> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 13 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Broners last fight had 1.4 mil views on HBO. Thats what im basing his popularity on. Wards not doing numbers like that. HBOs fast tracking Broner to PPV.

one good showing doesn't make him more popular. like i said...ward has been around for quite some time and has headlined his own shows way more times than broner. broner is still new to the game. he may pass ward in popularity....doesn't make him any better a fighter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 13 2013, 10:49 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wards-man...yweather--63331

Check out Ward's piece of shit manager(J- Prince) rebuttal to Floyd. He took a lot of shots at Floyd

pun intended? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 14 2013, 04:19 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (dre98 @ Mar 14 2013, 12:25 AM) *
I guess boxing is starting to turn into WWE or at least Hip Hop. Pure comedy to me.

seriously. this all sounds like that bullshit ass east coast/west coast beef and it's being fed unnecessarily. not even worth covering to be honest...but it's feeding this thread and many others. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 14 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Mayweather sounds like a delusional little man. Selling out arena's worldwide?!!? When has he fought outside the US?

The guy is asked a question about Andre Ward backing Guererro in the fight and Mayweather turns it into a how much is Andre Ward making question. It aint his business how much Andre Ward or any other man makes.

The whole bit about Ali... I dont think Ali would trade in any of it. He was a man with bravado and made the choices to fight who he fought. He paid a price, but I dont think he changes a damn thing. Mayweather will be fine after his career is over, but he did throw a subtle hint that he's avoided certain guys with his comment about the press or the fans picking who he should fight. Interestingly subtle...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) pretty much what i was thinking. they comp a lot of the tickets to his fights...but those ppv numbers don't lie.

you're right....what ward makes has absolutely nothing to do anything. it's the whole ego thing speaking on floyds part. he's a great boxer. no one ever said he has great character. that's usually the case with many ppl who are great at things...other areas of their lives leave a lot to be desired.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 14 2013, 12:58 AM) *
And also the bit about going down as the smartest fighter in history.... Nobody gives a shit about a smart fighter or how smart a fighter was. Just like nobody gives a shit about an undefeated nuclear physicist. I dont give a shit how much these guys make. i just want my brand of entertainment. I understand the whole bit about securing ones family, but its the job these guys chose to do. So as a fan, I want the best bang for my buck. If you can still make money without fighting the best guys, continue to do so. I know I wont pay for BS fights. I got a family to secure too.

i've been saying this for ages. i get that they need to make money....but i don't give a shit about any of that. i wanna see good fights.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 03:29 AM) *
I read J Prince's response and while I love Rap A Lot and what he accomplished as a record exec, he has no place in boxing. He's an extortion artist. Got caught up in a lawsuit with Dawson, Winky left him for some shady shit, Shane stopped messing around with him and that shit he pulled with Floyd is legendary. A ot of the boxers he managed have left him. In his case against Dawson, no one could give a definitive answer on what it is he does for the fighters

He is always made a point to jump into some stuff when Floyd or even 50 is involved. He got involved in a beef against 50 that wasn't his problem, he just wanted to be Suge's play pal and get at 50 because he was signed to Dre. We all know why he goes at Floyd so hard. He stole the guys money and then when Floyd wants out he sends goons at the gym to send a message. I love Andre Ward but like Biggie told 2pac, watch the company you keep

The real ether is how none of the fighters he's EVER managed have been ticket sellers or made big money. None of them put asses in seats. Most of them got decent paydays, Ward is a million dollar fighter, but in his reccent interviews you can tell he's ready for more. I'm sure it makes his blood boil to see those fighters have success without his hands in their pocket. I think his alleged management services in regards to boxing will eventually end just like his record label success

say what u will...but i read nothing but respect coming from floyds team in response to what essentially was more shit talk coming from j prince. all of this wouldn't be an issue now if floyd didn't start poppin off at the mouth. that shit talking flies in some places....but among men, it gets no play.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 14 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #67

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

looks like Floyd accomplished his objective... look at all the hoopla over his comments towards Ward... just adds to his upcoming event- Great Marketing LOL

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #68

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 14 2013, 07:26 AM) *
WOW. This has gotten this board charged, huh? My two cents:

This is unnecessary, on Floyd's part. In my novice psychologist's POV, Floyd expected some allegiance from Ward and seemed a little disrespected/betrayed by Ward's words. I commented on the article at the time and said, "No where in this article does Andre Ward say Guerrero WILL win...." I think that's the part Floyd omitted when he processed what he read/heard (big emphasis on HEARD).

As far as the interview goes, I believe that was something that could've been/should've been "side stepped". There are a few things, IMO, of which you steer clear and one of them is a person's faith. You can't rationalize someone else's "faith" and to question it, especially when the person hasn't done anything REMOTELY hypocritical, well isn't the wisest of things. Now, someone mentioned he, Floyd, wants to win "hearts and minds, but he doesn't know how...". Well, someone needs to hire him a publicist, b/c this isn't the way to go about it. Think about it: This country is largely ran on Judeau-Christian values and he mocks a guy who uses "S.O.G." as his calling card? While no one is beyond reproach, I have to say, this is a road he shouldn't want to go down. You wanna know how powerful that religion thing is in sports? Manny potentially has fathered a child out of wedlock, has/had a gambling problem and allegedly reneged on a significant debt. All of that, has pretty much been wiped out the moment he "got back right w/ God" (well, that and the media kinda looked the other way.....EVERY TIME)....and dude STILL has a Hennessy commercial in heavy rotation!!!!!

Lastly, Floyd spit that Ward is unpopular, well, as soon as the mainstream media gets wind of this, that's no longer going to be true. If Ward's camp does it right, they could eat this up. I mean, Floyd is like the E.F. Hutton in boxing, when he speaks, everyone rallies around and supports the target(s) of his words. I can see it now, "Mayweather mocks fighter for choosing faith over money." <<<<< No matter how out of context it will be, people will slurp that up.

In short, if it's true Floyd wants to win over people, it's time for Floyd to hire a publicist and save him from himself.

excellent points. he's beyond the point of no return. he chose the villain role and we all saw how that worked out for mike tyson. floyd keeps giving ppl, the media in particular, much to work with. i've said it in the past...he can benefit from a good p.r. person...but i don't believe there's any understanding on his team of what good p.r. can do. they have said it time and time again...they have it figured out. ok.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #69

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 14 2013, 12:23 PM) *
This shit has gotten out of hand. These dudes are way far better than this. Jealousy and envy is a female trait. These men both represented their country in the Olympics (Floyd got robbed) and they are both amazing boxers. What Floyd said was true but not needed to be said in public at the same time Andre has said many sly shit about Floyd and that was uncalled for. Prince and Ellerbee needs to stay out of it. Prince is a freaking gangster so he needs to calm down, Sadly this just sold more tickets in a negative way and Andre Ward is finally getting exposure. These dudes are better this and I hope they can call each other up and just squash it and keep moving. Both men spoke out of pocket. Both men need to put this shit down and move on.

did ward speak out of pocket? i must have missed that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 14 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #70

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 01:11 PM) *
THIS IS WHAT BOXING IS ALL ABOUT-- SHIT TALKING AND CONTROVERSY... ALL WHO FEEL OFFENDED AND OUTRAGED TAKE OFF THE THONGS AND TAMPONS!!!

i don't think anyone is offended. but while everyone is sitting back wondering why boxing isn't mainstream....and why they don't attract big time sponsors and all that...consider this.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 05:52 AM