IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary), What did yawl Think?
neophyte7
post Apr 4 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='sduck' date='Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM' post='577125']

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up....

Well said... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 06:27 PM) *
I saw his daughter's mother in the doc and she seemed really cool. He was actually more warm towards her than he was with Ms. Jackson. I know that when he was going away to prison she didn't hug him or even say I love you. I don't know what his loyalty is towards her but is is there. I don't see affection in their relationship. That is a working relationship at best. I think Floyd is in love what the status of what she brings, shit I doubt if they even have sex. You finger if he flies to Atlanta to get some affection from some groupie chicks but not his own lady? I mean at least the groupie chick rubbed his head, It was just weird. I don't have BM drama, we have an understanding. We are parents first and the rest comes last. We have family days and all that BS but I know my son enjoys it so that is what counts,

I loved how they showed his kids. Like we don't get to say that. And the fact that they told him they loved him after the Drake concert was funny. Which made the jail sentence even worse because supposedly his son was the one who got Floyd off his mom and called 911. Go figure. I enjoyed the documentary I which he was a little more careful with his money. I am guessing he has a lot of men around him because of his daddy issues. He needs that validation from another dude since he has yet to get it from his dad. The dude works hard. before he went to jail he got a good work out. I don't see that dedication from a lot of boxers. Guerrero better tighten his game up. It was good seeing Hasim Rahman! I hope Gamboa gets back into the Mayweather gym, I do not think 50 is handling his career correctly. May 4th needs to hurry up and get here! And yes Cshels we are hugging but shit I am fan and I ain't ashamed of that.

He was straight up honest, what really hit home for me was the segments where he talked about jail. Like when he talked about wasting the money and he still had to cop to a plea deal. And when he said that jail is supposed to rehabilitate but all it does is make you more angry. It was a lot of truth in what he was saying

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 4 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #33

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Miss Jackson came off as a pure groupie willing to wait in line to get her inheritance as Money's future wifey, personally i believe that 50 smashed it but thus far he (Curtis) hasn't came out with that in any of his songs yet so it won't be confirmed until he does.

Jr was about as real as he can get in the entire documentary and I loved the stab he took at Hate Bruthas Only=HBO. Hopefully he will provide the kind of fireworks a network like SHO deserves and I know that the execs over there have already spoken extensively about the way he was treated at HBO and they won't make the mistake of duplicating that crap.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 5 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Some of yall sound like some real huggers though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Haha your just saying what some of us were thinking

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 5 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 07:19 PM) *
He was straight up honest, what really hit home for me was the segments where he talked about jail. Like when he talked about wasting the money and he still had to cop to a plea deal. And when he said that jail is supposed to rehabilitate but all it does is make you more angry. It was a lot of truth in what he was saying

In the words of Tupac and so many "Prison didn't make me better it just made me worse." HBO is building around its Hispanic and white audiences which is their decision but a dumb one, the sport is for everyone to enjoy. But their lost.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 5 2013, 05:54 AM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 02:12 PM) *
WTF are you talking about bruh lol. Because I have an opinion on the guy I have a problem. STFU! I say what I want and it's how I feel you support who you want to support and I'll do the same. Looking at the overall body of work, Common is head and shoulders above him. Com's an ATG, and that's not just from me but from fans and his peers

The internet got idiots like you screwed up in the head. When I was coming up if you didn't like something you just didn't like it now it's if you don't like this you a hater and you have a problem. If you like something you a nuthugger if you don't you a hater. Do you see the point in that backwards ass logic

I never said I didn't like him but it's an observation I have that he's not as great as people make him out to be. I got Drake singles like started from the bottom on my Ipod. Why the fuck would I do that if I didn't like his music. I take issue with hos overall product value and that's my right. Get out of your homotions cuz. If you have a problem with me and what I'm saying and expressing my opinion then that's your problem

You must have me confused with these young cats. I dont want to make it sound like im dissing Common or anything like that but in a way hes like Floyd. Hes closer to the end than he is the begining. I was a Jr in highschool when that "Booming in your jeep" single came out. While Drake is still in the prime of his career. In Hip Hop its not always about the illest lyrics. Whens the last time the illest rapper was the highest paid or consider at the top of the game? Probably never. Maybe LL at one point. Its more about marketing and stuff like that.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 5 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #37

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 06:11 AM) *
In the words of Tupac and so many "Prison didn't make me better it just made me worse." HBO is building around its Hispanic and white audiences which is their decision but a dumb one, the sport is for everyone to enjoy. But their lost.

Dont forget the Chinese. With Zou Shiming. Out of 1 billion people someone has to watch HBO haha

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Apr 5 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #38

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

i thought it was a well done documentary,for a independent source they sure did good as far a editing goes. typical floyd mayweather, even though he was going to jail he still finds a way to make a negative into a positive. filming himself leading up to jail, im pretty sure he sold the rights to this video to showtime or it was probably included into the deal they made.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 5 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 5 2013, 05:22 AM) *
Dont forget the Chinese. With Zou Shiming. Out of 1 billion people someone has to watch HBO haha

That is one fighter, how much can you depend on one fighter and if he gets smoked then what? Plus HBO are trying to build on guys that have a few years left. Like Floyd said, they are going to try to find another ho to pimp. He is right because right now they are looking bad. I mean the Bradley and Ruslan fight was not suppose to be that good and Rios and Mike always bring it, so luck was in the building for the first fight. Pacquiao has been quiet ever since being put to bed, Marquez has no idea when he will be getting in the ring again.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 5 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #40

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 01:10 PM) *
That is one fighter, how much can you depend on one fighter and if he gets smoked then what? Plus HBO are trying to build on guys that have a few years left. Like Floyd said, they are going to try to find another ho to pimp. He is right because right now they are looking bad. I mean the Bradley and Ruslan fight was not suppose to be that good and Rios and Mike always bring it, so luck was in the building for the first fight. Pacquiao has been quiet ever since being put to bed, Marquez has no idea when he will be getting in the ring again.

Asians love their heroes, he is old but if he can come out and pull some Rigondeaux gold medal stuff then i see him getting big quick. He just looks so small, idk best case scenario he has skills, some bruce lee type stuff. More questions will be answered after his first fight i guess. Gold medalist tend to rise quick. I know Bob arum has been talking a lot about his future to come.

I'm surprised Bradley didn't have brain damage after that fight, if he keeps fighting like that he is going down soon. I think Marquez said he wanted to fight bradley right? that could be interesting, would they try to make that PPV?.....I haven't even seen a picture of Pacquiao since he got knocked out, whats the word on him? Maybe after a tune-up he can fight winner of Bradley/marquez. I'm getting worried about the poor little fella.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:12 AM