IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Cshel86
post Apr 30 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #191

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 07:39 PM) *
u've been on a roll lately...and i hate to doubt your prediction. i'll give this more thought before i come with mine.

I could only hope that Robert wont get frustrated and do something stupid...I hope Im wrong here.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 07:41 PM) *
i said it before...i'll say it again. he's on pace. he knows what he's doing. he'll make weight easily. he'll also be the bigger man come fight night.

I'll take your word for it. He was around the same weight during fight week for the Berto fight, so you're right. I just wish that guys would be in shape and spend the last week or two, tweaking the game plan...especially in big fights like these.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 30 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #192

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2013, 09:29 PM) *
I could only hope that Robert wont get frustrated and do something stupid...I hope Im wrong here.

I'll take your word for it. He was around the same weight during fight week for the Berto fight, so you're right. I just wish that guys would be in shape and spend the last week or two, tweaking the game plan...especially in big fights like these.

making 147 is nothing like it was for him making 135 or 126. there's a science to this. i don't agree with it...but it's how they do it. he'll hit 147 easily.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 1 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #193

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Shit he could lose most of that just in water weight the day of the weigh in. He should be fine

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 1 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #194

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 30 2013, 06:29 PM) *

Here is my issue with Guerrero cutting weight at the last minute. Yes he did the same routine with Berto and he gassed out toward the end. he looked tired. He is going to need all the energy to go 10 rounds (He is getting stopped and I will explain why in the days ahead) with a fighter who stays in shape. I would feel more comfortable if Guerrero came in around 150 to 149. I know Guerrero has been doing this his entire career but he can not afford to get tired in the championship rounds. That is where he can really win the fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 1 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #195

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm with Cshel. Guerrero TALKED himself into this fight. I found it somewhat disturbing that this is the biggest fight of your life and you were kinda flabby. I would have been in shape the moment the contract got signed. I just don't get these fighters man. Floyd, if anybody, could sit back and relax. He really doesn't have to ever fight again. He has all the money, talent and fame in the world. Why does it seem like he's more hungry than the guys trying to be where he's at? Why are these young cats letting the Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweathers of the world out work them? It's already a given they have more ring knowledge than you. Why give them that edge too? Not saying Guerrero won't be in shape for the fight or make weight (even though I previously voiced my concerns). I'm just saying, there wouldn't be any "getting into shape". Until I get to the mountain top, I'm walking around at my fight weight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 1 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #196

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2013, 10:18 AM) *
I'm with Cshel. Guerrero TALKED himself into this fight. I found it somewhat disturbing that this is the biggest fight of your life and you were kinda flabby. I would have been in shape the moment the contract got signed. I just don't get these fighters man. Floyd, if anybody, could sit back and relax. He really doesn't have to ever fight again. He has all the money, talent and fame in the world. Why does it seem like he's more hungry than the guys trying to be where he's at? Why are these young cats letting the Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweathers of the world out work them? It's already a given they have more ring knowledge than you. Why give them that edge too? Not saying Guerrero won't be in shape for the fight or make weight (even though I previously voiced my concerns). I'm just saying, there wouldn't be any "getting into shape". Until I get to the mountain top, I'm walking around at my fight weight.

Hard work dedication. Boxers like Broner and a few others just want the fame and the game, I will put Danny Garcia on that list as well. I think he lied about his injury to prolong his trainer. He wasn't putting in work and it should in the later rounds. B Hop and Floyd are dedicated to the sport these young guys just want the money, bitches, and everything else that comes with it. Broner is licking strippers clits and drinking rather than getting ready for Paulie. I do not understand it either.

I promise yawl Robert is coming in heavy on Friday.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #197

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 1 2013, 01:13 PM) *
Here is my issue with Guerrero cutting weight at the last minute. Yes he did the same routine with Berto and he gassed out toward the end. he looked tired. He is going to need all the energy to go 10 rounds (He is getting stopped and I will explain why in the days ahead) with a fighter who stays in shape. I would feel more comfortable if Guerrero came in around 150 to 149. I know Guerrero has been doing this his entire career but he can not afford to get tired in the championship rounds. That is where he can really win the fight.

i would agree with u if i didn't know that floyd doesn't exactly fight at a hectic pace. floyd likes to fight in spots. unless robert takes it upon himself to set a fast pace...he'll be ok.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 1 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #198

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 12:51 PM) *
i would agree with u if i didn't know that floyd doesn't exactly fight at a hectic pace. floyd likes to fight in spots. unless robert takes it upon himself to set a fast pace...he'll be ok.

u still think this will be a tough fight for floyd?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 1 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #199

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I picked Floyd by a close UD, but I think there's an outside shot, I don't know 7-1 to 10-1 that Guerrero gets DQ'd. He could pull an Ortiz, but he won't "Play nice, ala Oscar" nor look to apologize. He might also get pissed at the ref for not allowing him to hold and hit and do other dirty shit. Does "The Ghost" have to get inside to maul and bust Floyd up to even have a chance at winning? Yes! Will the ref let him do that? No! Only if Russell Mora was appointed would Robert be able to do that.

At the rules meeting Floyd and his people will preach like hell to watch any inside fighting that Robert does. The ref won't let Robert fight inside very much. If Robert doesn't get DQ'd out of frustration, Floyd will win about 16-112 and Guerrero will say "The ref wouldn't let me fight my fight."

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #200

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 1 2013, 05:23 PM) *
u still think this will be a tough fight for floyd?

yes, i do.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:23 PM