IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it fair Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) is getting a title shot in his second pro bout?
Gambit808
post Jan 14 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

No doubt about it Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) amature and olympic trials look as impressive as Guillermo Rigondeaux's, and who knows, he may give him a run for his money in the future to come, but is it fair that he's getting a title shot in his second pro bout against Orlando Salido, even if he wins?

What makes this man any different from other olympic gold medalists past and present who actually grind there way through the pro ranks to get there shot?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 14 2014, 11:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 15 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I didn't think he looked very good at all.. granted it was his first pro fight but from what my lying eyes saw he is no where near rigos level.

But to answer your question it is not fair, he didn't look so good and honestly salido may fuck him up.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 15 2014, 12:09 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 15 2014, 01:59 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Interesting... Cuban is the new craze. The pedigree is getting the shot and not the guy, if that makes sense.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 15 2014, 04:25 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

While I wouldn't say its fair, in a way the kids not being handed a title shot because of a padded record, its probably his deathwish and idea, and lets be honest Salido shouldnt really even have the title. The kid seems to want to fight, he'll happily get in there for however many rounds with however, but he gets too often...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

If the fight makes it to the later rounds then Salido will probably knock him out. He looked ok in his first fight but nothing that says greatness. And no don't care when it is. He's shown nothing ams or in his first fight that makes me believe he could handle Rigondeaux. Listen to his manager talk about that fight. He and his whole team know they don't really want the headache of mixing it up with Rigo will bring

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Let's get ready for a candlelight vigil....very necessary in this situation.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 15 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I don't think you can call it fair or unfair, the way boxing is designed, he made the fight with their own camp, it's not the boxing officials/commission making the fight for him.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 15 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 14 2014, 11:18 PM) *
No doubt about it Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KO) amature and olympic trials look as impressive as Guillermo Rigondeaux's, and who knows, he may give him a run for his money in the future to come, but is it fair that he's getting a title shot in his second pro bout against Orlando Salido, even if he wins?

What makes this man any different from other olympic gold medalists past and present who actually grind there way through the pro ranks to get there shot?

Maybe Arum is underestimating what Salido has remaining in the tank.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 15 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2014, 09:49 AM) *
If the fight makes it to the later rounds then Salido will probably knock him out. He looked ok in his first fight but nothing that says greatness. And no don't care when it is. He's shown nothing ams or in his first fight that makes me believe he could handle Rigondeaux. Listen to his manager talk about that fight. He and his whole team know they don't really want the headache of mixing it up with Rigo will bring

Did they meet in the armature's or something? IF he's able to get through Salido along with some more successful/impressive wins down the way and build up a big enough buzz, I'm sure his manager will probably be humming a different tune if ain't too soon. Rigo ain't no spring chicken, he is sort of up there in age, though his skills don't show it of course.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 15 2014, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 15 2014, 07:46 PM) *
Did they meet in the armature's or something? IF he's able to get through Salido along with some more successful/impressive wins down the way and build up a big enough buzz, I'm sure his manager will probably be humming a different tune if ain't too soon. Rigo ain't no spring chicken, he is sort of up there in age, though his skills don't show it of course.

I'm not quite sure they fought against one another in the amateur ranks. He can beat Salido but the longer that one goes the worse it'll be for Lomanchenko. He didn''t look good in his debut

Rigo is no spring chicken but he's young in boxing years because he started late and he doesn't take punishment. His style suits him perfectly and I don't think his age will be a factor

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:59 PM