IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fox Sports 1-@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Callazo vs. Ortiz: SPOILERS, No New Threads or Streems (Add DVR Time-Ball Game Previous)
Jack 1000
post Jan 31 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #111

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I would give ANYTHING for the Fox Sports Commentary last night to replace HBO and company's commentary, or at least "Thinks he knows everything" Teddy Atlas over at ESPN. The Fox Sports Team was fun to listen to, made it fun to watch, and did an excellent job! I know that some are not fans of Paulie's voice, but it's not as bad as some of the voices at the above networks! Barry Tompkins would be a fine replacement at HBO or ESPN. But Lampley and Max should leave HBO, and Atlas should retire from broadcasting and stick to writing about boxing.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 31 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #112

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

always entertaining to hear atlas fly off the handle when he's pissed tho.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 31 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #113

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 31 2014, 12:33 PM) *
LMAO... thing is... Collazo has a good chin and lefty counter punching style.. he would give mayweather a better fight that Khan

I completely disagree, I think Mayweather vs Collazo would be pretty one-sided.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #114

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 31 2014, 02:29 PM) *
always entertaining to hear atlas fly off the handle when he's pissed tho.

I'd rather listen to Atlas then 99% of most guys commentating today. I don't know why people dislike Teddy so much but he knows more then anyone doing it today. The same people who bitch and moan about him do the same thing on message boards like their rants are somehow better....Atlas>>all his haters

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 31 2014, 10:33 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 1 2014, 05:07 AM
Post #115

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

id love to see Gomez vs Porter for the red strap. That would be a good scrap with two guys puting in enough power shots along with boxing IQ to create a high level fight.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 1 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #116

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 31 2014, 02:47 PM) *
I would give ANYTHING for the Fox Sports Commentary last night to replace HBO and company's commentary, or at least "Thinks he knows everything" Teddy Atlas over at ESPN. The Fox Sports Team was fun to listen to, made it fun to watch, and did an excellent job! I know that some are not fans of Paulie's voice, but it's not as bad as some of the voices at the above networks! Barry Tompkins would be a fine replacement at HBO or ESPN. But Lampley and Max should leave HBO, and Atlas should retire from broadcasting and stick to writing about boxing.

Jack

I dont know Jack, bernard hopkins kept stuttering and really struggles to get his point across into words and finally sentenes. paulie is a natural, his accent is the only thing against him. Andre ward is also a great natural commentator, he is very good at mixing meaningful things from a fighters perspective and also as a fan of the sport,. barry tompkins kept referring to victor ortiz as vincent ortiz, which i thought was funny, but on a whole, i thought the commentary in general was funny but weak. hopkins is just horrible at it, and he cannot decidde what to say, he annoys me, constantly searching for words, and then just cutting himself off half sentence jut because hes failing to hard on TV and cant sound like a noobie.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 1 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #117

Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 10:32 PM) *
I'd rather listen to Atlas then 99% of most guys commentating today. I don't know why people dislike Teddy so much but he knows more then anyone doing it today. The same people who bitch and moan about him do the same thing on message boards like their rants are somehow better....Atlas>>all his haters

i can see how some people think teddy is a bit too much. he rambles a lot, repeats his points over and over again, and has a comment about virtually everything. sometimes it's nice to watch the fights with breaks from the commentators so you can put together your own thoughts.

having said this, i do agree that i'd rather listen to atlas as opposed to someone like lampley, kellerman, or al bernstein. teddy knows his stuff and calls it like it is. learned a lot just by listening to him cover FNF.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 1 2014, 10:27 AM
Post #118

Bantamweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 1 2014, 08:08 AM) *
I dont know Jack, bernard hopkins kept stuttering and really struggles to get his point across into words and finally sentenes. paulie is a natural, his accent is the only thing against him. Andre ward is also a great natural commentator, he is very good at mixing meaningful things from a fighters perspective and also as a fan of the sport,. barry tompkins kept referring to victor ortiz as vincent ortiz, which i thought was funny, but on a whole, i thought the commentary in general was funny but weak. hopkins is just horrible at it, and he cannot decidde what to say, he annoys me, constantly searching for words, and then just cutting himself off half sentence jut because hes failing to hard on TV and cant sound like a noobie.

i wonder if the others signal to bernard that he's rambling so he just cuts it short. i really think he'd keep going if you let him...have you seen the dudes interviews? he goes on forever and sometimes doesnt address the topic at hand. paulie sounded OK, but he was def on something...couldn't stand straight and his eyes were unfocused/all over the place. i tune out barry tompkins.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 1 2014, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:04 PM