> I got booted from chat..., Lefthook's "Meltdown" Thread
Jack 1000
post Aug 1 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 1 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]398468[/snapback]
I think we should give some sort of one-time amnesty to all of our old posters who are no longer here. Lefty, Hawkins, Reg_dumb, Jermaine, Suckapunch, Hawkins, Jerry fucking Drake, all those cats. Especially Jerry Drake, man, I feel bad about that shit. I think I pushed him way over the edge with that "punching a moose in the face" shit.

We should bring those guys back just to spice up the boards a little. And we should allow the boards to be perused by non-members too, I think that is fucking key. I would never join a forum I couldn't lurk on beforehand, cause you never know what you're getting in to. I don't think I've ever joined any forum except for the fact I found some post I didn't agree with, decided to join just because I needed to debate it, and stuck around after it was finished.

Warlord,

The problem is that most of these guy's behaviors were SOOO bad that they were brining the forum down to such a low level, and we were losing posters because of them. Jermaine's racist threats to posters and their families got so extreme that after 4 years of his shit, we had to get outside security help to get him out for good. In my experience as a moderator than as an administrator, he was the worst poster we had. Hawkins and Reg One were given 50 chances and warnings. The same with Suckapunch, who started out ok, but when complaints and post screenings showed that he became more problematic over time, he needed to go as well.

The ONLY, posters, I mean the ONLY posters that I might take into consideration for a return would be Lefthook, because at the time he left, he did so on his own accord and I believe also had some family problems. But he didn't like the "Officer Hook" stuff. The point is he left on his own. Maybe Jerry Drake, because he wasn't nearly as bad as the others. BUT, Jerry Drake would have to prove in coming back that he has learned from his mistakes and could be a positive role for the community.

Outside of Lefthook and maybe Jerry Drake (still unsure about Jerry Drake, but not as bad as the others mentioned,) the other posters discussed were vicious vindictive trolls and/or board flamers who would either troll or not listen to repeated warnings to chill. Those others will not be brought back under any circumstances. It is extremely rare to impossible that the others mentioned will ever change. Right now, Lefthook would be the only person I would consider back on a probation basis, but we couldn't call him "Officer Hook." He didn't like that. If we get Lefthook back, we need to make him feel a welcome part of our community. My reasoning is also based on the fact that Lefthook was never banned, he left on his own.

Ben and I do not have the time or tolerance to bring back the banned troublemakers who had to go because they tore this place apart. Anyone who hurts this community with racist, threatening, or trolling shit is not welcomed back once they are gone, no matter what. The bans, (other than immediate bans of trolls) are always based on community input over long periods of time, unless we believe that emergency intervention is required.

We are having enough trouble and time constraints keeping trolls and spam URL's out of the non-boxing General section. That is stressful enough as it is. We will not open the flood gates to give proven trouble makers, second chances, (or in the case of many of them 20-50 chances.) They are gone, will remain gone, and it is time to move ahead.

Jack

Administrator

PS. It is my understanding that guests can browse the forum but cannot post unless registered. Registration for posting is required for security reasons.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 2 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #12

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

What's this "Ben and I" shit?

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Aug 3 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #13

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 1 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]398468[/snapback]
I think we should give some sort of one-time amnesty to all of our old posters who are no longer here. Lefty, Hawkins, Reg_dumb, Jermaine, Suckapunch, Hawkins, Jerry fucking Drake, all those cats. Especially Jerry Drake, man, I feel bad about that shit. I think I pushed him way over the edge with that "punching a moose in the face" shit.

We should bring those guys back just to spice up the boards a little. And we should allow the boards to be perused by non-members too, I think that is fucking key. I would never join a forum I couldn't lurk on beforehand, cause you never know what you're getting in to. I don't think I've ever joined any forum except for the fact I found some post I didn't agree with, decided to join just because I needed to debate it, and stuck around after it was finished.

I agree, bring them back!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Aug 3 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #14

Guests

While we're on the topic of "Ben and I"... Jack, was it a joint decision between you and Ben to remove me from "Team Fighthype," or was it a solo decision? The removal itself doesn't bother me, that subforum was delivered stillborn. The only thing that bugs me is the principle of it. I was one of the first guys voted in, and I guarantee you I wasn't voted out. It feels like some imposed exile as punishment for kicking Hype's puppy. (The Cuntsciene.)

If I got dismissed as a result of being in one too many arguments on these forums, that shit is fine with me too. I'm not shy about butting heads, and I'm not keen on licking filthy cock just to stay in someone's good graces. If I was shown the door because of my behavior, awesome, but I expect Rusty Trombone and his split personality Syder to be lagging right behind, as they've been in just as many wars here as me. And unlike me, they never got a unanimous vote into "Team Fighthype." Those cats were being denied at every turn, even by you, Jack.

Anyway, like I said, the removal doesn't bother me. The "behind the back," no forewarning or message of any kind is what gets to me. That's some Greg Leon shit or some fucking CheeChee maxboxing shit, not what I (then) would have expected from Fighthype, a site claiming to be different from the rest.

Whatever. I understand "Team Fighthype" is an exclusive subforum, designed to cater to only Fighthype's most exquisite, high class posters. My antics have no place there, lol. Never mind the fact that the only action that forum has seen in months were the postings detailing some of our more respected memebers antics of trolling a trouble teens website. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_Warlord_*
post Aug 4 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 3 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]398854[/snapback]
I didn't even know you were removed. I suppose the part that would annoy me is not being given a reason or informed as to why I would have been removed. But you're not alone. Brutal was removed also for a reason, though not sure if he ever got the explanation.
You were always cool, though I must admit you were never one to back down from an online argument, but yeah probably an explanation would have been cool. But yeah like you said and I'm not trying to be a dick but there isn't much that goes on there anyways. Basically a general section board that others don't have access to.

Exactly. I don't care about the removal, cause the forum blew anyway. I do care about the principle behind it though. I'll go to hell on principle and burn every bridge behind me.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 4 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #16

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I too dont know why Warlord was removed....I know why Brutal was removed though lol

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 4 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #17

Choppin Headz Boi!

And Jack, you banned JerryDrake for no reason...he was one of our top posters..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 4 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #18

Choppin Headz Boi!

Also, MODS cant add/remove members from team fighthype. Only Admin's (Hype, Jack AKay) can.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 4 2008, 05:16 AM
Post #19

The Consultant

QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 4 2008, 01:05 AM) [snapback]398859[/snapback]
Exactly. I don't care about the removal, cause the forum blew anyway. I do care about the principle behind it though. I'll go to hell on principle and burn every bridge behind me.

Warlord,

This may be related to a database error or system issue in a forum update. I have absolutely no recollection of you doing anything wrong. I will check on this immediately.

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 4 2008, 05:30 AM
Post #20

The Consultant

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 4 2008, 01:39 AM) [snapback]398868[/snapback]
And Jack, you banned JerryDrake for no reason...he was one of our top posters..

Not exactly, Jerry Drake I recall was banned by mutual agreement because he would keep instigating racist comments in the chatroom to our other posters. But in hindsight, he wasn't as bad as some of the others we talked about. I said that I would be happy to get Lefthook back on here because he left on his own, was going through some hard times and I felt bad about that.

I would consider having Jerry Drake back as long as he would agree to stop the racist problems that other people complained about. The others mentioned above, the answer is no. Their threats and shit made the board too unmanageable

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:16 PM