Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Oct 8 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

Marco Antonio Barrera-Naseem Hamed. Outboxing the undefeated power punching sensation was his best performance.

Erik Morales-Paulie Ayala. In what would become the norm, Erik Morales was considered shot. Then he met the 122 pound champion and used sharp counter punching, along with some nice upper body movement to out box and out power Ayala.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 8 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alexander/Urango: His best performance yet for Alexander! Everything else after that stunk...

Vargas/Trinidad: Vargas weathered the storm in the first round, and made a fight out of it. Though Tito was the better fighter (skill-wise), Vargas made his mark and let everybody know that he was there to fight.

A. Peterson/Rios: This was Rios's breakout performance, and he had an answer for everything Peterson brought to the fight.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 8 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 8 2011, 12:12 AM) *
Lights out type of Topic! Might be my fav post yet!! Good Shyt LL..

Thanks!

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 8 2011, 02:59 AM) *
Julio Cesar Chavez' sustained torturing of Edwin Rosario. At the time there were many who questioned whether Chavez (who was moving up from 130) could live with the hard hitting lightweight champ. Rosario had said he would send Chavez back to Mexico in a coffin and there was quite a bit of bad blood between the two.

Chavez destroyed with a brutal performance eventually winning by 11th round TKO. HBO Punchstat showed Rosario landing 263 of 731 punches thrown in the fight (36%) and Chavez 450 of 743 (61%).

Great Example!

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 8 2011, 05:51 AM) *
Please do.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 8 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Due you forgot a TON of fights.

FLOYD VS. ORTIZ

FLOYD VS. HATTON

FLOYD VS. BRUSSELES

FLOYD VS. MITCHELL

FLOYD VS. NDOU

FLOYD VS. SOSA

FLOYD VS. CHAVEZ

FLOYD VS. JUUKKO

There are many, many, many more but that's just off the top of my head.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 8 2011, 06:24 PM) *
Marco Antonio Barrera-Naseem Hamed. Outboxing the undefeated power punching sensation was his best performance.

Erik Morales-Paulie Ayala. In what would become the norm, Erik Morales was considered shot. Then he met the 122 pound champion and used sharp counter punching, along with some nice upper body movement to out box and out power Ayala.

Good ones. I thought of this one for Barrera too.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 8 2011, 06:58 PM) *
Alexander/Urango: His best performance yet for Alexander! Everything else after that stunk...

Vargas/Trinidad: Vargas weathered the storm in the first round, and made a fight out of it. Though Tito was the better fighter (skill-wise), Vargas made his mark and let everybody know that he was there to fight.

A. Peterson/Rios: This was Rios's breakout performance, and he had an answer for everything Peterson brought to the fight.

Agree with Alexander for sure. Agree with the Rios one too, he looked like a beast that night. Do not agree with the Vargas one though. Vargas did look good in spots, but he did get dropped a few times and knocked out brutally. Not his best performance. Hahaha. NOW I would say Vargas totally outboxing and dominating Ike Quartey was his best performance as a pro. Just my take.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Oct 8 2011, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 8 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #25

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Mosley/DLH 1 - Even though I loved his fight with Margarito, I think his performance Prime vs Prime with Oscar was incredible.

Hatton/Tszyu - I know I won't make any friends with this one, but the Little Midget mugged a GREAT fighter of his title in front of a packed house.

Tyson/Spinks - The utter destruction of a top fighter in this fight might never be seen again.

Arce/Hussein 1 - I wouldn't be surprised if Arce was on PCP during this fight. He was out of his mind.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Oct 8 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #26

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Oct 8 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Abraham/Miranda I

That's an odd one there. Who gave their single greatest performance?

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 8 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Tyson/Spinks - The utter destruction of a top fighter in this fight might never be seen again.

Good call. This one's almost the standard bearer for the modern era. As overrated as Tyson was, I doubt any of us will ever see another undefeated ATG like Spinks just straight run over like this again in our lifetimes.

I'd also like to nominate Roy Jones/Montell Griffin 2. People talk about Roy's fights with Toney and Hill and Hall but this one RJ came in angry. Staggered Griffin with the first shot of the fight, a lunging left hook, and then knocked. him. the fuck. out.

This post has been edited by Big Slim Sweet: Oct 8 2011, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 8 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

James Toney vs. Jim Gray was also one of his finest performances in the ring. He did what many others have only dreamt of doing. Hahaha.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 9 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 9 2011, 12:06 AM) *
That's an odd one there. Who gave their single greatest performance?

Good call. This one's almost the standard bearer for the modern era. As overrated as Tyson was, I doubt any of us will ever see another undefeated ATG like Spinks just straight run over like this again in our lifetimes.

I'd also like to nominate Roy Jones/Montell Griffin 2. People talk about Roy's fights with Toney and Hill and Hall but this one RJ came in angry. Staggered Griffin with the first shot of the fight, a lunging left hook, and then knocked. him. the fuck. out.

i was just about to throw the Jones vs Griffin rematch in. i think it beats all the rest out, Griffin wasn't too bad in the first fight and was a good fighter but Jones tore his ass up in the rematch. it makes you wonder what Jones career would have been like if he always came into the ring wanting to end it instead of just wanting to perform.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Oct 9 2011, 01:10 AM
Post #29

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,849

I can't consider fights with overmatched opponents the best.

I would say:

Floyd vs Castillo Floyd got beat.
Hatton vs Floyd Hatton really slept. You could probably put ads on his soles.
Pacquiao vs Nedal Cross-eyed pacman. It was funny.
DLH vs Hopkins Best acting.
etc.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 9 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #30

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Martinez vs Williams 2 - two top prime middleweights going for the crown. PERFECT KO shot.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:03 AM