Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Javier Fortuna vs Adrien Broner, The Future Superfight
Hittman25
post Jul 9 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,662

The rate that both of them are going, they should build up a fan base and I could see them fighting in 1 or 2 years from now but sooner the better because both guys are in there prime and giving us fans some real great fights. Both are fighting at 130 right now it just makes sense I Think.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 9 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Its hard to say because both of them are still in the bum fighting stage of their carreer.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 9 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'd gladly watch this one, down the road. Between a year, or two sounds good. Obviously for Fortuna's sake, but yeah, I agree.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 9 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought fortuna was at 126? I was thinkin him and Russell should get it on.. but adriens competition has been better and like I said before fortuna is still very wild. If he learns to settle down and use his range and speed more he will be very dangerous

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 9 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 9 2012, 03:21 PM) *
I thought fortuna was at 126? I was thinkin him and Russell should get it on.. but adriens competition has been better and like I said before fortuna is still very wild. If he learns to settle down and use his range and speed more he will be very dangerous

Nope, 'el Abejon' is campaigning at 130. The way that boxers move up in weight, Russell Jr. might move up. Although, I think that being as short as he seems to be, he should stay at 126 as long as possible.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jul 9 2012, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Jul 9 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

they both are stepping up in competition. I think fortuna next fight should be a title fight thats the only type of comp i think can hang with at this point hes too powerful.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 10 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I like Fortuna, his power does him great favors. The only two times that I've seen him fight, he's fought two guys that swing for the fences. He was able to catch those guys in mid swing when they were throwing those elementary recess haymakers.

Let's see how he does with guys who are defensively conscious, and works behind a good jab. Fortuna fights at 126, so hopefully he stays there for a while or until there's no competition, then move up.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *
I like Fortuna, his power does him great favors. The only two times that I've seen him fight, he's fought two guys that swing for the fences. He was able to catch those guys in mid swing when they were throwing those elementary recess haymakers.

Let's see how he does with guys who are defensively conscious, and works behind a good jab. Fortuna fights at 126, so hopefully he stays there for a while or until there's no competition, then move up.

I thought he was fighting at 126. And good point, and that's probably why Russell should stay away from fortuna, because Russell has not shown that defensive conscience and has a tendency to swing for the fences. He also hasn't fought anyone with the apparent talent fortuna has.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 14 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *

CShel, Javier Fortuna weighed 129lbs against Cruz. He campaigns at 130, super featherweight/junior lightweight. Of course he could drop down to 126, but he's a super featherweight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 14 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 08:56 PM) *
I thought he was fighting at 126. And good point, and that's probably why Russell should stay away from fortuna, because Russell has not shown that defensive conscience and has a tendency to swing for the fences. He also hasn't fought anyone with the apparent talent fortuna has.

No, he's definitely at 130 (unless I'm wrong). He weighed 129 against Cruz. He's a super featherweight / junior lightweight.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:22 PM