IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime: Lopez vs. Alvarez- Prediction And Poll!, Who Takes it? Vote and Comment!
Who Wins Lopez-Alvarez?
Who Takes It?
Lopez by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]
Lopez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lopez by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Alvarez by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [16.67%]
Alvarez by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by KO/TKO [ 6 ] ** [50.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser In Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Sep 11 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Vote Now and Comment! Who Wins and Why?

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 11 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #2

The Consultant

It will be a war, but Lopez will have to get Alvarez out of there to win. "Cinnamon Head" is one of the favorite sons of Bob Arum and the second-favorite son of the WBC with Chavez being the first. There's something about an undefeated fighter on a Top Rank show, where the stars are catered to in some of the officiating. (With HBO's pom-poming of course.) Judges don't want the "O" to go on a star's show. The best Lopez gets on the cards is a draw. It will probably be a fight that most will have 115-113 Lopez, 116-112 Lopez and a 114-114 draw.

The judges will go the other way with 115-113 Alvarez twice and a 115-113 Lopez card.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 11 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #3

The Consultant

This is a big card for a non-PPV!

What fights are going to be on Showtime Extreme? We know that Lopez-Alvarez is on Showtime, and I think Gonzalez-Ponce Deleon is the supporter. But what will Showtime Extreme Have? The time grid only shows a one-hour duration for those fights, which I presume will be:

Leo Santa Cruz vs. Eric Morel
Marcos Madiana- Soto Karass.

Jack

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Sep 11 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,998

14 pounds above his weight class spells doom for Cinderfella, he gets stopped in 9.

Maidana stops Jesus, I think both guys hit the canvas at one point, it's a don't blink fight.

This post has been edited by Sunni6Killer: Sep 11 2012, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 11 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Shoot!

I think I put the poll wrong! I voted Alvarez by close decision and it did not register. The total votes I don't think are being counted.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I believe Lopez is bigger than people realize. He fought Jessie Vargas a year ago, but the fight wasn't at 140...it was at 142, and Lopez hit 142 on the head. I believe he only put on 2 more lbs for the Ortiz fight, coming in at 144 lbs.

He's basically been a WW the whole time. Alvarez on the other hand, is a big 154 lber, and Im expecting him to come in fight night at 167-170, while Lopez may crack 156, while weighing in at 150. I hope to God that he isn't trying to hit 154 on the head, but if so, he better stick to the game plan.

I've never seen Canelo's inside game, but he'll surely need it in this one because Lopez likes to fight at close quarters. I've never seen Canelo bullied or moved around against his own will, and Lopez will be Man of the Year, if he's able to keep Canelo uncomfortable and unbalanced.

That equals less time for Canelo to sit down on a shot that will make Lopez see the little birdies. The moment Lopez decides to go into Mexican overdrive, we'll see him sustain shots that he "may" not be able to take all the way til the final bell.

I give Lopez 85% credit for the Ortiz fight. Why? He got hit way more than he was supposed to, even though he showed great head movements with most of Victor's hooks. He bullied the bully in a few rounds and spots of the fight. I wont give that much credit for power, because Ortiz's head movement is so shitty at times. So yes, I blame Victor's carelessness for the broken jaw, not so much as Lopez's power.

Lopez by UD (close), if he stays in Canelo's chest, keeps him off balance, and bullies him. Canelo by TKO in the mid rounds, if Lopez's heart and thirst to hurt Canelo, prevails. I'll be a man and stick with the Lopez close UD, instead of playing it safe. I'll take responsibility for anything going opposite of how I predicted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 11 2012, 09:21 AM) *
It will be a war, but Lopez will have to get Alvarez out of there to win. "Cinnamon Head" is one of the favorite sons of Bob Arum and the second-favorite son of the WBC with Chavez being the first. There's something about an undefeated fighter on a Top Rank show, where the stars are catered to in some of the officiating. (With HBO's pom-poming of course.) Judges don't want the "O" to go on a star's show. The best Lopez gets on the cards is a draw. It will probably be a fight that most will have 115-113 Lopez, 116-112 Lopez and a 114-114 draw.

The judges will go the other way with 115-113 Alvarez twice and a 115-113 Lopez card.

Jack

the ginger is with golden boy promotions....but i get what you are saying. it still applies.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 11 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Late round stoppage for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez! I just don't see Lopez surviving those same bombs Canelo landed on Mosley

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 11 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 03:25 PM) *
the ginger is with golden boy promotions....but i get what you are saying. it still applies.

Yea, I was thinking of Chavez-Martinez when I typed that. Correct-No Alvarez-Lopez is not Arum, it is Golden Boy. But the "O" record and the WBC support still applies.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Jack...Im rolling with your scorecard predictions, if it happens to go to the cards. I'm actually predicting that one of these guys will try to end it early...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:52 PM