IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #81

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

With that said, where does Khan go from here? He's a big 140 pounder, and hopefully his body agrees to stay there a little while. I believe he's somewhat killing himself to make the weight.

So, he lost to Peterson and was supposed to avenge it, but the failed drug test killed that fight. Now he just got stopped by Garcia...so that's two losses that he needs to avenge, and it's a possibility that his body doesn't agree with 140 lbs anymore. It's bad because as MG said, there are some bangers at 147.

Strike me if Im reaching here, but I believe, and this is just me, but I believe that Khan should take another somewhat easy fight at 140, then go after Matthysse. Yeah the thought of it is crazy, but really, he did when he called out Maidana. He took that fight to answer questions about his chin. So, Matthysse has good boxing skills (not on Peterson's ring IQ level, but good enough) and he has the power that Garcia has to knock Khan out.

With that said, if Khan could get in there with Matthysse and dominate him, then that would be a BIG statement, since Garcia or Peterson hasn't fought him. These two losses wont be forgotten, but it would give Khan some "resolve" points.

Anyhow, is it me, or is Khan's fighting style give you the idea that he's in survival mode every time he fights? It looks weird, but he pitty pat punches and circles guys, but it looks like he's making it painfully obvious that he doesn't want to get hit (Prescott nightmares).

He needs to learn how to clinch, he hardly did that for shit last night. That arrogance and that "is that all you got?" attitude got his ass in trouble. Again, he was proving something that he DIDN'T have to prove. Clinch until you clear your head, boxing 101.

Garcia is a game fighter, I hope they take it easy with him though. He denied Roach's assessment of him being a slow starter, but truthfully he is, we all know and see that. He needs to move his a bit more too, he got hit with a few punches that he didn't have to get hit with. With a beak his size, he needs to move his a bit more, or that shit will always get broken in fights.

Anyhow, this dude is dangerous as shit during exchanges. If you can mount an effective offense and maintain it, then you can beat him. Great fight for him, but let's wait until the drug tests results come back...we've been through this before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If he isn't fuckin' with those PEDs or that plaster, then I'll ink him in my book of rankings, no problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #82

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 10:02 AM) *
With that said, where does Khan go from here? He's a big 140 pounder, and hopefully his body agrees to stay there a little while. I believe he's somewhat killing himself to make the weight.

So, he lost to Peterson and was supposed to avenge it, but the failed drug test killed that fight. Now he just got stopped by Garcia...so that's two losses that he needs to avenge, and it's a possibility that his body doesn't agree with 140 lbs anymore. It's bad because as MG said, there are some bangers at 147.

Strike me if Im reaching here, but I believe, and this is just me, but I believe that Khan should take another somewhat easy fight at 140, then go after Matthysse. Yeah the thought of it is crazy, but really, he did when he called out Maidana. He took that fight to answer questions about his chin. So, Matthysse has good boxing skills (not on Peterson's ring IQ level, but good enough) and he has the power that Garcia has to knock Khan out.

With that said, if Khan could get in there with Matthysse and dominate him, then that would be a BIG statement, since Garcia or Peterson hasn't fought him. These two losses wont be forgotten, but it would give Khan some "resolve" points.

Anyhow, is it me, or is Khan's fighting style give you the idea that he's in survival mode every time he fights? It looks weird, but he pitty pat punches and circles guys, but it looks like he's making it painfully obvious that he doesn't want to get hit (Prescott nightmares).

He needs to learn how to clinch, he hardly did that for shit last night. That arrogance and that "is that all you got?" attitude got his ass in trouble. Again, he was proving something that he DIDN'T have to prove. Clinch until you clear your head, boxing 101.

Garcia is a game fighter, I hope they take it easy with him though. He denied Roach's assessment of him being a slow starter, but truthfully he is, we all know and see that. He needs to move his a bit more too, he got hit with a few punches that he didn't have to get hit with. With a beak his size, he needs to move his a bit more, or that shit will always get broken in fights.

Anyhow, this dude is dangerous as shit during exchanges. If you can mount an effective offense and maintain it, then you can beat him. Great fight for him, but let's wait until the drug tests results come back...we've been through this before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If he isn't fuckin' with those PEDs or that plaster, then I'll ink him in my book of rankings, no problem.

Agree to pretty much everything...BUT the Matthysse part. There are easier way to get "resolve" points, real or smoke screen....and believe me, Matthysse, IMO, isn't it. LOL.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 15 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #83

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 11:02 AM) *

Amir Khan fights like and amature... this is what I see from my perspective:

He throws a high volume of punches basically walking forward and often comming off his own feet
His defense is limited and as you mentioned he has no sense of when to clinch
His biggest sin of all is his trainer. Who seems to think he has the speed and ability Pac..

To the contrary, Khan is a tough cookie with really good hand speed. But it seems he should stick to his script and leave the tough exchanges alone.

Garcia has prove to be a solid force. He has a strong team behind him and is exceptional. I was perhaps most impressed with his chin and heart. He looked a bit broke by the end of 2nd, and I was surprised he was still swinging with conviction in that round he 'found' the knockout.

Id love to see him in there with Peterson or perhaps Marquez...

This is what the sport is all about. Two times now HBO has overlooked opponents they had for their fighter for thier UK audience. And thats two times the upset.....looks like Hatton is gonna have to make his comeback afterall.. lol

Danny Garcia is a solid fighter, who can be hit.... He has just launched himself to be the infamous "man to beat".. good luck guy..

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jul 15 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #84

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (alaganza @ Jul 15 2012, 01:09 AM) *
Though khan has some flaws I believe most of his problems are tactical.
Even though he has quick hands he rarely changes speeds which makes him easier to time.
Defense is no that great due to lack of head movement and footwork not good enough to keep him out of trouble.
And I do think there is a such thing as too many combinations. He's gotta mix it up more.

As far as his chin, for me, the jury is still out for a couple of reasons.
When Khan has been shaken up pretty good it has been against guys with good to great power.
And I also think khan is fighting too light. Cotto was similar in regards to that point. When Cotto moved up in weight ge looked a lot more stable at a more comfortable weight. We all know khan is huge at this weight and is probably killing himself just to make weight.

Danny'sfather is an idiot. I don't mean that it a bad way...he is just not a smart man. Why would anyone care what a dummy has to say? He isn't important. I doubt Khan cares at all about papa Garcia 's comments.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 15 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

While all this is true I just saw the last knock down and think that's it,I didn't think the fight should of been stopped

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #86

Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 11:47 AM) *
While all this is true I just saw the last knock down and think that's it,I didn't think the fight should of been stopped

+1, MG. I just watched it and considering how he was (believe it or not) effectively countering Danny, he should've been allowed to continue. I know I'll be called crazy and no way can one make predictions, but I think had this been allowed to continue, Khan would've recovered and made a "muck" of what was to be a clear victory for Garcia.

S/N: I don't like Khan

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 15 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #87

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2012, 12:12 PM) *
+1, MG. I just watched it and considering how he was (believe it or not) effectively countering Danny, he should've been allowed to continue. I know I'll be called crazy and no way can one make predictions, but I think had this been allowed to continue, Khan would've recovered and made a "muck" of what was to be a clear victory for Garcia.

S/N: I don't like Khan

I also noticed this and that's why I stated that Garcia should move on and Not excercise a rematch here. Everything worked for Garcia and I wouldnt press my luck. Dont get me wrong I really like this kid and I'm really looking forword to his next fight. The Kid is on top of the divison right now and should take the biggest Money fight available. Even if it means moving to 147 which I believe he could.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jul 15 2012, 12:15 PM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #88

Welterweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 15 2012, 12:15 PM) *
I also noticed this and that's why I stated that Garcia should move on and Not excercise a rematch here. Everything worked for Garcia and I wouldnt press my luck. Dont get me wrong I really like this kid and I'm really looking forword to his next fight. The Kid is on top of the divison right now and should take the biggest Money fight available. Even if it means moving to 147 which I believe he could.

Good point. A rematch would be interesting.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 15 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #89

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Is there a rematch clause? If there is and Khan takes it he'll lose, mainly because he'll get pissed off again and brawl plain and simple.he's very easily agitated even though he shouldn't be, he's very amateurish in a lot of aspects, compare him to canelo and out shows

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 15 2012, 12:47 PM) *

I agree with you about the last knockdown and the stoppage...to me, it's a 50/50 though (as Im looking at it now). However, I saw a couple of times throughout the 4th round, where it could've stopped it and it would've been justified.

Im listening to Khan's interview after the fight, and again, he pisses me off because he NEVER seems to take responsibility for his shortcomings. He acts like he wants to take responsibility, then he starts talking about the ref and so forth.

PS: Did anybody peep the fighter meeting in the beginning where Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments regarding Khan? Really though, Lampley seems to forget his comment about Hamed in the Barrera fight, in regards to him knowing and spelling Barrera's name, rather than Allah's in the event that he lost.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:42 AM