IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mosley vs. Berto: Preview and Poll!, Who Will Win and How?
Mosley vs. Berto
Who Wins and How?
Mosley by Dec [ 4 ] ** [18.18%]
Berto by Dec [ 2 ] ** [9.09%]
Mosley by KO/TKO [ 16 ] ** [72.73%]
Berto by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22

JLUVBABY
post Jan 1 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #1

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

Note: We will now be making this our official preview and poll thread for the big Welterweight Unification Match! Please Vote in the poll and comment!

Jack

Administrator

what are you guys thoughts?...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Keith
post Jan 1 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,273

This fight boils down to Shane Mosley's jab. If he uses it then Berto's in for a long night (perhaps a short one when the right hand follows). Mosley has a 3 inch arm length advantage... I dont think Naz is overlooking that.

If he doesnt use the jab then Berto can make it a good fight smothering Shane with his mma tactics.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 1 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #3

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

1. Mosley has been frustrated that none of the big names would fight him.

2. Berto has talked some serious shit to Mosley.

3. Mosley is probably even more frustrated that GBP hasn't promoted his fight properly...

You do NOT want a focused, pissed off Mosley comin' after you...unless you're an Elite, PURE boxer....and Berto doesn't fall in that category.

His grunts and flash won't serve him well against a fighter of substance like Mosley.

So in summary...IF he hasn't gotten extra old, this reconditioned, angry version of Mosley is gonna run through Berto by the end of the night....

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 1 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Mosley has never had a good jab so I don't expect him to all of a sudden outjab Berto. There are a lot of things that still make him dangerous though, his bodyshots, his stamina, the recent Hatton "clinch t'ill you flinch" style that wears opponents down and according to Mayweather: Extra help from the lab.

Berto though, is a good counterpuncher with faster hands than Mosley. He too posseses an abundance of energy and against Collazo, displayed the heart to finish strong. Give me Berto by decision.

+Quote Post
Keith
post Jan 1 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 1 2010, 11:00 AM) *
Mosley has never had a good jab so I don't expect him to all of a sudden outjab Berto. There are a lot of things that still make him dangerous though, his bodyshots, his stamina, the recent Hatton "clinch t'ill you flinch" style that wears opponents down and according to Mayweather: Extra help from the lab.

Berto though, is a good counterpuncher with faster hands than Mosley. He too posseses an abundance of energy and against Collazo, displayed the heart to finish strong. Give me Berto by decision.

Mosley doesnt have a dominating jab, but when he uses it its "good enough" because of those other attributes you mentioned. He worked his jab in the Collazo and Margarito fights pretty well. He completely abandoned his jab against Cotto and that probably cost him the fight. He can outjab Berto because Berto has even less of a jab imo, probably due to his short arms. If Mosley doesnt commit to his jab he will find it difficult to keep up with Berto's faster hands.

This post has been edited by Keith: Jan 1 2010, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Jan 1 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

I think this is an easy fight for Mosley. I like Berto and all but he make too many fundamental mistakes to pose a real threat to an elite fighter like Mosley. He been getting away with it b/c he havent really fought anyone outside of Collazo maybe. Plus his defense is a little suspect making it easy for Mosley to land, and Im not too sure he can take Mosley power. Regardless of the turn out tho, I do think it will be a good ass fight.. and if Mosley come in the ring half stepping then he will get his ass whooped cuz Berto is hungry!

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jan 1 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Keith @ Jan 1 2010, 02:38 PM) *
Mosley doesnt have a dominating jab, but when he uses it its "good enough" because of those other attributes you mentioned. He worked his jab in the Collazo and Margarito fights pretty well. He completely abandoned his jab against Cotto and that probably cost him the fight. He can outjab Berto because Berto has even less of a jab imo, probably due to his short arms. If Mosley doesnt commit to his jab he will find it difficult to keep up with Berto's faster hands.

You are correct, he is inconsistent with his jab. In one fight he is outjabbing DLH then in the 2nd he is being outjabbed. Even if his jab is OK I don't think it's the type of punch that's going to swing things his way. His overhand right on the other hand...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 1 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

There has been a lot of "protect the O" of the undefeated fighter. I have a vision that if it goes to the cards and even is remotely close, they will somehow give it to Berto. This could be like the Collazo-Berto fight for Shane.

My take is Berto by Majority Decision.

114-114

115-113

115-113

When the better scoring based on what happens in the fight will be an OK 114-114 card, but the press row will think that the 115-113 cards should go to Shane.

Jack

+Quote Post
Keith
post Jan 1 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 1 2010, 02:12 PM) *
You are correct, he is inconsistent with his jab. In one fight he is outjabbing DLH then in the 2nd he is being outjabbed. Even if his jab is OK I don't think it's the type of punch that's going to swing things his way. His overhand right on the other hand...

ya...that overhand right can put Berto on his rear.

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Jan 1 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 1 2010, 11:00 AM) *

Smartest post in the thread

I agree, whole-heartedly.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:24 AM