Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mikey Garcia vs. Russell Jr, YES PLEASE
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Gary hasn't fought anybody with a good jab, in which Mikey does possess. That should make this one interesting. I have Mikey controlling the pace of the fight from the outside, leaving Russell with too much to think about and limiting the offense that he does have.

We've seen the best of Russell, but it doesn't mean all that much, due to his present competition. NOW, if he can do this against name fighters who have fought better competition, then I'll think reconsider the hype behind him.

Dude (Russell) is more solid and poised for the level of competition (or lack thereof) that he's been facing. Usually, guys that are coming up, will just run through these dudes just to get noticed and signed for bigger fights. His patience and willingness to stick to the game plan, is what makes me give him some type of credit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

this fight would be huge and i don't believe it will ever happen. but if it did...i'd favor russell. too quick, to slick and he can crack.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 7 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Haven't seen enough of Russel Jr to jump to a full conclusion.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 7 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Gary hasn't fought anybody with a good jab, in which Mikey does possess. That should make this one interesting. I have Mikey controlling the pace of the fight from the outside, leaving Russell with too much to think about and limiting the offense that he does have.

We've seen the best of Russell, but it doesn't mean all that much, due to his present competition. NOW, if he can do this against name fighters who have fought better competition, then I'll think reconsider the hype behind him.

Dude (Russell) is more solid and poised for the level of competition (or lack thereof) that he's been facing. Usually, guys that are coming up, will just run through these dudes just to get noticed and signed for bigger fights. His patience and willingness to stick to the game plan, is what makes me give him some type of credit.

No one wants to see Russell, no one. The kid is quick, great footwork and like someone said even better head movement. He would not be in front of Mikey's jabs. I think Russell would just dance around him and pop him all night. Honestly I think Garcia would be too slow for Russell, both fighters have tremendous boxing skill and too be honest this would be a great fight, a great fight. I like Russell by a UD.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 8 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 6 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Yeah there is...from me! lol

HBO still like him, so he'll get another fight. I think they may try line him up against Russell Jr too...

I don't think they will till he's either proven innocent or something

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

If this ever happens (and as said already, it's unlikely because of the Bobfather), it would be a classic boxing match. The longer boxer versus the shorter, more mobile boxer.

Strategically, the taller guy should have the advantage, (if he knows how to box and move) and Garcia certainly does. I do like Russell's blinding speed and his seemingly better movement, than Garcia, and at least on par ring IQ could very well limit/negate Garcia's length advantage.

Close one, but going with Russell although Garcia could definitely prove me wrong.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 9 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2013, 12:27 PM) *
If this ever happens (and as said already, it's unlikely because of the Bobfather), it would be a classic boxing match. The longer boxer versus the shorter, more mobile boxer.

Strategically, the taller guy should have the advantage, (if he knows how to box and move) and Garcia certainly does. I do like Russell's blinding speed and his seemingly better movement, than Garcia, and at least on par ring IQ could very well limit/negate Garcia's length advantage.

Close one, but going with Russell although Garcia could definitely prove me wrong.

I agree completely...the workings of a classic for sure - - both guys have great temperments

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 07:47 PM) *
No one wants to see Russell, no one. The kid is quick, great footwork and like someone said even better head movement. He would not be in front of Mikey's jabs. I think Russell would just dance around him and pop him all night. Honestly I think Garcia would be too slow for Russell, both fighters have tremendous boxing skill and too be honest this would be a great fight, a great fight. I like Russell by a UD.

Same here.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 9 2013, 01:25 PM) *
I agree completely...the workings of a classic for sure - - both guys have great temperments

Yeah man.

Boxing's got a lot of solid youngsters, with more coming up the ranks. As Dolimite said, once a certain someone goes to meet his maker (after living a long and productive life) there'll be one less obstacle in the way to getting these types of match-ups.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:11 PM