> Mayweather/Bradley
checkleft
post Oct 2 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 07:37 PM) *
martinez has run off a very impressive streak of wins...and most of them by ko. he doesn't need to prove he is a bad ass...his performances speak for themselves. in a perfect world...he shouldn't need to call out floyd.

as for floyd ko'ing ricky hatton....i think the guy was softened up before he ever got to floyd. collazo had him on his knees in what should have been a knock down. more than power....floyd has accuracy and speed. it's the shot that u don't see coming that hurts u the most. floyd has pin point accuracy.

Boxing knowledge at its finest. People forget this way too often
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 2 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 2 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Boxing knowledge at its finest. People forget this way too often

yes they do. thanks.

+Quote Post
JD22
post Oct 2 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #23

Amateur

Member No.: 13,476

With Arum, I don't know. Arum has just built some sort of "new business" with Bradley. I don't think he would dare let Floyd get involved. IMO, and I believe Arum knows, Mayweather is more wrong for Tim than he is for Manny.

Just my thought fellaz.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Oct 3 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 2 2012, 06:37 PM) *
martinez has run off a very impressive streak of wins...and most of them by ko. he doesn't need to prove he is a bad ass...his performances speak for themselves. in a perfect world...he shouldn't need to call out floyd.

as for floyd ko'ing ricky hatton....i think the guy was softened up before he ever got to floyd. collazo had him on his knees in what should have been a knock down. more than power....floyd has accuracy and speed. it's the shot that u don't see coming that hurts u the most. floyd has pin point accuracy.

No doubt Martinez has been impressive but if he really wants to prove how bad he is then he shouldn't be calling out the little guys, Ward is waiting for a worthy opponent, call him out Sergio.

Hatton was even more softened up when Manny fought him because even Lazcano damn near had him out of there.

The problem we have today with boxing is that the promoters have too many options and the boxing commissions can only use stripping their fighters of titles/belts (of which nobody cares about any longer) as a measure to regulate who fights who. The solution is for Boxing Commissions to be able to fine Promoters (Not Boxers because promoters care more about losing their little bit of money) if they don't make their fighters fight the other fighters that the public demands the most.

I bet if that were to start happening that we'd see the quality fights/match-ups we want to see. What should be happening now is that we should be seeing the rematch between Pac and Bradley and then a fight between Floyd and Pac (should Manny win), if Manny loses then it should be Floyd vs Bradley.

This Pac vs JMM 4 fight is just another way for Arum to keep Pac from getting beatdown by Floyd.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Oct 3 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

even IF pacquiao does win, do you think floyd is going to want to vs pac right away? by the time the fight would take place it would mean around 10-12 months mayweather hadn't been in the ring. Idkk man, on twitter mayweather talks more about poker than he does boxing anymore lol

If he fights pac, i hope he does it AFTER he beats bradley. Easy paycheck, no argument about a bigger cut, and actually a fight i wouldn't mind seeing now that tim bradley's name is relevant in boxing now. and I see mayweather eating up bradley, bradley offensively doesn't really pose a threat to mayweather, and he may try to be slick but he will not be able to out mayweather the one and only Money mayweather. I can see alot of trash talk during the 24/7 too, i can even see the trainers wanting to box eachother after this haha.

After mayweather decimates bradley, the only fight that makes sense and is put back into the light is mayweather/ pacquiao.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 3 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I think Floyd's waiting for one of these welterweights to pull some Fight of the Year-type shit, and it will all boil down to it by the end of December, after the Peterson/Bradley rematch happens.

Whoever Floyd fights next, he's make sure he exceeds Manny's payday against JMM, which I believe is a $23M guarantee. So Floyd's gotta find a guy who heightens the purse bid, and is sure to make about $3M (or under), while Floyd hits or exceeds $25M.

I laugh my ass off at people crying for the Pac fight, and have no idea about the business of the sport.

Fan w/ sense: "Floyd makes more money in his fights, and has been making more than Manny for a while. He doesn't have a promoter, so he makes and keeps most of his money".
Fan w/ none: " Naw, see because uhhh, that's because Floyd dont have no promoter man. Manny got a promoter, that's why he dont make that much. Why dont they just make the fight happen? Manny can just tell Bob Anum that he wanna fight, den dats is all they gotta do. Floyd scared man, he scared. Floyds a coward, fraud Gayweather".

See how dumb that sounds? How is having a promoter who takes your money and makes shitty fights, an okay thing? Weird. I just tell them to stop crying and scratching their itchy vaginas over a fight. Just STFU! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Oct 3 2012, 09:46 AM) *
No doubt Martinez has been impressive but if he really wants to prove how bad he is then he shouldn't be calling out the little guys, Ward is waiting for a worthy opponent, call him out Sergio.

Hatton was even more softened up when Manny fought him because even Lazcano damn near had him out of there.

The problem we have today with boxing is that the promoters have too many options and the boxing commissions can only use stripping their fighters of titles/belts (of which nobody cares about any longer) as a measure to regulate who fights who. The solution is for Boxing Commissions to be able to fine Promoters (Not Boxers because promoters care more about losing their little bit of money) if they don't make their fighters fight the other fighters that the public demands the most.

I bet if that were to start happening that we'd see the quality fights/match-ups we want to see. What should be happening now is that we should be seeing the rematch between Pac and Bradley and then a fight between Floyd and Pac (should Manny win), if Manny loses then it should be Floyd vs Bradley.

This Pac vs JMM 4 fight is just another way for Arum to keep Pac from getting beatdown by Floyd.

i forgot about lazcano...ur right.

i think you're confusing the commissions with the sanctioning bodies. i don't totally agree with that. i think everyone has a responsibility. ultimately, it's the networks that can say yes or no to a fighter and they do it all the time. they need to step in to make things better instead of pushing their own agendas all the time. they're too busy trying to tell a story...or push their house fighter...rather than let the chips fall where they may. case in point....cloud vs campillo. that was a big time robbery. they could refuse to let cloud fight on the network again and force him into the rematch. problem is...the sanctioning body will back the promoter who brings money to the table. they'll use the excuse that cloud has a mandatory or some other bullshit. well at that point...showtime should tell cloud to kick rocks and come back when he's ready to face campillo in a well deserved rematch. it should be that simple.

arum was told to kick rocks by hbo when he brought pac/mosley...and for good reason. showtime scooped that shit up and it was a stinker. looks like hbo is going to take pac/jmm 4...they'll be the ones eating the cost on that flop. because they're under new management...they're going to allow this mistake..but i seriously doubt they allow it again afterwards. if so, hbo should consider going in a different direction with management.

business has got in the way of pac/floyd. arum is not going to let floyd (the one who got away) get paid off of beating arum's biggest fighter without some sort of strings being attached. i won't hold my breath for that fight because i don't believe it will ever happen. arum has said he's willing to do business with 50...but he refuses to do business with al haymon. one guy is harvard educated and one guy isn't. do the math. he thinks he can pull the wool over 50's eyes...he knows he can't do that with haymon.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 3 2012, 11:52 AM) *
even IF pacquiao does win, do you think floyd is going to want to vs pac right away? by the time the fight would take place it would mean around 10-12 months mayweather hadn't been in the ring. Idkk man, on twitter mayweather talks more about poker than he does boxing anymore lol

If he fights pac, i hope he does it AFTER he beats bradley. Easy paycheck, no argument about a bigger cut, and actually a fight i wouldn't mind seeing now that tim bradley's name is relevant in boxing now. and I see mayweather eating up bradley, bradley offensively doesn't really pose a threat to mayweather, and he may try to be slick but he will not be able to out mayweather the one and only Money mayweather. I can see alot of trash talk during the 24/7 too, i can even see the trainers wanting to box eachother after this haha.

After mayweather decimates bradley, the only fight that makes sense and is put back into the light is mayweather/ pacquiao.

i don't think bradley gets the credit he deserves. he's much better than ppl realize. there's a reason pac wasn't attacking when they fought. there's a reason he was trying to steal rounds too.

in a match with floyd...tim isn't going to fight him the same way he fought pac. it would be a totally different style. i can see him using intelligent pressure which he is very capable of. he won't be as careless as ortiz...and he brings a little more speed and mobility than cotto. i can see bradley giving floyd a run for his money. mayweather should win...but it wouldn't be a walk in the park that's for sure.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 3 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 3 2012, 12:10 PM) *
I think Floyd's waiting for one of these welterweights to pull some Fight of the Year-type shit, and it will all boil down to it by the end of December, after the Peterson/Bradley rematch happens.

Whoever Floyd fights next, he's make sure he exceeds Manny's payday against JMM, which I believe is a $23M guarantee. So Floyd's gotta find a guy who heightens the purse bid, and is sure to make about $3M (or under), while Floyd hits or exceeds $25M.

I laugh my ass off at people crying for the Pac fight, and have no idea about the business of the sport.

Fan w/ sense: "Floyd makes more money in his fights, and has been making more than Manny for a while. He doesn't have a promoter, so he makes and keeps most of his money".
Fan w/ none: " Naw, see because uhhh, that's because Floyd dont have no promoter man. Manny got a promoter, that's why he dont make that much. Why dont they just make the fight happen? Manny can just tell Bob Anum that he wanna fight, den dats is all they gotta do. Floyd scared man, he scared. Floyds a coward, fraud Gayweather".

See how dumb that sounds? How is having a promoter who takes your money and makes shitty fights, an okay thing? Weird. I just tell them to stop crying and scratching their itchy vaginas over a fight. Just STFU! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

let's look at it from another perspective...

if u knew u were going to get ur ass beat if u faced mayweather and at that point all the big pay days stopped...wouldn't u want a promoter who steered u in a different direction and kept duping the public so u could still keep getting paid?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 3 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 3 2012, 02:34 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

let's look at it from another perspective...

if u knew u were going to get ur ass beat if u faced mayweather and at that point all the big pay days stopped...wouldn't u want a promoter who steered u in a different direction and kept duping the public so u could still keep getting paid?

Hmm....that sounds about right.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:30 AM