IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
mitukczuk
post Feb 6 2013, 04:05 AM
Post #101

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

My man Floyd Money Mayweather will probably get into the ring with Devon Alexander in the WBA IBF unification bout.

From recent post on his official Facebook page:

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight."

Nothing set in stone yet but how do you feel about it?

I am kind of leaning towards liking this fight. Alexander is boring, his head is his third arm BUT he is technically sound boxer imo. Seeing Floyd Sr/Uncle Roger in the corner against Cunningham promises some sparks as well. Especially in 24/7. Devon is a good guy, Floyd will play the villain as usual, cornermen will be exchanging verbal blows and come fight night it should be a good boxing match..........with Floyd eventually prevailing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 6 2013, 05:28 AM
Post #102

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 6 2013, 04:05 AM) *
My man Floyd Money Mayweather will probably get into the ring with Devon Alexander in the WBA IBF unification bout.

From recent post on his official Facebook page:

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight."

Nothing set in stone yet but how do you feel about it?

I am kind of leaning towards liking this fight. Alexander is boring, his head is his third arm BUT he is technically sound boxer imo. Seeing Floyd Sr/Uncle Roger in the corner against Cunningham promises some sparks as well. Especially in 24/7. Devon is a good guy, Floyd will play the villain as usual, cornermen will be exchanging verbal blows and come fight night it should be a good boxing match..........with Floyd eventually prevailing.

Yo it's so funny because Someone mentioned Floyd Vs. Brook and it turns out they were right! Unfortunately Devon had an injury but Floyd would've face the winner of that fight if it were to materialize. Many boxing fans are outraged claiming Floyd is cherry picking and ducking Guerrero but I'm satisfied. Alexander deserves a Mayweather fight more than any other welter eight besides Bradley. He's been a world champion since 22 I believe and his opposition is WAY better than Guerrero's from 140-147. The only thing that kills the marketability of this fight is the fact that Devon has no personality and his style is boring. But I'm glad Floyd is giving a young black fighter a chance. I'm Glad he's supporting his own. It will be a pure boxing match. For Floyd to have made this decision. There must be Broner/Canelo on the undercard because many people are not happy...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 6 2013, 06:32 AM
Post #103

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i can see how this plays out. Floyd will go on about how Devon is undefeated and didn't really lose to Bradley and then talk trash to his face. I just hope this isn't the clinch fest Alexander vs Maidana will be, or the snooze fest that Alexander vs Bailey will be, sure Mayweather is neither, but he's Mayweather so Alexander will be intimidated by that.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 6 2013, 06:37 AM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 6 2013, 06:58 AM
Post #104

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Well played Floyd. I just wanted a better fight than Guerrero. Alexander is more interesting in my eyes. Its gonna be a good chance for Mayweather to shine, and 24/7 is going to be of interesting. I think he has been very humbled by his situation, and maybe will speak a lot about the various trials and tribulations he's gone through. Devon is a Young Champion, Skillwise he's better than Guerrero but it was Eff'd how they went about it all to the expense of Brook, dam son haha.

I actually thought he would announce a Amir Khan or Brook fight for the UK, no idea this was going to happen. As long as Adrien broner and Canelo vs trout on there, i think itll be fine

"At the end of the day" i don't care who he would've fought because i woulda watched it anyway lol. Just love boxing too much. Gonna be a good day.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 6 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #105

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 6 2013, 06:58 AM) *
Well played Floyd. I just wanted a better fight than Guerrero. Alexander is more interesting in my eyes. Its gonna be a good chance for Mayweather to shine, and 24/7 is going to be of interesting. I think he has been very humbled by his situation, and maybe will speak a lot about the various trials and tribulations he's gone through. Devon is a Young Champion, Skillwise he's better than Guerrero but it was Eff'd how they went about it all to the expense of Brook, dam son haha.

I actually thought he would announce a Amir Khan or Brook fight for the UK, no idea this was going to happen. As long as Adrien broner and Canelo vs trout on there, i think itll be fine

"At the end of the day" i don't care who he would've fought because i woulda watched it anyway lol. Just love boxing too much. Gonna be a good day.

There was no honor in the way they went about it. The winner of Alexander Brook should've gotten this fight. But time is money, and I guess there wasn't enough time to wait for Devon's bicep to "heal" so that he could fight Brook. One thing for certain, Brook is SICK right now...

This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 6 2013, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Feb 6 2013, 08:28 AM
Post #106

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2013, 04:58 AM) *
Which is probably why Brook and his promoter think the injury was BS. Brooks' promoter, Eddie Hearn is saying that they won't take any step aside money to allow them to unify the belts. I hope that is true and that if they try to proceed with the match that Devon gets stripped of the title

I doubt that the IBF would choose the Floyd opportunity as the one they'd start a strict enforcement of their rules with. They probably would want Floyd's name - and sanction fee-size - on their record books before he retires. They also know that Brook will probably still be there to chase the crown later.

In my view, the only serious thing out of what Eddie Hearn was reported to have said, is that they have a signed contract to fight Alexander. But even with a contract anything can happen, and signed contracts have been side-stepped in the past, even recently. I think Eddie and Kell would eventually come round to accept some step-aside money.

Like has been said by some, a Mayweather-Alexander fight will be a hard sell though. Even at that, Floyd can be a good salesman all by himself, and could break the 1 million PPV buys barrier with this one, with or without Canelo on the card. Of course, having Canelo on the card, no matter who he fights, would boost such numbers.

P34c3

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 6 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #107

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I totally didn't see this coming by the way. Devon Alexander? I've defended Floyd's resume' plenty of times but even I don't get this one...and I damn sure am not anxious to see it. Not trying to see Devon struggle to mount any kind of offense while throwing that bullshit jab of his and grunting all fucking night. Devon does have a resume but damn... this is a hard sell. There's no Cinco De Mayo connection. There's no beef there. Alexander wasn't calling him out. Alexander isn't the new IT guy in boxing. Alexander isn't fresh off a classic performance. I just don't see any reason why he would fight him of all people. I hate to say this, but I'd rather see him fight Guerrero than Alexander.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Feb 6 2013, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 6 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #108

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If he was fighting Devon with his September date he supposedly has locked in, mabe I'd get it. Why waste the May date on Devon?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Feb 6 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #109

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I'm still holding out hope that it's Marquez and that we're all being trolled.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 6 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #110

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2013, 09:05 AM) *
I totally didn't see this coming by the way. Devon Alexander? I've defended Floyd's resume' plenty of times but even I don't get this one...and I damn sure am not anxious to see it. Not trying to see Devon struggle to mount any kind of offense while throwing that bullshit jab of his and grunting all fucking night. Devon does have a resume but damn... this is a hard sell. There's no Cinco De Mayo connection. There's no beef there. Alexander wasn't calling him out. Alexander isn't the new IT guy in boxing. Alexander isn't fresh off a classic performance. I just don't see any reason why he would fight him of all people. I hate to say this, but I'd rather see him fight Guerrero than Alexander.

I'mma have to cosign this entire post.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:00 AM