IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now......GB can we get a Instant Classic We all Want?
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 27 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Now with Alexander doing the unpredictable and showing up against Maidana and not only proving me and many others wrong. He showed true grit and showed a bit of his old self when he fought Witter and Urango. Maidana obviously didn't handle the extra weight as well as Alexander did so I think a possible move back to 140 is a very plausible choice. The only thing I had against Alexander in the fight was his excessive holding and clinching. El Chino could hardly do any work in the inside. It was a smart strategy but I'm appalled to see that the ref didn't warn Alexander at all.

With Maidana going back to 140 can we all agree that Maidana could fight the winner of the Peterson/Khan rematch or Judah/Paris winner or even the Matthhssye/Soto winner fight, which would give us the fight that many fans are eager to see...Maidana vs Matthssye at 140 which would be WW2 on steroids.

Let's hope GB will give us that long awaited fight..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

As I've mentioned before, Maidana has 3 good rematches awaiting him...Khan (not so much), Morales, and Ortiz...all GBP fighters, by the way. Im not sure Peterson will look his way, but I wouldn't rule it out. Besides, he was present for the fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 27 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I really can't blame the ref. Every ref has his style and Smoger is known for letting guys fight and work out of clinches. Maidana's problem wasn't just the clinching. It was that he didn't use it to his advantage. Alexander clinched every damn time he felt pressure. Instead of Maidana using his anxiety against him, he allowed himself to not only get clinched but Alexander turned him around once he let go. It's ok to let a guy clinch while your forcing him to the ropes but dont get held and then let him turn and get out of harms way.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 28 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yup, I'd definitely consider Maidana vs Matthyse a must see. If it happend, I'd pick Matthyse. I'd also like to see Maidana vs. Ortiz just for the hell of it, even though I also think that Ortiz would win this time around. Maidana/Khan, yeah I guess so, no real urgency, if at all.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 28 2012, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 29 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

They have an awesome selection to choose from for maidana at 140 which is where he's probably heading back to. Matthysse Soto will be a barn burner and Garcia Morales will be a great fight too, he could get the winner of either and I would expect a war.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:36 PM