IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

Jack 1000
post Feb 15 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 07:16 PM) *
this is going to be interesting. i think trout is going to ruin the party. i hope they pick the right judges and ref for this one. let the chips fall where they may!

trout is much better than i originally thought. i get the feeling he's going to beat canelo easily. trout is capable of fighting 3 minutes of every round. canelo likes to take breaks and fight in spots. trout is not easy to hit and can fight in the trenches. it's his fight on the outside...canelo's best chances lie on the inside. i'm looking for a masterful display of boxing from trout on this one.

i cannot believe golden boy made this fight!?!?!? i just hope they don't pull any fast ones.

I'll bet the favorite son of the WBC Alverez wins no less than a Split Decision if this goes to the cards. I just have a feeling. They are gonna need two East Coast judges for a chance at fairness. They will probably get one New Jersey or New York judge, the other two could be California, Texas, or Mexico, pick any area of those regions.

Great that this fight is being made. But who is gonna make Lamply cheer louder, the WBC, or Golden Boy the money machine Alverez or Trout? That's how I think going into this fight. Fairness could happen. I would go with a New York judge, a British judge, and maybe an Asian judge. The point being neutrality. Get Bayless or Smoger to ref!

At least great respect to both if this happens!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 16 2013, 02:08 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Very interesting. I wanna see how red handles a real 154 pounder that can box and punch. I'm also curious to see how a real 154 pounder with what seems like a good chin reacts to reds power. One things for sure, trouts not a big banger and I don't think he has a chance to win on the cards not because he can't but because gbp probably won't let it happen.

But if reds power is effective against a true Jr middleweight and he gets his timing down I could see him pulling it out. But I have still yet to see if his stamina holds up and of course his chin, let's not forget he got hurt very badly against cottos brother.

If trouts busy fighting style doesn't tire him out I see Canelo getting a split decision either by a complete robbery or in a close fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I kinda find it funny how Canelo announced this fight, and nothing has been "officially" announced. Maybe he spoke too soon, or maybe the fight is really happening. This could be a ploy to add interest to the fight, think about it, GBP has been doing this with Canelo for the past few months.

Maybe I'm putting too much into it, help me out here. Canelo can announced an opponent with at least 8 weeks left before the fight date, unlike Mayweather, who needs at least 10-12 weeks, due to promotion. How many times have we heard of Canelo fighting someone, and 8 weeks later, he was fighting?

Canelo/Hatton on March 2011, Canelo/Rhodes on June 2011, Canelo/Gomez on Sept 2011, Canelo/Cintron on November 2011, etc...

He's basically been fighting on a 3 month basis, and the announcements have been somewhat quick. I wouldn't be so quick to say that this fight is certain, but again, I may be wrong. Think about it, whose fight is more important, Canelo's or Mayweather's? Maybe Canelo's opponent, is what's been holding this up. Canelo can fight on a whim and people will watch it, especially if he's gonna be on a big PPV. but Floyd's situation isn't the same.

Let's see how this goes...hopefully the Canelo/Trout announcement is 110% true...Trout HAS been kinda quiet lately. Lol

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Feb 16 2013, 05:38 AM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

Alvarez-Trout is like a dream fight to me, mainly because of Canelo's overall less-than-stellar quality of opposition, along with his sky-high/very decent popularity/follower-ship, and because of Austin Trout's better overall quality of opposition, and an underrated set of boxing abilities (pre-Cotto.)

Trout, in a humble way, said (the moment his fight with Cotto was signed, but before the fight,) that he wouldn't know why Cotto made the mistake of choosing him. He turned out to really know himself.

If this Canelo-Trout bout comes off, I think it will be another mistake choosing Trout, this time by GBP agreeing to Canelo's wishes, as they (GBP, Canelo, and of course Mayweather) stand a very good chance of derailing the big money fight planned for this September.

As has been said by some, big props to Canelo for going in though, if it happens. And of course we fans of the sport stand to get our satisfaction.

P34c3

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 16 2013, 08:05 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

When did Trout become the be all end all? Hes not this slick crafty southpaw that I keep reading about, at least on other sites, hes a volume puncher. A tall fighter that fights small. He can be hit. Basically hes PWill with a touch better skill. I cant believe people were calling him the most ducked fighter. Before Cotto nobody knew who this chump was. I dare anybody to go watch Trout v Delvin Rodriguez and come back and tell me this guys the truth. I expect Canelo to walk through this dude with ease.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 16 2013, 08:07 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 16 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 15 2013, 07:56 PM) *
I wouldn't, I think Floyd loses that fight

And I also have him beating fire crotch in a UD, I salute GB for this. They better pull an Ann Wolfe and spike that boy's drink because he is going to give Canelo fits in the ring. At least we'll get Floyd vs Guerrero. Solid matchups even though I've been railing against Guerrero to get the fight. He finally gets his shot at an elite ass whopping. May 4th can't get here fast enough

I don't care if Floyd would lose the against Trout I just want to see it. I really do! Alvarez better bring his game, hype can not get in the ring with him now he has to earn his stripes. I am not giddy over Guerrero and Mayweather, I am not, maybe I will be. I am curious to see how he and his father will get along. It would be nice to see them finally patch things up. I hope Roger is okay.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2013, 11:43 PM) *
I kinda find it funny how Canelo announced this fight, and nothing has been "officially" announced. Maybe he spoke too soon, or maybe the fight is really happening. This could be a ploy to add interest to the fight, think about it, GBP has been doing this with Canelo for the past few months.

Maybe I'm putting too much into it, help me out here. Canelo can announced an opponent with at least 8 weeks left before the fight date, unlike Mayweather, who needs at least 10-12 weeks, due to promotion. How many times have we heard of Canelo fighting someone, and 8 weeks later, he was fighting?

Canelo/Hatton on March 2011, Canelo/Rhodes on June 2011, Canelo/Gomez on Sept 2011, Canelo/Cintron on November 2011, etc...

He's basically been fighting on a 3 month basis, and the announcements have been somewhat quick. I wouldn't be so quick to say that this fight is certain, but again, I may be wrong. Think about it, whose fight is more important, Canelo's or Mayweather's? Maybe Canelo's opponent, is what's been holding this up. Canelo can fight on a whim and people will watch it, especially if he's gonna be on a big PPV. but Floyd's situation isn't the same.

Let's see how this goes...hopefully the Canelo/Trout announcement is 110% true...Trout HAS been kinda quiet lately. Lol

Come on bro, don't be so pessimistic. At least this is one fight that the fans will get. Just enjoy. You asked the popular girl out to the prom and she said yes. What more can you ask for? I love this fight, I really do. Bob, its your move to actually make a fight that the fans want to see.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 16 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Trout apparently confirms it on his Twitter too:

"Austin Trout ‏@NoDoubtTrout

Are you ready? #TroutNation #TeamTrout #TroutCanelo"

Leon, I don't think that anyone is saying that Trout is the end all be all and I disagree quite a bit with comparing him to Paul Williams, but the man is a proper boxer who now has the chance to show that he's elite. Trout/Rodriguez was a cagey bout. Rodriguez knows his craft. Not sure if you watched FNF last night, but Rodriguez is at a more than respectable level. Not an elite guy, but definitely above average.

You should check out Trout's fight against Alvarez' older brother (Rigoberto Alvarez). That's a nice subplot that will be part of the marketing for this match. 'Saul's revenge'....

Anyway, picking 'No Doubt.' Will be a good match.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 16 2013, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 16 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Kudos to Trout for over coming every obstacle to get to this position.
Kudos to Canelo for not pulling a Chavez Jr. And claiming he's not ready even though he's the champion,
Kudos to GBP for taking a risks d giving the fans what they want.
Hopefully May 4 I will be able to say:
"Kudos to the ref and judges for giving Trout a fair shake"

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 16 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 16 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Kudos to Trout for over coming every obstacle to get to this position.
Kudos to Canelo for not pulling a Chavez Jr. And claiming he's not ready even though he's the champion,
Kudos to GBP for taking a risks d giving the fans what they want.
Hopefully May 4 I will be able to say:
"Kudos to the ref and judges for giving Trout a fair shake"

LOL!!! Absolutely. Trout D12... Who's next!

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 16 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Could be some trouble with Mayweather because Canelo wanted him in September...But if Canelo we're to lose then it wouldn't make sense for mayweather to fight canelo over trout other than the money.

I also have a feeling that if Mayweather we're to move up and fight Canelo or Trout. He will probably be outweighed that fight by 15-20 pounds. As much as i do want to see Mayweather fight Trout or Canelo, thats a risky move for a fighter. Some people hate and just want to see him in fights he is most likely to lose. Sorry Pactards, could've predicted before Manny would get knocked out in Spectacular fashion with his fighting style AKA No defense style.

Mayweather moved up to fight Cotto, a man he was trying to fight since he was with Top Rank. And DLH. Both big money fights and 1 and 2 biggest Non heavyweight fights in history. Money is talking to Mayweather.

With that said, I dont think Mayweather ever fights Trout. The only way Mayweather moves up is to fight Canelo, who has to beat Trout, it has to be a clear win too. Any controversy around that win may effect the fight. ..

This way Mayweather could get the top 3 fights ever (non heavyweight). Even 4 if he takes Pac after, but now im just hoping too much haha

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 16 2013, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:09 AM