Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mikey Garcia vs. Russell Jr, YES PLEASE
Dolimite
post Mar 3 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

This fight needs to happen! Both are technically sound and gifted boxers. Russell's hand speed would give Mikey problems. I hope this fight gets made. Mikey wants (boxingscene.com) and after Russell heals up he should ask for this fight!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 3 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 3 2013, 11:54 AM) *
This fight needs to happen! Both are technically sound and gifted boxers. Russell's hand speed would give Mikey problems. I hope this fight gets made. Mikey wants (boxingscene.com) and after Russell heals up he should ask for this fight!

Will never happen. Top Rank Vs. GBP. But they are both respectable opponents that carry themselves like true champions inside and outside of the ring. This is a solid fight. Amazing how Russell didn't use the straight left hand until round 9/10. Wonderful performance. It sucks that his hands are brittle. True talent..

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 3 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 3 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Will never happen. Top Rank Vs. GBP. But they are both respectable opponents that carry themselves like true champions inside and outside of the ring. This is a solid fight. Amazing how Russell didn't use the straight left hand until round 9/10. Wonderful performance. It sucks that his hands are brittle. True talent..

He used that straight left early in the fight, he just hurt it and relied on his right.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 3 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 3 2013, 12:07 PM) *

These guys are young, hopefully Arum will be dead in the next three years then we can get all the top fights that we are wishing for.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 3 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 3 2013, 05:07 PM) *
These guys are young, hopefully Arum will be dead in the next three years then we can get all the top fights that we are wishing for.

Lmaoo i did not see that one coming.

I'll give the SLIGHT edge to Mikey simply due to quality of opposition however if Gary Russell Jr. keeps dominating the way he is there is no telling how that fight could go.

He showed a lot of versatility last night. Speed isn't the only thing in his arsenal. Speed aside, His footwork, head movement, and the angles at which he was throwing his hooks were phenomenal. He's a smooth boxer.

I'd like to see Gary Russell Jr. end the Gamboa hype.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 3 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 3 2013, 04:30 PM) *

I'll give the SLIGHT edge to Mikey simply due to quality of opposition however if Gary Russell Jr. keeps dominating the way he is there is no telling how that fight could go.

He showed a lot of versatility last night. Speed isn't the only thing in his arsenal. Speed aside, His footwork, head movement, and the angles at which he was throwing his hooks were phenomenal. He's a smooth boxer.

Dude to the feud that SMS has with Golden Boy/Haymon promotions I do not think that will happen. But we will keep our fingers crossed. Gamboa is actually a good boxer/fighter but he has poor business decisions. Very poor. I would loved for him to had fought Brandon Rios, I had my money on Gamboa all the way. He was much too fast and talented for Rios to keep up with. Mikey has faced great opponents but no one wants any part of Russell Jr. After last night I can not blame them! That kid is going places. I wonder how many weight classes he will be able to move up. My guess is 135-140

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd favor Russell jr but it's not going to happen so hopefully he can get the De Leon-Mares winner

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 5 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 3 2013, 11:30 PM) *

Don't really think theres any Gamboa hype anymore tbh

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 6 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 5 2013, 07:47 AM) *
Don't really think theres any Gamboa hype anymore tbh

Yeah there is...from me! lol

HBO still like him, so he'll get another fight. I think they may try line him up against Russell Jr too...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 6 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I favor mikey. He's a scary young dude, power speed timing ring smarts, the kids pretty complete and he's shown it. Russell has been pampered so far, I heard rumors about his chin but who really knows until he faces someone of relevance. Idk what happened to this dude, he started up around the same time as broner and since then it seems like broner has left him in the dust. Obvious the boy has god given gifts tho

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:23 AM