IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Cloud vs. Hopkins-Preview (Who Wins? Vote in The Poll!), Can We Expect The Unexpected?
Who Wins Hopkins vs. Cloud?
Who Wins This Fight?
Hopkins by Dec (Close) [ 6 ] ** [46.15%]
Hopkins by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Cloud by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hopkins by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 13

Cshel86
post Mar 8 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 04:16 PM) *
very good points and i agree on most. i think cloud is the younger stronger bully. if he can beat bhop to the punch (with the bullying) or answer bhops bullying with stronger more forceful bullying...it's going to be over for bhop.

I can picture all of the above happening...he just cant allow Hopkins too much time to think.

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 8 2013, 04:08 PM) *
The only thing that saddens me is that there is nothing in for Cloud. I don't particularly like him but there realy is nothing for him if he wins the fight. BHop is old. He is competitive, a legend but old and doesn't bear anything else than a name...again...old name. Tavoris is expected to beat him. If he doesn't his career is at stake, if he does beat Bhop, he beat an old man. I really don't see why he agreed to fight him.

The fight itself will look like the Bhop/Pascal I as many people here have already predicted. Young lion will try to chase and muscle out the old king of the jungle who himself still has some tricks up his sleeve. But I don't know.....I like Bhop and I will be rooting for him (We can't forget about this man rewriting history) hoping the fight will be watchable without any Hopkins/Jones II bullshit. Either way, Hopkins will make it competitive enough to make the public and more importantly himself believe he still can fight. He will not retire unless KO a la Pacman occurs.

Im not sure about some of this post, but most of it, I agree with. There isn't too much going on a light HW, but the buzz can begin Saturday night. Hopkins is on his way out, but of he keeps beating these young bucks, then that makes them look unworthy...Hopkins has to go for good this time, in order for the division to grow.

Cloud CAN make a name for himself, IF he stops Bernard tomorrow...IF. Nobody's ever stopped Hopkins before, and he hasn't looked all that shitty in his losses, so a KO on Cloud's behalf, it enough to make things interesting.

If Cloud decisions Hopkins (which I dont see happening), then that wont bring interest. If he stops him, then there's still Pascal, Dawson, and possibly Ward sooner or later. Hell, Froch and Bute may move up soon, who knows. Im pumped for this one!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 8 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 8 2013, 05:08 PM) *
The only thing that saddens me is that there is nothing in for Cloud. I don't particularly like him but there realy is nothing for him if he wins the fight. BHop is old. He is competitive, a legend but old and doesn't bear anything else than a name...again...old name. Tavoris is expected to beat him. If he doesn't his career is at stake, if he does beat Bhop, he beat an old man. I really don't see why he agreed to fight him.

The fight itself will look like the Bhop/Pascal I as many people here have already predicted. Young lion will try to chase and muscle out the old king of the jungle who himself still has some tricks up his sleeve. But I don't know.....I like Bhop and I will be rooting for him (We can't forget about this man rewriting history) hoping the fight will be watchable without any Hopkins/Jones II bullshit. Either way, Hopkins will make it competitive enough to make the public and more importantly himself believe he still can fight. He will not retire unless KO a la Pacman occurs.

if pascal had a little more pop....this might have already happened. cloud has more pop. it's highly likely.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 8 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 8 2013, 05:15 PM) *
if pascal had a little more pop....this might have already happened. cloud has more pop. it's highly likely.

I completely agree. I can't see Hopkins taking a good shot from cloud, he might be able to outbox him but if he gets hit will more than likely be it. Cloud can throw that thunder (no pun)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 8 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

bhop whispered these words to cloud....

"He was saying, 'I don't want you to beat me up that bad,' and I was telling him, 'Well I'm gonna whup your a__ anyway," Cloud, 31, told three reporters in a dressing room

cloud went on to say....

"He's got draws and losses and no contests and stuff like that. The people are tired of him. They want somebody to hurt him, really. They're tired of all of his games. I feel like, f__k him. That's what I feel like. F__k him. I ain't mad. I just really mean it. F__k him."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

this is going to be good. cloud was sparring with golovkin in preparation for this fight. offensively speaking, i don't think there's anything bhop can show him that golvokin can't. defensively speaking....that's another story.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 8 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Cloud seems to be over confident and underestimating Hopkins...

+Quote Post
jdubbya33
post Mar 9 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 11,546

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 3 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Another Title Fight for Bernard Hopkins, this time it's Hopkins vs. Cloud for Cloud's IBF Light-Heavyweight Title. Most of us remember Cloud as getting the shit beaten out of him by Gabriel Campillo on a Don King show, only for King's fighter to get a terrible decision win. Cloud still owes Campillo a rematch, but that's beside the point.

I am not impressed with Cloud, he has power, but can be hit, and Bernard will rough him up and make him work, but King's fighter will get the close rounds, and maybe some rounds that aren't close anyway in a lot of mauling grabbing, ugly shit from Hopkins, who has resorted to dirty fighting and fouling more and more to extend his legacy. Bernard will probably lose around 115-113, 117-110 and 116-112 unanimously, call everybody racist, and storm of like a spoiled child to his dressing room like a kid who just got told he can't have the last piece of cake before supper. This fight will be boring and ugly, at least on paper.

Also,, bashing King's fighters historically does not give a fighter justice on the scorecards. However, I have a feeling that the decision will be fair. Hopkins just not doing enough, and the need by fighting ugly in spots to make it competitive.

Or, does Executioner pull a rabbit out of his ass one last time and give us a Pascal II type performance? The fight on which Bernard should have retired and could have gone out highly respected and praised. When Bernard wins, he can be good guy.

Boring fight? Average to OK fight? Or something more? Can Bernard create excitment again?

Jack

I really want B hop to win this one. But I think age catched up with him and he gets stopped. I hope I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 9 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #27

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I have yet to see Cloud fight so this will be my first time seeing the lad in the squared circle. I do not know about his style of fighting so I will be a close observer. Hopkins is a master at this point in the game. He has the body of a 20 year old and the boxing skills of an all time great. His ring IQ and experience will probably give him the advantage, he has been to the rodeo more than once. His dedication to the sport is like no other. Again I can not call this fight because I have not seen Cloud fight before, but I had to pick, I would go for Hopkins just because of his experience and ring IQ. He is a throw back fighter, he thinks and he hits. Hopefully there is one more execution in the executioner.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:02 AM