IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

mgrover
post Apr 4 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #161

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Harold always likes the aggressive fighters, this ain't nothing new
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #162

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Sweat Pea did the same thing and look what happen!

yeah. at least dk and arum are not involved in this one.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #163

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He has expressed his opinion but I disagree, Lederman's mind has been baked for yrs now. HBO needs some new blood, him and Lampley need to be replaced like yesterday

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 5 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #164

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Trout is getting robbed on the cards,

This is inevitable. One judge will give it to Trout about 116-112 which will be a fair score. The other two biased Mexican, Texas, California, or any combination judges will go 115-113 and 116-112 for Alverez. I voted foul split decisison,

What I want to ask the community is, do you think Trout and his people KNOW the fuckery that he is walking into with Alvarez being the draw and the Texas commission's appointment of officials in "Cinnamon Head's" favor? Do you think Trout will be given money to throw the fight? Would he take a bribe? I don't think so, but who knows.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 5 2013, 05:20 AM
Post #165

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 4 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Trout is getting robbed on the cards,

This is inevitable. One judge will give it to Trout about 116-112 which will be a fair score. The other two biased Mexican, Texas, California, or any combination judges will go 115-113 and 116-112 for Alverez. I voted foul split decisison,

What I want to ask the community is, do you think Trout and his people KNOW the fuckery that he is walking into with Alvarez being the draw and the Texas commission's appointment of officials in "Cinnamon Head's" favor? Do you think Trout will be given money to throw the fight? Would he take a bribe? I don't think so, but who knows.

Jack

Trout has to know that the sport of boxing is against him, judges, Golden Boy, and the crowd. If he does not clearly beat the crap out of Red Head then he has no chance at all. He has to knock him down to even get a draw. He is not winning on the score cards. Remember Red head is the next Oscar Dela Hoya so there is no way he can win on the cards, no way! He has to Tyson this guy. And that will not guarantee a victory.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #166

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 5 2013, 01:23 AM) *

I believe Trout and his team know what they're walking into when it comes to Texas, but the biggest question is, will they be naive and hope that the "fans" will take their side enough to protest a bad decision here?

That's my whole mind frame after bad decisions are called in boxing, don't worry about me and what they fans "know they saw", you should've been going for the knockout, regardless.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Some of these guys (and their team) want the sympathy of the fans after a robbery instead of worrying about that 'L' on their record. Hell, some teams don't even try to avenge the robbery, they just carry themselves like, "we know who really won the fight", while the culprit moves on in his career and makes the big bucks.

A robbery is inevitable here...Canelo and his people (and fans, and promoters, and managers, and whoever tha fuck) wants to see him face Mayweather...no need to ruin that over a guy that no one really knows. Of course Trout beat Cotto, who lost to Mayweather...so....where was that train even going?

Cotto took a bad fight, let Canelo sit back in a safety zone, and now Canelo's gonna "win" this Trout fight, come hell or high water, so he can continue chasing Mayweather. Even if the Mayweather fight doesn't happen immediately after this "win" over Trout, guess who Canelo can STILL fight and make great money off of? Yep you got it, Miguel "Please the fans even if its a bad business decision" Cotto.

Thanks Cotto, for trying to please the fans against a stylistic nightmare that no one knew about (and still doesn't know), and ending up playing second fiddle to somebody who doesn't even deserve a janitorial position in the sport (Canelo).

I voted for Trout by close decision, but let's just be real here, we ALL hate how Canelo's being handled (business wise), so he's going to upset the apple cart JUST because we want to see him lose. I believe he can stop Trout, and chances are, he will....juuuust because we cant stand his situation right now. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #167

Cruiserweight

it's so sad that a robbery is a very possible scenario for this fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #168

Super Middleweight

and people used to hate on Arum for shit like this. I swear if this ends up in a robbery, I may actually never watch a golden boy fight again.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #169

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 06:18 PM) *
and people used to hate on Arum for shit like this. I swear if this ends up in a robbery, I may actually never watch a golden boy fight again.

who do u think goldenboy came up under?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #170

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2013, 12:47 AM) *
who do u think goldenboy came up under?

Oscar?

It's just making you lose faith at times in the sport

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:02 PM