IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anybody else think the UFC needs a new ring announcer?, BRUCE BUFFER SUCKS!
breaker
post Aug 22 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,466

I also hated Bruce Buffer from day one. He has no talent whatsoever!! At first I would laugh that the UFC for having this idiot announcing... now I get mad at his stupid antics he's tried to implement to create a signature for himself! Please UFC, IT'S TIME! To get rid of this fool!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 22 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

I never had a huge problem with Buffer.

+Quote Post
CagR
post Sep 4 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 10,490

I'm glad someone else thinks so. I've always said that Bruce Buffer sucked as an announcer. He tries so hard to make a strong voice I sometimes think he might shit himself. Announcing doesn't come natural to him.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Sep 8 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

It makes me laugh when he goes to introduce the first fighter and he does that superfast rightface and points is cards at him.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 8 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Yep, sorry Bruce, but there can be only one, and as sure as pinocchio has wooden balls, it isnt ever goin to be you

+Quote Post
Mooresey
post Sep 13 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 10,511

I signed up to this forum just to say NO!

Bruce Buffer is the man!!! No one can hype a crowd like Bruce(well, perhaps Michael). His turns and comments are the greatest. Especially "IT'S TIIIIMMMMMEEEEE!", if I could afford Bruce I'd have him at my wedding.

"That was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life, Randy".

Legend.

This post has been edited by Mooresey: Sep 13 2009, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Sep 15 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #7

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Mooresey @ Sep 13 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Bruce Buffer is the man!!! No one can hype a crowd like Bruce(well, perhaps Michael). His turns and comments are the greatest. Especially "IT'S TIIIIMMMMMEEEEE!", if I could afford Bruce I'd have him at my wedding.

Legend.

I have to agree...I think Bruce is perfect for the UFC. Maybe that's just because he's been doing it for so long that I just got used to him.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

In my opinion though, a UFC fight just wouldn't be right without having Bruce introduce the fighters.

I mean, there's only one Michael Buffer, but honestly, seeing him or Jimmy Lennon Jr. or Lupe Contreras or Amy Hayes inside the Octagon would just be odd. It wouldn't even look right. I just don't think there "style" of announcing fits with the UFC. Likewise, I don't think Bruce's style of announcing would fit at a boxing match.

+Quote Post
naurispunk
post Dec 21 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 10,685

QUOTE (Mooresey @ Sep 13 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Legend.

I on the other hand signed up to this forum just to say YES!

I totally agree with dude who said "He tries so hard to make a strong voice I sometimes think he might shit himself." and not just 'cuz i almost shited my pants while reading it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I always hate when fight videos start with his anouncement. I usually pause and wait until it tis loaded so that i can skip it.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Dec 22 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #9

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

UFC wouldn't be the same with Bruce Buffer and the Buffer 180.

+Quote Post
Sarkasmi
post Sep 18 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 11,019

Haha, yeah good to see others agree with me. I literally googled "Bruce Buffer Idiot" just to see if anyone else thinks he sucks and found this page.

I mean I almost always facepalm at his announcing.

"Introducingfirst!" *shouts full force and growls* _FIGHTINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *continues normally* out of the blue corner..."

One time he literally scared the crap out of me while I was wearing headphones with the volume kinda loud and he yelled the damn "FIGHTINGGG" word like he had some sort of a rage-seizure.

And EVERY time it's 100% the same silly sh*t (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I think he'd be way more decent without the damn growling shouts he does. Coz that's just ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Sarkasmi: Sep 18 2010, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:25 AM