IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is Clottey?, Somebody needs to shake up the WW division...
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Clottey.jpg)

I dont know about you guys, but Joshua Clottey would've remained a force in the Welterweight division, but he's nowhere to be found nowadays. He could've been a credible test for guys like Khan, Bradley, and Alexander, who all plan to move up to WW...if they haven't already done so. He could've also been a good scrap for Berto and Ortiz as well...and I remember Ortiz fighting Clottey's brother earlier in his career.

I've been saying this about Clottey for a while now, and it could hold some truth at the present time. I can remember the problems he gave guys like Judah, Margarito, Baldomir, Cotto, and so forth. If all you can bring up is that fluke ass Pacquiao fight and write him off...then please make it your business to get the fuck outta this thread right now. Other than that, share your qualified thoughts...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 19 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

the reason i wrote him off is his inability to take risks, i mean in the cotto fight he had cotto hurt, face all puffy and what not and just did nothing and then complains about being robbed. i think he'd be good for any fighter to showcase some technical skill because his ear muffs make it slightly hard to hit him clean.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Oct 19 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #3

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

I'm pretty sure Clottey is moving to 154. Maybe he could fight Margarito or Mosley

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 19 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

or another cotto fight if cotto makes it past magarito

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 19 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Its like watching a guy go at it with a punching bag. He should stay where he's at

+Quote Post
Seek
post Oct 19 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #6

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 19 2011, 02:20 PM) *
or another cotto fight if cotto makes it past magarito

man i wanna see cotto get in there with canelo or martinez

canelo is for sure going to face the winner of angulo vs kirkland next right?

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Oct 19 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #7

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

I remember watching a video with clottey calling out paul williams. He was saying how pwill is a weak welterweight. Im with you man he is a perfect test for the up and coming 140 pounders.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 19 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Well Shaft, the question is when he reemerges what kind of fighter is he going to be? Is he going to be a punching bag or is he going to actually box? Clottely has a good personality and I think his reach would give Khan/Sergio fits. But if he just stands there like a punching bag then he can stay in Uganda.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:50 PM) *
I remember watching a video with clottey calling out paul williams. He was saying how pwill is a weak welterweight. Im with you man he is a perfect test for the up and coming 140 pounders.

Thank you! This dude is no punk by any measure. Yes, he doesn't take many risks, but you gotta look at the condition that opponent is usually in after the fight is over. Any guy that can break his opponents down and rarely takes any punishment due to his decent defense, is always a force to be reckoned with. I dont ever remember this dude being in too much trouble in the ring.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Well Shaft, the question is when he reemerges what kind of fighter is he going to be? Is he going to be a punching bag or is he going to actually box? Clottely has a good personality and I think his reach would give Khan/Sergio fits. But if he just stands there like a punching bag then he can stay in Uganda.

How many of his fights have you actually saw? Pleeeease dont mention that Pacquiao circus that most of us wasted our money on.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:33 PM