> So Who Beats Floyd? Past or Present?
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Aint no present fighter beating him

As far as past fighters, I feel he loses to Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard, I think Hearns would give Floyd that work. I've talked to a lot of people who think Duran would beat Mayweather but I disagree, I think Mayweather would beat him and Pryor

De La Hoya in his prime against Floyd would be a great fight and the same for Shane. Out of all the fights I just named, in my dream scenario I would like to see Ray Leonard and Mayweather jr go at it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2013, 05:32 AM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 03:10 PM) *
Hmm....I wonder why.

hmm.......i dont get it

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 06:12 AM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 03:35 AM) *

As far as past fighters, I feel he loses to Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard, I think Hearns would give Floyd that work. I've talked to a lot of people who think Duran would beat Mayweather but I disagree, I think Mayweather would beat him and Pryor

De La Hoya in his prime against Floyd would be a great fight and the same for Shane. Out of all the fights I just named, in my dream scenario I would like to see Ray Leonard and Mayweather jr go at it

DLH in his prime was a one handed fighter (the left hook), he rarely used his right hand and it wasn't until Sr started to train him that he became a two handed fighter. I have to disagree there and I think Hearns would've beaten Money but I can't see a KO, probably Robinson KO's Floyd but him and SRL would have a good scrap with neither getting a KO or a knockdown. Shane kinda ruined his prime as he took on a lot of tomato cans so we never really got to see him totally dominate the elites during the time after he beat Oscar (that's when I felt he was in his prime).

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 7 2013, 07:05 AM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

These are some good studies, may have a couple of inaccuracies, like Ray Leonard's reach, which was 74 in not 72 in, but you see comparisons of him fighting other legendary fighters in the first video, then fighting bums in the second. Like I stated earlier, the second video is proof that people look at legacy too much, and don't actually pay enough attention to what a fighter does in the ring. Floyd Mayweather Jr. beats Sugar Ray Leonard.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 7 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 7 2013, 06:32 AM) *
hmm.......i dont get it

Remember his trainer Panama Lewis asking for the "other bottle" during the Arguello fight? Suddenly Pryor had a battery up his ass and finished the fight in a strong fashion after he sippeth of thou suspicious water bottle. Not blaming it on Pryor, but Lewis was a certified snake and always will be.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 7 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 04:35 AM) *

prime delahoya couldn't beat past his prime whitaker. i think prime 147 trinidad would have a better shot than dlh. (no...he wasn't at his prime when he fought dlh...he outgrew the weightclass. that's why dlh took the fight.)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 7 2013, 03:50 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #27

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Remember his trainer Panama Lewis asking for the "other bottle" during the Arguello fight? Suddenly Pryor had a battery up his ass and finished the fight in a strong fashion after he sippeth of thou suspicious water bottle. Not blaming it on Pryor, but Lewis was a certified snake and always will be.

i remember now

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 7 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #28

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 02:35 PM) *
prime delahoya couldn't beat past his prime whitaker. i think prime 147 trinidad would have a better shot than dlh. (no...he wasn't at his prime when he fought dlh...he outgrew the weightclass. that's why dlh took the fight.)

I thought Oscar did just enough to beat Whitaker in their fight. You could make a case for a draw to a two-point edge for either boxer. However, the official scorecards, wide in Oscar's favor were absurd.

Jack

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 7 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #29

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

i thought oscar looked his best vs. trinidad. his gameplan/fear of tito's power cost him the fight. but i thought that was the best he ever looked. when i said a prime dlh could possibly beat floyd that was the one i was thinking about. the whitaker fight was his first at welterweight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 7 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (hitman @ May 6 2013, 01:33 PM) *
Does Floyd not have a great defense since Mosley almost knocked him out? If that was Hearns do you think Mayweather would have stayed up? fighters get caught. that was not a prime duran.

If you watched the first Leonard fight or any of his lightweight fights you would know just how good his defense was.

ALMOST KNOCKED OUT and being knocked out are two different things; sure sometimes one can get caught with a punch they just don't see from a crazy angle and get put to sleep but Duran was boxing like a wild animal against TH and Tommy literally exploited all the holes in his defense and caked him with a punch that should've been blocked by someone you claim is a defensive wizard.

You're quoting as though Duran was flattened by only one punch, watch the entire fight for as long as it lasted and see how easy TH made it look getting through Duran's so called "great defense", forget making excuses about him being prime or not-he later went on to do some incredible things so excuses are just like elbows (everybody's got em).

Here watch to refresh your memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLya0g815U and please do not talk to me about watching the first fight with SRL or any of his LW fights, I'm 48 years old and saw them when i was a kid (how old are you)?

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: May 7 2013, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:21 PM