IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you were Floyd..., How would you feel after reading Tommy Summer's letter?
MaxPayne
post Oct 12 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Such a strange, strange situation.

Most of us on this board always looked at the Floyd - 50 Cent love affair with a different set of eyes.

I don't care how deep a "friendship" is between 2 guys. Best friends turn into the worst of enemies and nothing kills a friendship like bitches or money.

I'm glad that Floyd at least appears to be standing by Al Haymon. Yes, there is ALWAYS more money to be made, but the smartest people are those who understand that cutting off the golden goose's head isn't the best way to get rich.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Oct 12 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

As i know, floyd doesnt have any endorsements, i Know this because my cousin always brings it up when we would argue about mayweather/pacquiao. If he doesnt then he is definitely slacking in that regard. As the most famous boxer now, he should be pushing merchandise, he coulda had a shoe brand or something by now lol.

Besides that, that letter was alil crazy. if this is real, he has the potential to make 100 $ a fight and they want him to fight for the next few years, so he can possibly make 1 billion$ before he retires?..Money is definitely talking, but is it true that haymon and goldenboy been pocketing some of his money?.. If the letter is true, I understand why floyd was looking hurt when i seen his interview. all this ish is going on but he never talks about it, thats his problem , atleast if he didnt hide anything the truth would set him free. But i would definitely run my own shit, he's a grown ass man, whoops people's ass around the world for $$, shoulda been looking after his own $$ along time ago. I would give it a few more fights for 100 mill each and then Cashout.

Pacquiao, bradley, Khan, The ghost, cotto-2, Alvarez....600 mill minimum?

If this means i get to see floyd fight more than once a year then i'm all for it.

very interesting..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

a fool and his money are soon parted...

apparently, floyd is no fool. but he should not have gone public with this letter. some things are better left unsaid. here's the thing...floyd was getting a small fraction of what he was worth when he was with toprank and james prince. al is the one who helped him get out of that situation which is why bob arum doesn't like him. floyd went from making a small percentage to making a much bigger percentage. that comes at a cost though. the same with the delahoya fight. i said a long time ago...when that fight was signed...from then on out...floyd would NOT make money without gbp getting paid too. it's how the business works. and if anyone thinks al haymon is helping floyd for nothing...don't be fooled. he's a harvard educated business man. he's not making moves unless it benefits him. floyd is doing the right thing by being loyal. yes, he can make more money by branching out on his own...he's that big now....but he will have to take on more risks. these are risks that fighters should not concern themselves with when they have more important things to focus on like not getting knocked the fuck out. al haymon has served him well. i'm sure he can always go back to the negotiating table to get a bigger cut of the money. if he feels he isn't getting what he deserves...then he should do so. as for al and gbp getting paid off of floyd... i view it as the price of doing business. he is the highest paid dude in all of sports. he should make his next moves his best moves and set himself up proper.

as for endorsements...floyd doesn't have any and he can thank himself for that. between his "slave wages" comment and his well publicized domestic disputes...he's done nothing to make himself attractive to any companies that would sponsor him. he seems to relish his role as the bad guy....what product would have him as its' sponsor?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 12 2012, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 12 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Oct 12 2012, 07:30 AM) *
floyd did the right thing, me personally i wouldn't do business with 50 cent at all. the way he treated young buck and his g-unit crew shows you what hes all about. also that letter was terrible. how can a nigga take you serious with handwriting like that, it like he wrote that shit while he was on a deserted island smh

Friends and business never really work out for eachs best interest, especially when both are at the top in their own lane.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 12 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm pretty sure Floyd is sponsored by grant, Reebok, and I remember him talking about some energy drink he was promoting like rockstar or redbull... I'm doubt he still does the energy drink since I've heard about it but as long as Floyd has been fighting he always wears Reebok and hes always promoting grant. He should def have more endorsements tho

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 12 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Oct 12 2012, 11:50 AM) *
I don't care how deep a "friendship" is between 2 guys. Best friends turn into the worst of enemies and nothing kills a friendship like bitches or money.

yup!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 12 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #17

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Still waiting for Floyd and his take on things. Fighthype should consider catching up with him...*wink*

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 12 2012, 03:02 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Floyd is sponsored by grant, Reebok, and I remember him talking about some energy drink he was promoting like rockstar or redbull... I'm doubt he still does the energy drink since I've heard about it but as long as Floyd has been fighting he always wears Reebok and hes always promoting grant. He should def have more endorsements tho

i thought he had hp or some lap top producing company at one point. i remember the commercial with him and michael buffer. reebok was on board too...but i'm not sure if that's still on. more than likely...his contract with grant...which really isn't a big company...probably doesn't pay much.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 12 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I forgot about that HP thing... But the energy drink was rockstar, I remember him talking about it leading up to the Ricky hatton fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 12 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Why are there 2 pages with #2 on them? This dude doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to spelling and grammar, so I was almost willing to dismiss the fact that there were two pages with #2 on them. For some reason, I just cant get past that part, something seems fishy about it....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:27 PM