IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TROUT vs MAYWEATHER, WHO WINS AND HOW??
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Well i know this may be a little premature but how do you see this fight and the outcome?? Here's my take: Floyd has begun to be a less mobile fighter and is getting hit more often as a result. We know Floyd has trouble with SPs and he's never faced a tall, rangy, SP with decent speed and a great chin, snappy jab, crafty long right hook that comes fast and around the high guard and is naturally the bigger man.

With that said, i see this being a difficult task for Floyd, he'd have to find a way to take away the jab so he could make him a one-handed fighter (something Miguel failed to do) and we all saw how May got knocked down by the shorter Zab's right hook.

I honestly believe Austin is capable of winning this fight if he uses his height, jab and right hook, May is a slow starter and if Austin can put rounds in the bank early and force Money to fight out of desperation thus creating opportunities for May to forget about and walk into his right hook as he rushes in trying to make something happen.

I can see AT pulling it off by a split or majority decision.

Your thoughts???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 2 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Well i know this may be a little premature but how do you see this fight and the outcome?? Here's my take: Floyd has begun to be a less mobile fighter and is getting hit more often as a result. We know Floyd has trouble with SPs and he's never faced a tall, rangy, SP with decent speed and a great chin, snappy jab, crafty long right hook that comes fast and around the high guard and is naturally the bigger man.

With that said, i see this being a difficult task for Floyd, he'd have to find a way to take away the jab so he could make him a one-handed fighter (something Miguel failed to do) and we all saw how May got knocked down by the shorter Zab's right hook.

I honestly believe Austin is capable of winning this fight if he uses his height, jab and right hook, May is a slow starter and if Austin can put rounds in the bank early and force Money to fight out of desperation thus creating opportunities for May to forget about and walk into his right hook as he rushes in trying to make something happen.

Your thoughts???

It would be tough for Floyd at this age and with the layoffs. Trout could win a decision close like that, but as Mayweather is the money maker, if it's close, Floyd would get the nod. Trout may have trouble getting close decisions against big star fighters.

Jack

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 2 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 2 2012, 02:54 PM) *
It would be tough for Floyd at this age and with the layoffs. Trout could win a decision close like that, but as Mayweather is the money maker, if it's close, Floyd would get the nod. Trout may have trouble getting close decisions against big star fighters.

Jack

That fight would never happen because they are both with Al Haymon. Notice Trout did not once mention Floyds name. He said he wants Canelo then Bundrage to unify. But if they were to go at it id favor Trout. Trout is too big, too tall, too hungry, active, and he can brawl just as much as he can box. Mayweather isnt even a full fledged 154 pounder. He weighed in 147 against Cotto. Mayweather would never take that fight. And if if he does thats a dumb decision at this point of his career. He has nothing to prove against Trout. He just needs to gun for Canelo/Pacquiao and call it quits. Mayweather should've faced Trout in the challenge he recieved from Paul Williams. Maybe then we wouldnt be having this discussion because wed be able to draw a conclusion.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Dec 2 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Trout is too big..plain and simple

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 2 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Trout is too big for Floyd.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 2 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Another Mayweather thread.... =/

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Dec 2 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Trout should fight Canelo..should make for a good fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 2 2012, 03:04 PM) *
Mayweather isnt even a full fledged 154 pounder. He weighed in 147 against Cotto.

Please show me the unofficial weights for the Cotto fight as well as the Oscar fight, because as far as I know, there were NO unofficial weights for either of those fights.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 2 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I don't think Mayweather would take this fight for the reasons mentioned by Marcus.

But if it did happen I think it'd be close but Trout would win that fight. I'm not even considering politics or what the judges may or may not do. Im just saying Trout would win the fight. Trout is too big and too smart.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Dec 2 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 02:30 PM) *

Your thoughts???
Floyd has too much discipline to even allow that to happen.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Dec 2 2012, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:22 AM