Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ward named champion emeritus
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

is that really being stripped? i think the wbc is full of shit....but sakio bika and some other unknown dude fighting for a now vacant title isn't fooling anyone. everyone knows ward is the man at 168 and all roads go through him.

he has relinquished his 'emeritus' status.

emeritus status affords him the opportunity to defend when he chooses against who he chooses...i thought. wbc changes their rules all the time. i say fuck em.

if it were jr,canelo or floyd...suiliaman would have given them what they wanted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 20 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 04:17 PM) *
is that really being stripped? i think the wbc is full of shit....but sakio bika and some other unknown dude fighting for a now vacant title isn't fooling anyone. everyone knows ward is the man at 168 and all roads go through him.

he has relinquished his 'emeritus' status.

emeritus status affords him the opportunity to defend when he chooses against who he chooses...i thought. wbc changes their rules all the time. i say fuck em.

if it were jr,canelo or floyd...suiliaman would have given them what they wanted.

No Emeritus stratus is not a stripping. You basically get that when a health injury prevents you from fighting for a time where you could not defend because of heath reasons. In this case, it was Ward's shoulder injury.

The #1 and #2 guys fight for the title with the winner to fight the Emeritus champion when he is healthy and ready to fight.

Ward didn't like the politics so he vacated his Emeritus Status. He can just get the title back by fighting whoever holds the title when he is ready to fight and than he beats the active guy.

Who is Ward fighting next?

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 20 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Does this really matter? Why the fuck is Ward at super middleweight,

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 20 2013, 06:52 PM) *
No Emeritus stratus is not a stripping. You basically get that when a health injury prevents you from fighting for a time where you could not defend because of heath reasons. In this case, it was Ward's shoulder injury.

The #1 and #2 guys fight for the title with the winner to fight the Emeritus champion when he is healthy and ready to fight.

Ward didn't like the politics so he vacated his Emeritus Status. He can just get the title back by fighting whoever holds the title when he is ready to fight and than he beats the active guy.

Who is Ward fighting next?

Jack

i thought i heard/read something about ward fighting chavez next...that might have been a dream. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 20 2013, 07:41 PM) *
Does this really matter? Why the fuck is Ward at super middleweight,

why not? it's his weight class. he hasn't become undisputed. there are still paydays at the weight. it makes sense.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 20 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 12:46 AM) *
why not? it's his weight class. he hasn't become undisputed. there are still paydays at the weight. it makes sense.

Whose he honestly left to fight? Chavez isn't moving up, it'll be a while before GGG moves up, Froch and Kessler won't beat him. He needs to claim the light heavyweight title

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 20 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 20 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Whose he honestly left to fight? Chavez isn't moving up, it'll be a while before GGG moves up, Froch and Kessler won't beat him. He needs to claim the light heavyweight title

with the new wbc rules about rehydration limits...i think chavez is going to be forced to move up.

there's still dirrell and bute. oh...and a few undefeated up-and-comers.

i'd love to see the ggg fight before he moves up.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 20 2013, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 21 2013, 02:20 AM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The WBC did this weeks ago, Ward is just now responding to it. He did the right thing, these sanctioning bodies act as if they own the fighters. It's about time someone had the balls to stand up to them and tell them to take thier belt and shove it. Hopefully more fighters follow suit

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 21 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

It's hard to even takes titles seriously anymore. ANYBODY can be a champ nowadays, so where's the exclusivity in it? There is none.

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post May 21 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

Seems as if the Ring Magazine championship has become the most respected and universally recognized belt anyway.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:56 PM