IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan ranked #2 for the WBC at 147?
Gambit808
post Apr 8 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What kind of foolery do we have here? This is the perfect example of how "Cash Rulez", when a guy who doesn't/Hasn't fought in the division yet, can some way some how, leap-frog his way to the #2 for the WBC. Then to top it all off, he's been set up as the "prize-fighter to face" in a tournament at 140lbs. which includes those who either have already, or are highly capable of Knocking this guys head off. This is the kind of politics in boxing that piss me off sometimes as a fan and I take this small time to vent here on FHC. No doubt Khan is a high action fighter with a glass jaw, but come on, 2 of the 4 guys in the tournament actually deserve the cadence AK's getting right now and if he actually fought someone at 147lbs., then should we be allowed to relay our arguments on where he should be ranked. Until then keep his name at 140lbs. and out of 147.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 8 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Realistically I can't see him taking a solid punch at 147 from big punchers.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 8 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 8 2013, 02:12 PM) *

Exactly!

He needs to show can survive big punchers at 140lbs. in which we pretty much know the answer to.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 8 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

Hes probably ranked there becausze they want him to face mayweather next. it has nothing to do with earning the spot. look at canelo when he fought hatton hatton never fought at 154 yet he was ranked 2 right before their fight so canelo could get the belt. i dont think mayweather wants to fight canelo yet so hell take a tune up against khan who is still a big name in the sport. but who knows?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

As if I really needed something else to laugh at today. Oh well, laughter is good for the soul, thank you WBC.

I can't even fault Khan for this, because the WBC does this ALL the time. They did it with Devon Alexander not too long ago...this was before he even announced his move up to WW. I believe they had him ranked at #2. Then they turned around and did the same for Robert Guerrero recently.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 8 2013, 01:12 PM) *

the thing about khan is that he is a young guy who is still growing. he was at 135 when prescott ko'd him. he shouldn't have been there. he was at 140 when garcia starched him...and rumor had it that he struggled to make weight. his move up to 147 will definitely allow him to take the shots better. it's the way the body works. dehydrating yourself to make weight is dangerous. with all of this being said...his ability/inability to take a punch does not put him at #2 imo.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 8 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 09:35 PM) *
the thing about khan is that he is a young guy who is still growing. he was at 135 when prescott ko'd him. he shouldn't have been there. he was at 140 when garcia starched him...and rumor had it that he struggled to make weight. his move up to 147 will definitely allow him to take the shots better. it's the way the body works. dehydrating yourself to make weight is dangerous. with all of this being said...his ability/inability to take a punch does not put him at #2 imo.

Thing is I said about a lot of 140lbers that think there all that and should get a shot with the cash cow, it's why I really didn't like Bradley, he left the 140s for a money fight when he'd never fought at 147.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 8 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

They are just trying to prep him for a Mayweather fight down the road. A good fight, but the rating would be more realistic, if Khan actual fought at 147. The weights don't mean anything today anyway. A guy can still hydrate 30-40lbs and it still goes as the weight for which the title is supposed to represent.

Jack

PS. Khan can't take true Welterweight punchers.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 8 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Thing is I said about a lot of 140lbers that think there all that and should get a shot with the cash cow, it's why I really didn't like Bradley, he left the 140s for a money fight when he'd never fought at 147.

i thought bradley was the best at 140 so leaving to fight pac at 147 wasn't out of line imo. khan is not better than garcia, matthysse, peterson and possibly a few others at 140...so he's leap frogging all of them if they give him his shot at floyd. that's wrong. he should have to beat one of the guys i mentioned to get his shot.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 8 2013, 04:00 PM) *
They are just trying to prep him for a Mayweather fight down the road. A good fight, but the rating would be more realistic, if Khan actual fought at 147. The weights don't mean anything today anyway. A guy can still hydrate 30-40lbs and it still goes as the weight for which the title is supposed to represent.

Jack

PS. Khan can't take true Welterweight punchers.

you think it's a good fight?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:06 AM