> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
dre98
post Mar 14 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #81

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 03:55 PM) *
seriously. this all sounds like that bullshit ass east coast/west coast beef and it's being fed unnecessarily. not even worth covering to be honest...but it's feeding this thread and many others. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hey man it gives us something to talk about. It gives us to a chance to talk about the truth about fighters
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 06:30 PM) *
yes he is.

Which one? You think he's trying leave a legacy?

I agree, the pussified era is some of the new kids comin up. But no one is above being critiqued, not even Andre. I have no beefs with Ward and I think he's handling it in a classy way, which is a testament to his character. My problem is with his management. And if I'm out of line so fuckin be it but I don't get how he's so bible based and he practically is managed by a man who many consider the devil. It don't work both ways, you can't have it this way and then try to cut off the other way...And in regards to J Prince, I'd be surprised if Ward is managed by him down the road. ALL of his fighters eave him and it's over the same thing..$$$$

I think Floyd did get a little sore about Andre ridin with Guerrero but I don't see the problem with that because correct me if I'm wrong, they go way way back. I don't understand what Floyd sees wrong with him riding for his friend. And I agree we grew up in two different generations. I'ma 80's baby and we don't do the whole speak soft and then fight shit. We'll talk it out and swap it out, at least that's what we did in my hood. I agree that without Roger and Floyd sr he wouldn't be where he is to a certain extent, and you got to say Arum because Arum took a chance on him. But he pushed it to another level and that's something that none of them could've did for him. MJ wouldn't have won rings without Phil Jackson coaching and Scottie Pippen playing his part but that doesn't diminish him and in this case Floyd because they still have to go out and get the job done.

I think he crossed a path in the sense that he attacked Andre for his view on the fight but the religious aspect. I don't agree, no one is above criticism. TBH, I hope they squash it. Both are great talents and instead of this petty and meaningless lil debate they got going, they should be supporting one another and uplifting one another

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #83

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 14 2013, 06:24 PM) *
He can text whatever, but it doesn't mean that's the way he actually feels on the inside. Who really believes that he doesn't want to be a big attraction, make a boat load of money, and whatever comes with being # 1? It just irks my nerves how people use religion or god to justify an argument and Ward isn't the only one guilty of this. He is basically saying that Floyd sold his soul to the devil lol and that he can't make to that level necause he following the righteous path. Lol

I think he wants to be a big PPV star, he said it earlier this week in fact, but I don't think he's willing to compromise himself to attain those goals. I see what your saying though lol...and that goes back to what I said in a previous post, some (not talking about you) don't like bible thumpers and I think some fans feel he is one(again, not talking about you). There are athletes who play up this religion angle and it makes me sick to my stomach

What gets me is why is it off limits to discuss Ward's, or Tebow's or any other pro athletes situation in that regard. Everybody knows if you go at Tebow, that's suicide lol. It's like saying because I don't got to church regularly I'm a heathen and I can be critiqued but the other goes to church, champions their faith and they get a pass

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 14 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #84

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 08:00 PM) *
I think he wants to be a big PPV star, he said it earlier this week in fact, but I don't think he's willing to compromise himself to attain those goals. I see what your saying though lol...and that goes back to what I said in a previous post, some (not talking about you) don't like bible thumpers and I think some fans feel he is one(again, not talking about you). There are athletes who play up this religion angle and it makes me sick to my stomach

What gets me is why is it off limits to discuss Ward's, or Tebow's or any other pro athletes situation in that regard. Everybody knows if you go at Tebow, that's suicide lol. It's like saying because I don't got to church regularly I'm a heathen and I can be critiqued but the other goes to church, champions their faith and they get a pass

I think its nothing wrong with one displaying your faith but Ward or Guerrero should act like they getting in the squared circle because God put them there or they are fighting for God. Boxing is sport where you fight for money and entertainment not for righteousness or anything like that. Its all entertainment and they should keep it that way. Some people are born with different abilities than others but it doesnt mean your fighting like your Palestine and Israel.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 14 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #85

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Yeah whenever I hear fighters talking bout their particular faith, its never something that interests me as a fan since I'm not religious myself anyway. I guess its because this sport is to all intents fighting for money. I don't really get how you can follow a religious lifestyle and reconcile that, but that's not my problem really. If a fighter has a belief and it motivates him to perform to the best of his abilities resulting in sweet fights, then I'm happy...

As for this whole Floyd vs Ward bs... The most interesting thing I've taken from it all is, why the hell is Ward still associated with this apparently shady as fuck Prince dude?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 14 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #86

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Man, this thread took off. LOL.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 14 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #87

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 08:00 PM) *

We are on the same page, this goes beyond Floyd vs Ward. In everyday life I see so many people waving the religion sword and say they are living according to the good book, but keep up so much crap. Lol it's to point where I find myself monitoring their actions, so I can critique them.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #88

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 07:26 AM) *
I commented on the article at the time and said, "No where in this article does Andre Ward say Guerrero WILL win...." I think that's the part Floyd omitted when he processed what he read/heard (big emphasis on HEARD).

You'd have to question whether he even processed it, based on his left-field response to the Ward's view of the fight.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 14 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Well written, Side note, i appreciate all of you and being a part of this. I love reading this when I'm cooked, a lot of you write very well while i notice I'm not even considered an "amateur" writer..

We welcome your baked thoughts with open arms...now STFU and pass the joint man. Puff puff give man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 01:11 PM) *
THIS IS WHAT BOXING IS ALL ABOUT-- SHIT TALKING AND CONTROVERSY... ALL WHO FEEL OFFENDED AND OUTRAGED TAKE OFF THE THONGS AND TAMPONS!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 04:47 PM) *
it's probably best for him this way. takes the pressure off.

Hopefully that's the case. He doesn't strike me as the guy who cares much for popularity though.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 14 2013, 05:13 PM) *
excellent points. he's beyond the point of no return. he chose the villain role and we all saw how that worked out for mike tyson.

The difference is, Tyson is/was CRAZY...Floyd just comes off as half-witted sometimes...even when he says things that makes sense.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 06:29 PM) *
No he didn't, quite the opposite. I agree with others, in that this isn't really news worthy and tbh, from what I've seen, this "blip" has gotten more steam in this forum, than anywhere else (I have my thoughts as to why, but we'll leave that alone).

We all know why. It's one of those "1+1" common sense-type answers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #89

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 14 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Well written, Side note, i appreciate all of you and being a part of this. I love reading this when I'm cooked, a lot of you write very well while i notice I'm not even considered an "amateur" writer.. Especially any minorities, I'm impressed, they need to have these boxing forums more prevalent on ESPN or some network so EVERYONE can be considered a "Hardcore" fan. That way Andre Ward would be more popular too among others. I'm tryna do something on FIRST TAKE one day, they seem like they dont know shit about boxing. Stephen A is my dude though, he makes me wanna read the dictionary.

Enough baked thoughts.. If what someone said earlier about Ward's Manager is true, then it all makes sense, a shitty promotion team will get you no where even if you have the skill.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I JUST caught this...

NO THEY DON'T!!! NONE of this needs to be publicized...none of it!

I'd fuck around and be like that guy on Twitter who trolled a boxer, and they went after him...found out where he lived and all. Not only that, but we share some decent marketing/promotional ideas on here...no need to overpaid opportunists to get paid off of our hard work.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 14 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #90

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Here is the thing, and after rereading Floyd's comments as well as Ward's manager and Wards, and Guerrero's past statements and this is my take:

Floyd sounded off on not particularly Andre Ward but people in general who feel that "God is on there side" and he also said they he may not be perfect but he prays every morning and night. Which means that just because you a squeaky doesn't mean God favors you over the next guy or girl (don't want to be sexist). All the shit Guerrero was talking about how God sent him to humble Mayweather blah blah is a little strange because I am sure that the past fighters Floyd has fought where Christians as well... Manny Pacquiao is a representative of the Catholic Church and he got laid the hell out, did God not favor Manny or was God feeling JMM a little more that night? Saying God is picking you over another man is something of a a conceitedness that I feel some Christians believe that they have over others. Just because you go to church more and tithe and are squeaky clean doesn't mean you are God's favor. Jesus even said "I am not here for the healthy I am here for the sick" meaning that he wants the sinners. Ward represents himself as a gentleman and he seems to be one, but I have no idea what he is like behind closed doors especially with a manager like J. Prince.

As far as his comments about Ward: Yes they were true and he said what he felt he needed to say. I think his comments about melting his gold medal was a little much but everything else I could agree with. He is not known outside of boxing fans, he isn't a big attraction and he isn't making the kind of money that he is suppose to be making. I agree with that. However, I do think he was just pissed that Ward would say one thing (Floyd being his favorite boxing) and then turning around and picking Guerrero to win or pulling for Guerrero to win. Now what would make this interesting if Ward appeared on Camp 360 in Guerrero's gym, that would give Ward exposure and more fuel to the fire or vica versa. What James Prince said was a bit inaccurate, the reason why Floyd got De La Hoya was because his name was getting well known, especially after the Judah and Gatti fight. Floyd was really coming into his own. I think Prince saw an opportunity to speak up for his boxer and that he did. You fight fire with fire. Leonerd E. should tell Floyd to chill and get back to training but Floyd is not going to let that shit by James go so maybe we will have more war of words. Ward should also tell Prince to chill, we don't need another Royce da 5'9 and D-12 beef (someone actually got shot) instead let bygones be bygones. Guerrero has to feel like the side chic because no one is talking about him. LOL. And I do not think Broner at this stage could beat Mayweather.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 14 2013, 09:31 PM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 02:24 AM