IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is the old guard?, What the fuck has happened?
STEVENSKI
post Aug 18 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #1

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Seriously what has happened with this MB. All the old guard seem to vanished? JD, CEO & plenty of others seem to have just vanished. Is it the influx of the borderline retarded folk on here who only talk about one subject & two fighters?

What has happened to this site?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 18 2011, 04:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 18 2011, 04:05 AM) *
Seriously what has happened with this MB. All the old guard seem to vanished? JD, CEO & plenty of others seem to have just vanished. Is it the influx of the borderline retarded folk on here who only talk about one subject & two fighters?

What has happened to this site?

Among other things.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 18 2011, 05:02 AM
Post #3

Chief Haterizer

Sad to see Meth. At least when we all had a difference of opinion we would be able to nut it out without "I am a boxing fan first but a fan of XXX second" & all the shit that seems to be spouted by some of the newer members.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Aug 18 2011, 05:24 AM
Post #4

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

The old guard is still around, just nothing real hot to talk about at the moment.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 05:29 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

I don't know if they've even old old guard but I would like to see Keith and Blaze around. Man, Blaze would've schooled some of these Floydiots with his knowledge.

At least Jonny's trainer still pops in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And where has Snoop been hiding lately?

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 18 2011, 05:30 AM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Aug 18 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #6

Chief Haterizer

I was thinking about Blaze the other day. I remember he was real sick with his eye or something & then he dropped off the planet. Hope he is alright. Keith was coming along nicely as well.

I am becoming more & more convinced by the day that this board is populated by some hard working trolls as one second they are drinking the Mayweather cool aid & talking absolute nonsense & the next they are having rational debates that give the game away in my eyes.

I mentioned to CEO a couple of months ago that I thought this board had been infiltrated by some pretty good trolls & I stand by it. I should know I have trolled a few sites in my time & some of these new cats are either have shit for brains or are playing the game nicely. If so I take my hat off to them.

Pity as this was once the premier league boxing discussion platform on the net & is now a shadow of what it once was. We may not have had 10,000 members but the regulars here certainly knew their boxing & how to have a laugh at the same time.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 18 2011, 06:06 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 18 2011, 06:59 AM) *
I was thinking about Blaze the other day. I remember he was real sick with his eye or something & then he dropped off the planet. Hope he is alright. Keith was coming along nicely as well.

I am becoming more & more convinced by the day that this board is populated by some hard working trolls as one second they are drinking the Mayweather cool aid & talking absolute nonsense & the next they are having rational debates that give the game away in my eyes.

I mentioned to CEO a couple of months ago that I thought this board had been infiltrated by some pretty good trolls & I stand by it. I should know I have trolled a few sites in my time & some of these new cats are either have shit for brains or are playing the game nicely. If so I take my hat off to them.

Pity as this was once the premier league boxing discussion platform on the net & is now a shadow of what it once was. We may not have had 10,000 members but the regulars here certainly knew their boxing & how to have a laugh at the same time.

I agree with the trolls theory. Don't know where they came from and it whether it is just a couple of dudes with different user names or a few of them. They all have very similiar sorts of names and very similiar writing styles so if I had to guess it would be just a few guys doing a job. And yeah I take my hat off to them too but it's like the joke has gone on a little too long and it is reducing the reputation and integrity of the boards. Maybe that has been their end-game all along.

Still this could all be fixed if the mods gave Torvix back his full status, high on power pellets and A-side meth I would bet my house that he would take down all these Floydiots singlehandedly.

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 18 2011, 06:07 AM

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Aug 18 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Far from being part of the old guard I am a relatively new poster here in relation to many of you guys.  I used to read the boards before I was a member and I was attracted to post here (albeit infrequently Ollie) because of the quality and lack of spamming.  Plus this site had rules which appeared to be adhered to.  I think there is still a sticky at the top of the page stressing no duplicate topics.

I have noticed a genuine decline in the quality of this board and feel it has become more like the other boards I don't even bother to read anymore.  Is it a forum raid?  Maybe.  The better posters here still keep the board alive but they are going round in circles making the same points in a different manner to the umpteen new guys who all have one agenda.

Well, you know what?  I don't blame the old time posters for
walking away.  I have had to frown at some of the stuff I have read of late including a nonchalant disregard by the sites admin for the guys who kept this board as the premier place to read boxing opinion when it wasn't infiltrated with a thousand douche bags.  It's almost as if Fighthype has decided to use the Floyd catchphrase for it's own purpose with a little twist on it....."If it makes traffic, it makes sense!"

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 18 2011, 07:50 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

I had noticed it started right after the after dark series and it got worse and worse. The boards were really slow at one point but now it has traffic but all the solid members are gone and no mods, sorry while he could ban me in a heartbeat, it's hard to count BigG as a mod! lol No offense!

From what I have seem multiple threads are fine these days cause it is said to bring traffic and if we don't like it, we don't need to post in it!!! I do think we have a troll problem in here though, not that it matters what I think! Truth be told, I think all message boards have taken a hit, it could be the economy it could be other things but no matter what, I
Think it was it covered by everyone above me and it was said very well!One thing that hasn't been covered though, this site is doing well on what it covers on the front page!
I do appreciate every ones hard work around here!

This post has been edited by caneman: Aug 18 2011, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 18 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im relatively new here, and I actually switched from boxingscene.com (of 18 months) to fighthype this summer. I started to question the credibility of the articles on the other site (bad spelling, bias articles, etc) along with the sources. Fighthype seems to have more order, and yes, I've noticed a decline in forum traffic myself. I think that everything revolving around boxing is taking a "Big Hit" because of the "Big Fight". It's caused the boxing world (and clueless fans) to choose sides and make a big fuss about it. That's where all of these newbies are coming from...believe me, boxingscene updates articles every few minutes on the strength of a simple quote from a fighter, so the debates and arguments got worse by the minute. It's still good to see Hype, Jack 1000, and other members with 10s of 1000s of posts active on the threads.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:18 PM