IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Rios/Alverado-Donaire/Nishioka-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of UFC Card
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I think Bob tries, but he's light years from Lamply. And I know, people hate Lamps for shaking the pom-poms for the HBO contracted fighter for the last several years. However, pom-pom shaking for this war would have made it even MORE electric. If HBO is not using the original broadcast team for most BAD cards, I assume it is because of a money saving plan. I think Ross Greenberg put the plan in effect that Larry, Jim and Emanuel were gonna be the traditional guys doing some cards for HBO boxing and Papa, Kellerman, and Jones were gonna do the B.A.D cards. I also suspect that because Larry and Lamps are getting old, that who knows, they may have asked for less time. I think HBO is trying to appeal to a younger demographic with Papa, Max, and Roy on cards and its not working.

Or even better, could you imagine Col. Bob Sheridan working for HBO and calling that fight!!!!?? That fight was heart attack type excitement. Lamps or Col. Bob could provide that. Bob Papa can't. I mean Bob sure he was excited, but it wasn't Jim Lamply or Bob Sheridan excitement. The only thing is, Col Bob sucks up to Don King's fighters and the alphabet belts. He'll always give close rounds to King's fighter and try to persuade the audience that this is the case when it isn't. What was the fight where he had King's fighter way ahead, and he was so off-base? And the judges had it really close like it should have been? I can't think right now what that fight was.

Jack

honestly, i would love telecast with absolutely zero commentary....just the ring and crowd noise with mic's in the corners. maybe mic some ringside observers just to hear their response to the action...but not much more. it would give u the affect of actually being there...minus the drunk assholes spilling their drinks and shouting in your ears. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the network that does this first will become my favorite!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Rios will be a force in 140 division. He can beat Garcia, Khan, Peterson. Only threats to him are Lucas and Marquez. I see Rios Marquez being made before Pacquiao and Rios.

Donaire did what I expected, don't know how people thought Nishioka had a great chance. Knew he would respect Donaire's power way too much. The last guy who fought Donaire had his jaw broken in two places.

Let's get Rios vs Marquez win or lose vs Manny or Rios vs Garcia.

Donaire vs Rigo/Mares vs Moreno winner

rios may be able to beat khan and possibly peterson. he beat the other brother....but i think garcia, matthysse, marquez, pac, bradley all beat him by ko or lopsided decision. he's going to make pac look like a beast again if pac can get past marquez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #93

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 04:57 PM) *
it would give u the affect of actually being there...minus the drunk assholes spilling their drinks and shouting in your ears.

There's fun in it, if you don't get to see this at a fight....just make sure the shoe isn't on the other foot. Lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 16 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #94

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Good post-fight article here:

https://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/slow-...arado-stoppage/

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #95

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2012, 07:12 PM) *

great article. never questioned his judgment. that was a very good stoppage. i was actually with his call in the bhop/dawson 1 fight too.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #96

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2012, 07:12 PM) *

Great article, Pat Russell made the right move. It was a great night for boxing and put Bam Bam right in the mix at 140.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #97

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 05:01 PM) *
rios may be able to beat khan and possibly peterson. he beat the other brother....but i think garcia, matthysse, marquez, pac, bradley all beat him by ko or lopsided decision. he's going to make pac look like a beast again if pac can get past marquez.

I don't know how you absolutely think Garcia can beat him. Them looping punches won't help him when Rios makes it an inside fighting game. Khan doesn't hit nowhere near as hard as Rios but within 3 rounds he made Garcia's face look like it went through a cat fight. Rios stop Danny within 10 rounds, Stops Peterson within 12. I think Matthysse beats him by tko late. Marquez would be a close fight and I'm leaning towards Rios by late stoppage. Pacquiao would stop Rios within 11 rounds or win by decision. Bradley UD's him. Luckily Bradley or Pac isn't in his weight class...neither is Marquez.

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Oct 16 2012, 06:59 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 07:59 PM) *
I don't know how you absolutely think Garcia can beat him. Them looping punches won't help him when Rios makes it an inside fighting game. Khan doesn't hit nowhere near as hard as Rios but within 3 rounds he made Garcia's face look like it went through a cat fight. Rios stop Danny within 10 rounds, Stops Peterson within 12. I think Matthysse beats him by tko late. Marquez would be a close fight and I'm leaning towards Rios by late stoppage. Pacquiao would stop Rios within 11 rounds or win by decision. Bradley UD's him. Luckily Bradley or Pac isn't in his weight class...neither is Marquez.

khan was fast and i've seen him drop ppl with single shots. i've not seen rios do that to anyone so i don't get how u think rios' big, wide, slow shots will catch danny. danny is as solid as they come and can actually box. as alvarado proved with the very little bit of boxing skills he has...u can outbox rios easily. danny has heavy hands. i can't see rios going the distance in that one especially after all the punishment he took in this last fight.

lamont is a lot better than anthony...but he does like to fight in the pocket so he'll give rios some opportunity.

rios doesn't see round 6 against matthysse...same with jmm and pac.

bradley schools him easily and may stop him mid to late rounds.

rios, like his buddy margarito, only has a size and strength advantage...against guys his own size with real skill, he's going to get eaten up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #99

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 07:19 PM) *
i was actually with his call in the bhop/dawson 1 fight too.

God I hope you're kidding.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 16 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #100

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 06:59 PM) *

I thought Danny got headbutted on the Khan fight..? He looked pretty beaten up against morales tho. I think Danny is underratted but I wouldn't mind seeing him against rios

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:08 AM