> Comparing careers 1, Judah-Spinks, DLH-Mosley, Cotto-Vargas, Hamed-Hatton
zucrates
post Aug 27 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 27 2011, 07:53 AM) *
Meh, that win is in the same exact vein as Cotto's win over Clottey. I have to say that Cotto has had the better career between the two.

I agree with that(Cotto) Vargas just didn't seem to pan out idk if it was his outside of the ring problems or what but if he wouldn't have lost to Mayorga that killed him in my eyes.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Aug 27 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (zucrates @ Aug 27 2011, 01:34 PM) *
I agree with that(Cotto) Vargas just didn't seem to pan out idk if it was his outside of the ring problems or what but if he wouldn't have lost to Mayorga that killed him in my eyes.

Also
Judah Spinks should have cut his tribute dance in half he may have won those close fights and then I would have gave it to him but I am still pissed at Judah for the Khan fight (he cheated fans from a good fight )

DLH Mosley had to use something extra before he even got in there wit DLH so to me thats him admitting DLH is better

Hammed ALL DAY!

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Aug 27 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #13

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

DLH..

Spinks..

Cotto..

Prince Naseem..

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 27 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Judah-Spinks - I'm gonna have to give it to Judah for the fact that Judah fought more of the top opposition, went longer when they were both undefeated, and had a more impressive victory over Spinks than Spinks had over him.

De La Hoya-Mosley - I don't understand how anyone can give this to De La Hoya... DLH beat a arguably washed up Whitaker and a washed up JCC? Mosley beat Oscar twice and fought more of the top opposition. But then again if we're referring to overall Career, that would also include Weight Transitioning, Money, Titles fights and titles earned... In which DLH gains some more points, so it would made it closer in comparison... I will still give it Mosley, PED or not, he beat Oscar twice.

Cotto-Vargas - hands down to Cotto. Cotto went longer undefeated, beat and fought more quality fighters, made more weight transitions, had more title fights, earned more titles, and is still fighting.

Hamed-Hatton - I'm gonna have to go with Ricky Hatton. Both beat and lost to top competitors. But Hatton went longer undefeated, had more title fights, more money fights, and had a longer career. Hamed shouldn't of retired after losing his biggest fight. Hatton kept on fighting after losing his, even though it ended up retiring him.

This post has been edited by sduck: Aug 27 2011, 04:21 PM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 27 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 27 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Judah-Spinks - I'm gonna have to give it to Judah for the fact that Judah fought more of the top opposition, went longer when they were both undefeated, and had a more impressive victory over Spinks than Spinks had over him.

De La Hoya-Mosley - I don't understand how anyone can give this to De La Hoya... DLH beat a arguably washed up Whitaker and a washed up JCC? Mosley beat Oscar twice and fought more of the top opposition. But then again if we're referring to overall Career, that would also include Weight Transitioning, Money, Titles fights and titles earned... In which DLH gains some more points, so it would made it closer in comparison... I will still give it Mosley, PED or not, he beat Oscar twice.

Cotto-Vargas - hands down to Cotto. Cotto went longer undefeated, beat and fought more quality fighters, made more weight transitions, had more title fights, earned more titles, and is still fighting.

Hamed-Hatton - I'm gonna have to go with Ricky Hatton. Both beat and lost to top competitors. But Hatton went longer undefeated, had more title fights, more money fights, and had a longer career. Hamed shouldn't of retired after losing his biggest fight. Hatton kept on fighting after losing his, even though it ended up retiring him.

When comparing fighters, we shouldn't take money into account. It's what's done in the ring that counts.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 27 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (sduck @ Aug 28 2011, 09:19 AM) *

I can't argue anyone putting Cotto before Vargas, as I said it was a toss-up for me, but the bolded part I take a little issue with. I'm not sure anyone on Cotto's resume of fighters faced reads like Trinidad, Wright, De la Hoya and Quartey. All pretty much prime versions of themselves as well.

I don't know maybe I'm missing something here but I think that foursome is way better than anything Cotto faced which was a prime Pac and a slightly past his peak Molsey.

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 27 2011, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 29 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 27 2011, 12:48 PM) *
Winky IS a lot better than Clottey, but shit, man, Cotto easily had the better career of the two. He's fought the way tougher competition of the two, and never got caught cheating either.

I couldn't agree there as far as Cotto having fought tougher competition. But I do agree Winky is WAY better than Clottey.

Vargas fought DLH, Mosley, Mayorga, Tito, Quartey, Winky. Fukc me, that is way harder than Pac, Mosley, Margarito, Mayorga, Clottey, Zab etc.
It is hard to judge because Cotto did more in his career, more titles, more divisions, more wins. But he didn't fight as good competition.

DLH V Mosley, that is a tough one to split also. I think both men lost quite a large portion of their primes, DLH when he left Alcazar and became a fairy hitting, philly shell fighter as opposed to a hard hitting, stand-up boxer puncher. Mosley on the other hand became obsessed with his power and lost everything that made him successful as far as speed and punch output. Give me DLH by a whisker given I thought he beat Tito and Mosley in the rematch but I also thought Mosley edged Cotto.

Spinks and Judah both decent, although at least Spinks had a win over Mayorga, Judah wouldn't beat anyone similar to that. Spinks. Sduck did make me reconsider now after reading his post, Judah did beat Spinks in better fashion than he himself lost to Spinks. I just think that Spinks, despite not fighting as good competition, would have done bettter against that competition if he did face them, whilst Judah would have most definately beeen knocked out by Mayorga.

Hamed and Hatton Both dominated until they stepped up against all-time greats, but I would say a win over an old Tszyu is still better than anything Hamed ever did! Hatton.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Aug 29 2011, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 29 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 27 2011, 11:07 PM) *
I'm not sure anyone on Cotto's resume of fighters faced reads like Trinidad, Wright, De la Hoya and Quartey. All pretty much prime versions of themselves as well.

Agree Cottos resume isn't anything like Vargas, but Quartey was not prime, not even close.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 29 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #19

Guests

Vargas may have fought tougher competition, but I think when comparing careers, we should focus on the actual career of the fighter. I agree, Vargas may have fought tougher opposition, but came up short in more of them.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Aug 29 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #20

Guests

ATN, just bumped the football thread in general. You usually have good insight, hopefully some others like PR and Maxy come out of the woodwork as well, haha.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:45 AM