a Draw is the extreme most it could be for Alexander...maybe this was a very off night for him...but any which way, Bradley is better than him.

Replace Kotelnik with a prime Tszyu last night, and we might have seen Alexander do an involuntary Judah impersonation...lol

I'm thinking about this as well. I'm really interested in whether Alexander looked bad because Kotelnik improved from the Khan fight (he had a new trainer, a "brother" as Dmarv put it), whether he was overconfident (being in his hometown against a guy who didn't hit hard or exceptionally fast) or whether he just isn't that good. One we do know for certain is that his neck must be hurting right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 8 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Damn i was praising Alexander big time leading up to the fight but he looked like sh*t i don't know if it was his inexperience or what but he didn't look like the Alexander of late but i still would pick hi mto beat Bradley though.

I was pretty big on Cloud aswell and though he did what he had to do to wi nthe fight but he still needs a lot of work.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 9 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Beating Malignaggi and getting KTFO from a nobody, does NOT qualify Khan as the best 140 pounder. I just don't get the logic.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 9 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 9 2010, 01:21 AM) *
Beating Malignaggi and getting KTFO from a nobody, does NOT qualify Khan as the best 140 pounder. I just don't get the logic.

C'mon! Paulie's platinum!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Khan for my liking stands a little too tall (especially for a guy with a china chin) and has that kind of awkward robotic European style. I think Roach has his work cut out for him. What I will say though is he looks BIG for 140 pounds.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 9 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #35

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 9 2010, 02:21 AM) *

I don't think anyone said he had the best resume at 140lb.

I personally feel that he's the best fighter in the weight class. I'm 80% sure he beats Alexander on the Jab alone. I think he out boxes Bradley as well.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Aug 9 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

My boy Chris Henry can beat cloud.... If johnson can make it close henry I think can get him out of there..... It would be a slugfest but my boy can knock out a mule...

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 9 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #37

Guests

Didn't score the Alexander-Kotelnik fight, though I think early rounds were close enough that Alexander won early rounds, though they weren't clear (I gave Alexander rounds, though they could have been given to Kotelnik). Kotelnik won his rounds later a lot more clear than Alexander won his. I don't have a problem with the decision, I think at best you could have Alexander by 1-2 points, at worst for Alexander, it could have been 3-4 points the other way. Don't have a problem with the decision. I think Kotelnik won his rounds more clearly and won more of then clearly. Though a few close rounds and it just depends on who you gave them too. In the end, if you gave close ones to Alexander, he could have walked away with the victory, it just seems weird doing it when a guy wins his rounds a lot more clearly.
Just remember at the end of the day, you don't generally get rewarded by winning your rounds more clearly than the other guy. You edge a round and then lose a round clearly, in the end the scores are still 1-1, no matter how clearly a round was won.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 9 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 9 2010, 02:56 PM) *
I don't think anyone said he had the best resume at 140lb.

I personally feel that he's the best fighter in the weight class. I'm 80% sure he beats Alexander on the Jab alone. I think he out boxes Bradley as well.

...and then gets ko'd by Maidana, Ortiz, and possibly Kotelnik. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

I know you like Khan. And you know I like Maidana... so I'm being a bit serious but really just trying to bust your balls. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 9 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #39

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 9 2010, 07:10 PM) *
Didn't score the Alexander-Kotelnik fight, though I think early rounds were close enough that Alexander won early rounds, though they weren't clear (I gave Alexander rounds, though they could have been given to Kotelnik). Kotelnik won his rounds later a lot more clear than Alexander won his. I don't have a problem with the decision, I think at best you could have Alexander by 1-2 points, at worst for Alexander, it could have been 3-4 points the other way. Don't have a problem with the decision. I think Kotelnik won his rounds more clearly and won more of then clearly. Though a few close rounds and it just depends on who you gave them too. In the end, if you gave close ones to Alexander, he could have walked away with the victory, it just seems weird doing it when a guy wins his rounds a lot more clearly.
Just remember at the end of the day, you don't generally get rewarded by winning your rounds more clearly than the other guy. You edge a round and then lose a round clearly, in the end the scores are still 1-1, no matter how clearly a round was won.

Good observation,

Most of the time, it's also common for unofficial and official judges to give close rounds to the undefeated or more marketable guy. We also don't know what the attitudes were of the people who attended the fight concerning who won. OK, in person, sure most are going to say Alexander, because it is Devon's hometown. But this could be a fight like Mosely-Delahoya II where almost everyone at home had Delahoya winning and almost everyone at ringside had Alexander winning, and for whatever reason, the scores of about thirty people who gave the fight to Alexander, differed from the sixty who had Kotelnik ahead.

This verdict might be made out to be more than it is because of Alexander fighting in his hometown and being undefeated. Was the consensus among Ringside that Kotilnik was robbed? I would say, probably not. We had just a close fight where did you like the busier work and boxing of Alexander or the late rally and harder single shots of Kotilnik. You could make this fight lopsided for either guy, or close for either guy, which is an abnormality in boxing. It comes down to the busier fighter or the more accurate puncher.

The focus should be shifted to the great fight this was for action, considering the shit we have been getting recently rather than the decision.

Jack

+Quote Post
Keith
post Aug 9 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #40

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 9 2010, 10:10 PM) *
The focus should be shifted to the great fight this was for action, considering the shit we have been getting recently rather than the decision.

Jack

Yes... very true.

I also dont have a problem with the close fight going to the champ in this fight. Alexander can go on and make a compelling match from here. I'm not sure Kotelnik could. Its important in this case.

This post has been edited by Keith: Aug 9 2010, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:31 AM