IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary), What did yawl Think?
Franchize
post Apr 6 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #51

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Drake definitely started that beef. He took offense to Common's remarks about rappers being watered down and sounding like they are singing. The comment wasn't about Drake though. It was about guys who just sell out and make any ol' kind of music. Drake got all emotional, as he's been known to do, and tried to come at Common. Bad move. Common washed him on that track ( which actually was on a very dope album by Common).

And to say Drake never disses anyone is absolutely false. He tried to come at Jay-Z and Kanye about Watch the Throne. He claims him and Lil Wayne were supposed to make an album together and they stole his idea. Personally, even if this was true #1 Who are you to come at J. Why would he need to steal form your DeGrassi ass lol. #2 I'd much rather hear WTT than any bullshit him and Lil Wayne would have come up with. Lil Wayne is the most overrated rapper of all time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 6 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #52

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 6 2013, 10:51 AM) *
Drake definitely started that beef. He took offense to Common's remarks about rappers being watered down and sounding like they are singing. The comment wasn't about Drake though. It was about guys who just sell out and make any ol' kind of music. Drake got all emotional, as he's been known to do, and tried to come at Common. Bad move. Common washed him on that track ( which actually was on a very dope album by Common).

And to say Drake never disses anyone is absolutely false. He tried to come at Jay-Z and Kanye about Watch the Throne. He claims him and Lil Wayne were supposed to make an album together and they stole his idea. Personally, even if this was true #1 Who are you to come at J. Why would he need to steal form your DeGrassi ass lol. #2 I'd much rather hear WTT than any bullshit him and Lil Wayne would have come up with. Lil Wayne is the most overrated rapper of all time.

I like Drake on songs with Lil wayne because you can always see how much better Drake is.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 6 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #53

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 10:55 AM) *
I like Drake on songs with Lil wayne because you can always see how much better Drake is.

That's pretty much anybody on a track with Lil Wayne. Nicki Minaj is better than him at this point...and I can't stand her.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 6 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #54

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 08:57 AM) *
I often chuckle at the assumption of what's bolded above. Jealousy and gossiping, allegedly, are things that female do, however, history has shown us it's very much a "man thing", too. I mean, if you believe in the Bible, THE first act (or at a minimum, the most famous) of jealousy happened b/t two men, brothers to boot (Cain & Abel). I bet all on this board has been "dirty mack'd", "crossed" and "backstabbed" by some dude, at some point in your life, over some of the most menial of objectives.

Don't get me started about gossiping....as Snoop once said, "Some of these n****s are bitches, too."

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

You are correct. Jealousy is a male trait. The bible says we serve a jealous God.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 6 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #55

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 5 2013, 04:28 PM) *
For the whole time leading up to his sentencing, I thought his case was a ploy by the powers that be in Vegas to force Floyd's hand into signing a Pac deal. Reason being that Vegas was hit hard during the downturn. Pac had been fighting away from Vegas a few times and a fight and rematch would generate a lot of revenue. You never see state and local governments go after locals who generate huge local economic impact. The Busch family here in St. Louis literally get away with murder. I know they are old money and white, but still. Whether the incident was trumped up or not, people with money and power dont go to jail over charges like this. Do I think that is fair and equitable, no. Do I think that is the way America works? Yes.

Still kinda puzzling.

What did I just read?

Floyd beat up the mother of his children in front of them. Floyd is a POS as a man and as a father. It's that simple. Stop reading more into it.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 6 2013, 03:33 AM) *
I have never heard drake diss anyone. When he goes in its at haters in general, idk what makes common think he's so special that he thinks drake is talking to him. If anything if I were common I would gave taken that line from jay more personal than anything else on the original "diamonds are forever" off blueprint 2 I think. But hw stayed quiet back then (jay didn't have a buzz going like these young money goons anyway only real followers paid attention to his lyrics back then) But like you said to each his own

Drake done shot many subliminals. It's hip hop though so that comeptitve nature will always be there but his track record is looking weak out here lol. subliminal to Pusha T, Pusha responded and he fell back. He went at com, and Com came back, Drake sent another shot, then Com came back with the Canada dry line and Drake himself admitted that after that he went to Common at an awards show and told him he wanted to squash it. He won't let up on Chris Brown though, that's a problem for life lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 08:57 AM) *
I often chuckle at the assumption of what's bolded above. Jealousy and gossiping, allegedly, are things that female do, however, history has shown us it's very much a "man thing", too. I mean, if you believe in the Bible, THE first act (or at a minimum, the most famous) of jealousy happened b/t two men, brothers to boot (Cain & Abel). I bet all on this board has been "dirty mack'd", "crossed" and "backstabbed" by some dude, at some point in your life, over some of the most menial of objectives.

Don't get me started about gossiping....as Snoop once said, "Some of these n****s are bitches, too."

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Oh no doubt, men be out here talking and gossiping too. We all been to the barbershop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 6 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 6 2013, 07:56 AM) *
Never been a Drake fan. I call his type of music Pop Rap. It really is for a middle school/high school audience. Common is a very skillful artist. His flow may not be the most rhythmic but his words make up for that. Drake on the other hand has a nice delivery but his words are very plain and dense. He does do well with similes and metaphors and he paints descriptive images but at the same time, songs like I'm On One and Best I Ever Had and plenty of others are very catchy but if you really listen to his lyrics it is some 4th grade stuff. I appreciate the curve ball he threw in the game, by rapping and singing but guess what... Bone Thugz did it way better they just could not get off that thug music shit. But Bone THUGSZ was really the first group that combined rap and singing but the way they did it was genius, Drake definitely came from that line. The Midwest has always been grimy, J Dilla to Slum Village, Royce 5'9 and Talib and the rest of them. Drake in my opinion is great for the club, workout and car. But as far as going home and listening to him, it does not transfer. Does he have talent of course, but do I think its carries into greatness? No. His words have to go a little deeper, the reason why Tupac will always be remembered is because of his content. Brenda Got a Baby, Wonder Why They Call You Bitch, Hit Em Up, Hail Mary, If I Die Tonite, War Stories, Keep Ya Head Up, White Man's World, Me and My Girlfriend (Bonnie and Clyde 96), and my personal favorite Temptations. All those songs are so different from each other but at the same time explains the complexity of the artist which it even more fascinating. After talking about representing your city, screwing ho's, popping bottles, and making money, what else does Drake have to offer or any other "rap" artist that is out now? Shit Rick Ross talks about giving chicks Mollies and rapping them..WTF! I do not have much respect for artist now but hell The Price of the Ticket right?

Back to Mayweather, I am glad he did the documentary, it really helped explain a lot of things about his personality. I do think he has way too many leeches around him including Ms. Jackson.

Bone is one of the Illest groups ever!

And getting back to the documentary, I personally liked it because it gave a different perspective not only on Floyd but on the jail stint and how he approaches everyday life. Whether the fans love you or hate you, they want to feel like they're involved in your personal life and this was a good look for him

With that said, I see some shade being thrown his way by some writers and some fans over the documentary. They're saying he has a dry personality and is boring outside of the ring. Any thoughts on that guys?

I seen these remarks on twitter and on other message forums. And the most critical writer of the doc was Steve Kim of max boxing

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 6 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #59

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 05:21 PM) *

And getting back to the documentary, I personally liked it because it gave a different perspective not only on Floyd but on the jail stint and how he approaches everyday life. Whether the fans love you or hate you, they want to feel like they're involved in your personal life and this was a good look for him

With that said, I see some shade being thrown his way by some writers and some fans over the documentary. They're saying he has a dry personality and is boring outside of the ring. Any thoughts on that guys?

I seen these remarks on twitter and on other message forums. And the most critical writer of the doc was Steve Kim of max boxing

hopefully these aren't the same people who think Broner has an interesting personality

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 6 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 02:21 PM) *

What would they like his life to be like? I mean from what I have seen his life is a non stop party. I just think people love to hate and who the hell is Steve Kim? They must be interested in his life if they stopped their life for an hour to see what Floyd is doing. So who really has the boring life?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:59 PM