IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Provodnikov vs Alvarado-Preview and Poll!, Topiic Updated! Poll Added! Vote and Comment.
Provodnikov-Alverado Winner?
Who Wins This Potential War?
Provodnikov by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
Alverado by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Alverado by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alverado by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser In Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7

mrchitown
post Aug 21 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #81

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2013, 04:08 PM) *
i'm supposed to be the old cat up in here!!! stop using our old school terms youngan!!!

I just came from the shop and the old heads was spittin out stuff I ain't never heard before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 22 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #82

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

This should be a war. I see Alvarado being too big for Ruslan in the end. Going with Alvarado by UD.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 23 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #83

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 21 2013, 05:23 PM) *
I just came from the shop and the old heads was spittin out stuff I ain't never heard before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

jive turkey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 27 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #84

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 23 2013, 08:11 PM) *
jive turkey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

"Don't take my sweetness for weakness"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Those old heads are no joke!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 8 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #85

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is one of those impossible to call fights,

Reason being that either could go with the other's big shot or maybe not recover. It's all going to depend on who recovers better from receiving punches. I pick Alverado by 9th round TKO!

I am sold on Provodnikov's power, but little else. When Bradley didn't slug. he did very well and Ruslan didn't know what to do. When Bradley didn't box, forcing a brawl, he was within moments of being stopped.

I think if Mike follows the plan of some boxing and moving like he did in Rios II. He can win and make adjustments. Howver, his corner has to give him that advice and he has to follow it. Give Provodnikov things to think about. Movement, angles, and some speed. Mike will never be a great master boxer like Floyd, but if he remembers to avoid a war at any price and keeps that thought in mind. (Be Bradley boxing against Provodnikov, but DON'T be crazy and brawl with this big Russian.)

Mike could get him late out of frustration. Going with the TKO late also because I am an Alverado fan and I want him to have this moment to capture the interest of American fight fans. He's more marketable than Provodnikov as well because he's more identifiable. Mike could even fight the winner of Marquez-Bradley or Provodnikov could also fight the winner for that matter.

Provodnikov said the contract mandates that no Colorado officials be appointed, so the scoring should be fair, as well as the refereeing. I am happy for this and hope the WBO appoints quality judges for this fight. My concern was shared that a local Colorado ref would be appointed, and he would allow Mike to take too many shots before intervening for his own safety.

The doubts of the above prediction are realistic in the sense of will Mike not box and get caught up a war where Provodnikov could stop him? Very possible. They are both warriers to the end, and this comes down to recoverability, conditioning, and will Mike be able to do some boxing to frustrate Provodnikov from his game plan.

The venue and the ability for Mike to box a little better should he choose, plus Mike's hometown I think gives him that 55/45 ratio advantage. However, with the natural brawling insticts of either in the ring, that slight advantage may go away.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 8 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Mike makes this fight harder than it's supposed to be...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 9 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 8 2013, 08:39 PM) *
Mike makes this fight harder than it's supposed to be...

He does that every fight Lmao. Prescott, Rios 1, Rios 2... But a big advantage he has is prod gasses and they will be fighting in Denver (high altitude). If he can survive an early onslaught, he can get the stoppage or ud probably.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 9 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #88

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Mike should be fighting in China to begin with. Ruslan will probably win just because he is from Serbia. I do not think Mike has the punching power to get Ruslan out of there. I think TR has future plans for Ruslan than they do with Mike. If Mike loses than he has a match up against Pac for early next year. A Ruslan and Rios match up most likely will be on the undercard. if Pac looks great against Rios and then comes back with a better performance against Mike.... you know what Bob Arum will be shouting from the hill tops along with Manny Pac's fans. Great 09 all over again

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #89

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 9 2013, 03:21 AM) *
He does that every fight Lmao. Prescott, Rios 1, Rios 2... But a big advantage he has is prod gasses and they will be fighting in Denver (high altitude). If he can survive an early onslaught, he can get the stoppage or ud probably.

I heard that the altitude in Denver, aint to hoe! I saw both teams using the oxygen masks for the Eagles/Broncos game, maybe that's why the Eagles struggled the way they did. Oh who am I kidding...the Eagles are garbage any damn way. My bad, move on...nothing to see here.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 9 2013, 11:47 AM) *
Mike should be fighting in China to begin with. Ruslan will probably win just because he is from Serbia. I do not think Mike has the punching power to get Ruslan out of there. I think TR has future plans for Ruslan than they do with Mike. If Mike loses than he has a match up against Pac for early next year. A Ruslan and Rios match up most likely will be on the undercard. if Pac looks great against Rios and then comes back with a better performance against Mike.... you know what Bob Arum will be shouting from the hill tops along with Manny Pac's fans. Great 09 all over again

What did I tell you about letting your girl do that bondage shit on you??? Welcome back...now that you're physically able to post again.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 9 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #90

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2013, 12:19 PM) *
I heard that the altitude in Denver, aint to hoe! I saw both teams using the oxygen masks for the Eagles/Broncos game, maybe that's why the Eagles struggled the way they did. Oh who am I kidding...the Eagles are garbage any damn way. My bad, move on...nothing to see here.

What did I tell you about letting your girl do that bondage shit on you??? Welcome back...now that you're physically able to post again.

DEAD

ON BOTH POSTS!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:40 PM