> UFC 115
AussieLad
post Jun 15 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #11

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Lidell needs to ditch the UFC. He isnt going to headline anymore events

He can probably make some good scratch in strikeforce.

I thought he was doing well, rocking franklin a few times. But, as always, his aggression made him over commit. Same thing happened vs rampage and rashad. He waded in taking chances, and got clipped. The only problem is that rampage and rashad have power, and his chin was broken so he couldnt take franklins shots. I dont rate franklin on the same level as rampage or rashad in terms of one punch power

Props to cro cop. I thought he was in the same stage as lidell, losing to lesser fighters. But he toughed it out and used some diversity in his gameplan. Thought his cheek was broken for sure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jun 15 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #12

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 14 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Haha, everbody is a legend in the UFC. Goldie even referred to Kimbo Slice as a "legend." I've learned never to take anything anyone in the UFC says at face value. It's all hyperbole.

lol...I hear that...and for the record, I don't really see Liddell as a legend either for that matter...

It's the old "We'll keep calling them legends until the marks believe it." trick...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 20 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 15 2010, 03:01 PM) *
lol...I hear that...and for the record, I don't really see Liddell as a legend either for that matter...

I definitely think Chuck Liddell is one of the most over-hyped fighters in history, probably the most over-hyped. His comp record isn't great either, but it is good enough to make him a "UFC legend", imo.

He's not Wanderlei Silva legendary, Sakuraba legendary, Rua legendary, or even Cotoure legendary. But he is Rich Franklin legendary, lol. Just as long as you remember what the UFC's standards for legendary are.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 23 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #14

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 21 2010, 03:12 AM) *
I definitely think Chuck Liddell is one of the most over-hyped fighters in history, probably the most over-hyped. His comp record isn't great either, but it is good enough to make him a "UFC legend", imo.

He's not Wanderlei Silva legendary, Sakuraba legendary, Rua legendary, or even Cotoure legendary. But he is Rich Franklin legendary, lol. Just as long as you remember what the UFC's standards for legendary are.

LOL, I agree...the UFC seriously overhypes their fighters. Even Rampage and I love Rampage

Sakuraba is a legend. Prime Wand is too....Cotoure is overrated (JMO)..

The ATG's of MMA are Fedor, Sakuraba, Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Silva....

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 25 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Big G come on now, how can you say the natural is over rated?

he beat liddell, ortiz, belfort, maurice smith, mark coleman, jeremy horn, kevin randleman, pedro rizzo, tim silvia, gonzaga...And soon to be he will kick the shit out of James Toney..

randy is alot of things, but overrated isnt one of them

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 25 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 25 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Big G come on now, how can you say the natural is over rated?

he beat liddell, ortiz, belfort, maurice smith, mark coleman, jeremy horn, kevin randleman, pedro rizzo, tim silvia, gonzaga...And soon to be he will kick the shit out of James Toney..

randy is alot of things, but overrated isnt one of them

I think a lot of new fans get thrown off by Randy's shitty-ass record. They never actually look at this comp list or achievements. Randy is definitely a legend. A real one, I mean, not just a UFC legend.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:43 PM