IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Those numbers suck....maybe as he gets closer into the deal and Showtime/CBS figures out how to leverage this new found power they have that the numbers will pick up in the future

i don't know...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #92

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Those numbers suck....maybe as he gets closer into the deal and Showtime/CBS figures out how to leverage this new found power they have that the numbers will pick up in the future

Hmm...me thinks that Showtime will cut their losses after, let's saaaaay, his 3rd or 4th fight with them. You have to look at how much they're paying Floyd, along with all of those Golden Boy fighters who are managed by Haymon, who are used to making outrageous money for bum opponents.

HBO has a huuuge numbers of subscribers, unlike Showtime. If "Money Mayweather" isn't able to pull in more subscribers, then there's no way they're gonna be able to continue to pay him that much money for 5 more fights, especially if he's about to break the bank to fight the likes of an unknown Robert Guerrero.

Again, around his 3rd or 4th fight, I think Showtime salutes him, shakes his hand, and say "Great doing business with you" while thinking, "Now we need to find out how the fuck we're gonna recover all of this money that you drained us for". NOW, if he's able to get them more subscribers in the near future, then they're in luck.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #93

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 05:42 PM) *
The ratings for All-Access show #2 and they are very disappointing.

Mayweather-Guerrero All Access #2: 64,000 views
Mayweather-Guerrero All Access #1: 105,000 views

Mayweather-Cotto 24/7 #2: 493,000 views

Not good news for Showtime.

Where did these numbers come from? IF they came from Kevin Iole, then you're just as much of a fool as the other believers. doesn't Iole work for Top Rank?

Now, I'm not officially ruling you out as an idiot just yet, because I know for a fact that Showtime doesn't have many subscribers, and fighters' numbers of buyers and viewers drop tremendously because of this.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 20 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #94

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I don't think "All Access" views are indicative of the PPV buys. At this point in time, we can pretty much guarantee that any Floyd Mayweather fight will do at least 1 million PPV buys.

Now, add to that Sponsorship fees and you're looking at gross revenues of anywhere from $80 million to over $100 million (that's given 1 MM buys).

Much more people have HBO subscriptions than Showtime, so it's understandable that the viewership for preview shows would be higher.

As long as a set number of people buy the PPVs, I imagine everyone will be just fine.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 20 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 04:56 PM) *
PPV numbers will still be solid, but they obviously won't be what they were for the Cotto fight. HBO did a great job of marketing and promoting Floyd. Showtime just doesn't have the money or the juice to match that.

It's obviously not the money cause they just broke the bank with fmj. The juice is where your completely right. Hbo isn't only just more convenient, people know it as the better network (even if its not). Once it gets to ppv, yea it might drop a little, not just because of showtime but because of the pac glamour being gone as well, but I still expectmarquez/ortiz numbers. Solid non the less

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 20 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Hmm...me thinks that Showtime will cut their losses after, let's saaaaay, his 3rd or 4th fight with them. You have to look at how much they're paying Floyd, along with all of those Golden Boy fighters who are managed by Haymon, who are used to making outrageous money for bum opponents.

HBO has a huuuge numbers of subscribers, unlike Showtime. If "Money Mayweather" isn't able to pull in more subscribers, then there's no way they're gonna be able to continue to pay him that much money for 5 more fights, especially if he's about to break the bank to fight the likes of an unknown Robert Guerrero.

Again, around his 3rd or 4th fight, I think Showtime salutes him, shakes his hand, and say "Great doing business with you" while thinking, "Now we need to find out how the fuck we're gonna recover all of this money that you drained us for". NOW, if he's able to get them more subscribers in the near future, then they're in luck.

I agree, I think that 3rd and possibly 4th fight will be the key to see if he makes it thru this deal. This fight is just like both Showtime and Floyd getting their feet wet. And you made a key point about fighting unknowns like Guerrero, if he wants to keep that contract and if Showtime wants that money recouped and more subscribers, then he's going to have to take on challengers that pose a real threat to beating him

I too would like to know the source of those viewership numbers

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 20 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #97

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Regarding the viewing figures...this weeks figures are likely down due to the Canelo/Trout fight being hyped this week. Check next week those figures will be back up again.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 20 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #98

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I get the feeling that Guerrero might not make weight. Just a gut feeling. Not saying it will happen. I just have an itchy feeling.

And is it me or is Guerrero and his team saying all the shit everyone else says? "Floyd is going to run. Floyd is getting old and losing a step. Floyd is scared. Floyd don't like to fight rough. Floyd is all talk. Floyd is flashy. Floyd doesn't have class. Floyd like's to trash talk but I'm not gonna let that get to me. I'm not going to fall into his trap and let him intimidate me." Then they go to some secluded place to train. Talk about missing their family and play the humble guy who's going to take out the flashy big mouth.

In actuality, Floyd hasn't "ran" (casual boxing fan term for ring generalship) in quite some fights now. He's fought in the pocket for a minute. Also, guys go on and on about not falling into the trash talking trap and end up talking more than he does lol.

BTW, what do you guys think about Sr telling Jr to slow down with his training?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 20 2013, 11:46 PM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 21 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #99

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 20 2013, 11:44 PM) *
I get the feeling that Guerrero might not make weight. Just a gut feeling. Not saying it will happen. I just have an itchy feeling.

And is it me or is Guerrero and his team saying all the shit everyone else says? "Floyd is going to run. Floyd is getting old and losing a step. Floyd is scared. Floyd don't like to fight rough. Floyd is all talk. Floyd is flashy. Floyd doesn't have class. Floyd like's to trash talk but I'm not gonna let that get to me. I'm not going to fall into his trap and let him intimidate me." Then they go to some secluded place to train. Talk about missing their family and play the humble guy who's going to take out the flashy big mouth.

In actuality, Floyd hasn't "ran" (casual boxing fan term for ring generalship) in quite some fights now. He's fought in the pocket for a minute. Also, guys go on and on about not falling into the trash talking trap and end up talking more than he does lol.

BTW, what do you guys think about Sr telling Jr to slow down with his training?

i don't think he would overtrain himself. he's been doing this his whole life.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 21 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #100

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

You know undoubtedly this will be the talk for the next few weeks. it will get ramped up even more should Mayweather beat Guerrero. What will Mayweather's excuses be?? Alvarez doesnt fight for Arum---check! He is available---check!! he wants the fight---check!! He's a big draw---check!!

I think Alvarez size and youth would prevail should this fight come off. Thats why it aint gonna come off, but i'll wait and see what the excuses are...

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:28 AM