IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> arum on gamboa vs garcia, hbo the hold up?
bnoles4life
post Feb 10 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Yall chill out...you know Arum's "letting this one marinate" too. LOL

Yep, that worked well for Gamboa/JuanMa, too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 10 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 10 2014, 12:17 PM) *
after seeing hbo chop down rigo for his "unappealing" style, i could see them doing the same to mikey especially after his "lackluster" performance against burgos. not enough of a push from the majority of fans to see these two. the masses would rather watch a ggg KO artist against no namers, and i'm pretty sure hbo is regretting not airing gennady's last fight given the amount of attention it got.

Very possible,

However, do you think HBO would shit on Garcia quite that fast? They still see him as a money maker. Garcia-Gamboa will be a good to great fight!

Jack

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 10 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 10 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Very possible,

However, do you think HBO would shit on Garcia quite that fast? They still see him as a money maker. Garcia-Gamboa will be a good to great fight!

Jack

i think it's been mentioned already, but it does seem like these networks really do pay attention to what the fans are saying so long as they have the majority behind their message and it'd have an impact on the network's cash flow. for a solid week after garcia fought burgos, the consensus on social media outlets was that mikey looked "awful" and the fight was a snoozer. ironically, a lot of this has to do with the piss poor telecast from lampley and kellerman. its almost like a vicious cycle with the negative aspects always getting the attention. unfortunately, the fans who actually appreciate the sport and still thought mikey put on a spectacular performance are in the minority, and even if we do speak our opinions, chances are we'll get drowned out by the overwhelming majority who expected more.

whether mikey's last fight is affecting hbo's decision to go forward with a garcia-gamboa fight who knows...just a theory on my part. i agree though it's way too good of a fight to pass up.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 10 2014, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 10 2014, 04:54 PM) *
Yep, that worked well for Gamboa/JuanMa, too.

It worked wonders! Lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:11 AM