> Mayweather Interview on NBC
Cshel86
post Mar 3 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 3 2012, 12:15 PM) *
If I remember correctly Oscar did not spilt 50/50 with anyone. No one said that he was greedy or a bastard for doing so. Mayweather is outspoken and people can not control him and that is what the media hates.

He is honest he fights for himself. I wish more people would be honest. Aren't you tired of athletes saying what they are programmed to say? Especially when we know it is B.S. I don't get why people like being lied to. If he said he fights for the fans and America and Michigan the Dalai Lama we would call BS so fast. He has earned his right to call shots
As far as Pacqiao and his legacy are concerned: When in history of anything do we only look at someone's career in pockets? I mean are boxing historians really going to say well Pacquiao is the greatest of his era because from 2006 he dominated? That is a little ridiculous. If that is the case Andy Roddick is the greates American tennis player ever. Because from 2000-2003 he was pretty bad ass. Greatness is something that does not take shape over night. Look at the career of Ali, Julio Cesar Sr. Hector Camacho and all the greats, they did not dominate over night, they kicked ass from the start. So I agree Mayweather does not need Pacquiao but having him on his list would not hurt. I think Pacquiao has more to prove.

Bob Costas is an asshole. He is one of these "reporters" who think they have an upper hand. He reminds me of Anderson Cooper.

Oscar didn't HAVE to split anything, he was the face of boxing and he kissed more ass than ever. He was the cash cow, so there was no reason to make such an argument as to who gets what. In this present case, we have two cash cows...one keeps most/all of his money, and the other is "believed" to be making that kind of money.

Most of your post is strictly opinion, some off-topic stuff, and a bit of regurgitation. As far as the Pacquaio comment about people saying that he's the greatest fighter of his era...aren't people ALREADY trying to push that agenda, despite his choice of health hazard opponents over the years?

People will make Pacquiao whatever they want him to be, especially if this megafight doesn't happen. So, if they have to make Pacquiao the "record-breaking, 8-division champion, and the guy that Mayweather avoided", then that's what they will do.

Once again Archimedes, you're correct as well...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 3 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #32

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Mar 3 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Floyd just better tell Roger to keep his ass in the corner when Cotto hits him in the nuts. lol

Oh yeah...especially if Floyd hits him w/ somethin' he can't see and gets him on his roller skates...a la Zab Judah

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Mar 3 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 3 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Oscar didn't HAVE to split anything, he was the face of boxing and he kissed more ass than ever. He was the cash cow, so there was no reason to make such an argument as to who gets what. In this present case, we have two cash cows...one keeps most/all of his money, and the other is "believed" to be making that kind of money.

Most of your post is strictly opinion, some off-topic stuff, and a bit of regurgitation. As far as the Pacquaio comment about people saying that he's the greatest fighter of his era...aren't people ALREADY trying to push that agenda, despite his choice of health hazard opponents over the years?

People will make Pacquiao whatever they want him to be, especially if this megafight doesn't happen. So, if they have to make Pacquiao the "record-breaking, 8-division champion, and the guy that Mayweather avoided", then that's what they will do.

Once again Archimedes, you're correct as well...

Your right and if the fight doesnt happen it will taint a career in mayweather that normally would be celebrated. Not just taint it in my eyes, but in the boxing reporters and boxing historians eyes in large part. So when your kids hear about the once great mayweather it will carry the stigma that he avoided pac to protect a bogus perfect record. Bogus of course because it will be popular belief he avoided pac all along. Wait and see, this alone will keep him as the ugly stepchild of greats like ray Robinson, Leonard, hopkins. jones jr.

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Mar 3 2012, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 3 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 3 2012, 07:21 PM) *
Your right and if the fight doesnt happen it will taint a career in mayweather that normally would be celebrated. Not just taint it in my eyes, but in the boxing reporters and boxing historians eyes in large part. So when your kids hear about the once great mayweather it will carry the stigma that he avoided pac to protect a bogus perfect record. Bogus of course because it will be popular belief he avoided pac all along. Wait and see, this alone will keep him as the ugly stepchild of greats like ray Robinson, Leonard, hopkins. jones jr.

I cant argue with you on that. The sad part is, there are waaaay more casual fans than us hardcore fans who have a good idea about whats going on. Even us hardcore fans have our opinions about the fight, but casual fans outnumber us...especially when we're talking about the biggest fighters in the sport.

With that said, casual fans who either dont have time or dont care about the details of the negotiations, will pretty much go with what the majority says...and that's about Mayweather avoiding Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Mar 3 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #35

Welterweight

exactly!!! I said it before and i mean it, until these two idiots get off of their entitled high horses and sign the fight, i wont buy another ppv with them in it. Hell i cant lie though, you know i will catch the free replay, just not putting money in eithers pocket until they fight a meaningful fight

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Mar 3 2012, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 3 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Oscar got 52 million dollars for fighting Floyd which is a lot of money (and yeah I just read that on the front page) now is Oscar greedy? No. Mayweather even though known did not have Oscar's fame. After he beat oscar then the world was his. Here comes Pac. Is getting his name out is known for having great fights, he wants to fight Mayweather but he wants half, now if Mayweather took less from Oscar why doesn't Pac? This is the guy who fights for his fans and his country blah blah, not for money. He even said he would take less, Floyd said okay take less and now all of the sudden Floyd is in the wrong?

Either way, I do not see this fight happening and I know that the world (Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon, Dan Raephel etc.) will blame Floyd. If I am Mayweather I would stop talking about Pacquiao because he is digging a deeper hole. Pacquiao can say what he wants about Floyd because he is the good guy and well his word is gold.

One way this fight could happen if the boxing commission of Nevada force them to fight each other or they can lose all their belts or something. I don't know some sort of penalty.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 3 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 3 2012, 08:48 PM) *
One way this fight could happen if the boxing commission of Nevada force them to fight each other or they can lose all their belts or something. I don't know some sort of penalty.

Statements like this only go to prove how far away you are from what goes on in the sport. NOBODY has control over this fight happening...even the fighters themselves.

HBO attempted to push them into making the fight happen, by threatening to "stop" holding their breath (reserving a date for them to fight), and I believe that was for the year of 2011, cant completely remember at the moment.

As far as belts, Mayweather doesn't care about them, Manny probably doesn't either, and both guys are at the point of their careers where they've either won so many titles, or they dont matter anymore.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Mar 4 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #38

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 03:49 AM) *
Statements like this only go to prove how far away you are from what goes on in the sport. NOBODY has control over this fight happening...even the fighters themselves.

HBO attempted to push them into making the fight happen, by threatening to "stop" holding their breath (reserving a date for them to fight), and I believe that was for the year of 2011, cant completely remember at the moment.

As far as belts, Mayweather doesn't care about them, Manny probably doesn't either, and both guys are at the point of their careers where they've either won so many titles, or they dont matter anymore.

BINGO

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 4 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 12:49 AM) *

Then that needs to change. I have not watched an UFC fight but it seems like Dana White has his top guys fight. What is the point of having a commission if they cannot enforce what could be the biggest fight in boxing history? HBO wants money and they are not going to sideline their two biggest attractions especially with Showtime in the background. It seems that the sanctioning bodies could do something. Oh well

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 4 2012, 10:34 AM) *
Then that needs to change. I have not watched an UFC fight but it seems like Dana White has his top guys fight. What is the point of having a commission if they cannot enforce what could be the biggest fight in boxing history? HBO wants money and they are not going to sideline their two biggest attractions especially with Showtime in the background. It seems that the sanctioning bodies could do something. Oh well

The ONLY time a commission has control over SOME parts of a fight, is AFTER the venue is picked and the fight is signed. HBO and Showtime both want money, but in the same breath, they refuse to lose money by holding dates, while Manny and Floyd (and their teams) bullshit around).

There's money to be made, that's why both stations continue to book fights, and let these big heads sort out their mess. This is why I like when there's only one head honcho per division, because shit like this happens when there are two who are getting paid out of the ass.

The #1 guy MUST be the biggest attraction and the #2 guy MUST need him, or else, stuff like this happens. Floyd nor Manny cant EVER say that their careers would've been what they are today, had they not stepped in the ring with Oscar.

All of this "two top fighters in the world" mess happened because Floyd decided to "retire" and ended up coming back with a problem on his hands. Cotto was the guy that the world was waiting for Floyd to fight, but he ended up getting dismantled by Margarito...then came Manny weaseling his way into a fight with Oscar, since somebody had to be crowned the next "P4P" fighter in the world.

Fuck a sanctioning body...they cant keep up with any of their lies, and they are only good for changing the rules for fighters that they like...if they are a champ with their sanctioning body. Again, Manny and Floyd could give two shits about belts at this point of their career.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:38 PM