Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prime Mayorga At 147 vs Prime Quartey At 147, Who Wins And Why
and the NEW
post Jul 22 2007, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

DAMN, what the hell happened? Why did this forum move website? I couldnt work out what happened, and then emailed boxingtalk to ask, but nobody responded.

SecondsOut did the same thing a few years back, and the site DIED, so I think the same is in stall for boxingtalk.com.

As for the football, yeh, Barcelona will be unstoppable in La Liga next season. I think the only two teams in the world with as strong squad are Manchester United and Chelsea. With Chelsea adding Malouda (best player in France last season) and Manchester United adding Anderson and Nani to their squads.

Barca also added Abidal, an awesome defender who will be used on the left. Milito from Zaragoza, which is EXACTLY what they are missing, someone to marshel the back line, of which seems to have no structure whatsoever. And afterall, he is known as "the Marshel" (however you spell it). They also added Yaya Toure, who is a very strong defensive midfielder. GREAT additions to their squad, they got exactly the guys they needed. How about Saviola PR, he is off to Real Madrid!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 22 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(PR316 @ Jun 23 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]344354[/snapback]
Not sure how this will be pulled off though. This will certainly cause a change in formation for Barcelona. Eto'o is not very familiar with playing the role of a supporting striker. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, assuming he stays.

This will be the interesting part. No idea how they will do it, other than using the strikers to track back, and neither Ronaldinho, Eto'o or Henry like going back much, not to mention Messi is best utilised further up the pitch. You cant exactly have 4 strikers though. I wouldnt be surprsied to see them be rotated like the backs, with one of the quartet missing out each week. Messi is safe, but Ronaldinho and Henry both like to come down the left naturally (this is supposedly Henrys perfered position, as opposed to a central striker). I hope they can find a way to let all 4 on the pitch at once, seeing teams try to stop them will be great!

Any moves to/from Valencia?

Liverpool bought Babel, they have Torres and now Kewell is fit, they might be able to at least get a bit closer to the top next season.

Arsenal wont rival for the title, but I think they wil do better than most think. They got Da Silva who is good (and young), and with quality like Hleb, Gilberto Silva, Fabregas, Gallas, Rosicky, Van Persie and their new French signing at the back, they might actually do ok and stay in the race for a while.

Should be a great great season in the Premier League this season, and will be interesting to see how Juve goes now.............cant see them fighting for the title, but they will be mainly trying to secure a Champions League place for the following season.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jul 22 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Valencia signed Alexis from Getafe, and Arizmendi from Atletico Madrid. The Alexis signing is SOLID. Arizmendi is ok. Valencia need another striker, I think. I think the team is trying to move into having just one striker. This leaves Villa in the receiver role which will allow him to score more goals(Hopefully this will mean a more attacking style). Valencia have been looking to sign either Lucho Gonzalez or Sneijder. Either would be an excellent midfield addition for the club, that seems to at times lack attacking threat up the middle. Hopefully their best signing is yet to come.

Barca are once again loaded with talent. Not sure how they're gonna do it. I have a feeling somebody is going to be the odd man out. Unless if they change their formation and all. But if Barca does that, then how does Eto'o handle being a supporting striker, and how do Messi and Ronaldinho adapt to being moved back a bit??..

Saviola is at Real Madrid now, with Schuster as the coach. I think Real will be more exciting next season. I don't like the club's politics, but they were the champions last year, despite playing unattractive football.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Jul 29 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Valencia beat Inter 2-0 in a solid display, while Barca is also performing well in pre season. Though, its not much to go on, its good to see! Too bad I cant actually watch the matches as their not shown here.

Good also to see the likes of Silva, Villa staying at Valencia. Madrid has been quiet in this transfer window, really just strengthening their defence.

How about Simao to Atletico, GREAT signing, I beleive he is one of the best in the world and now we finally get to see more of him.

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Jul 29 2007, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 3 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Mayo could take punishment but Quarety was very agressive, accurate, strong and heavy handed prime Quartey beats Mayo by UD in an war.

I hope Ike comes back one of the most exciting fighters out there today.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 4 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Man, a lot of movers and shakers in the transfer market! This has been a HUGE transfer season! Madrid offering 27m for Ballack and Robben, though doubt that will be accepted, considering they paid about 45m for them from memory and its not like they are bad performers, well at least not Robben. And Jose is talking about playing a 4-4-2 with fast wingers, the way Chelsea first won the title, so he will need Phillips, Joe Cole, Robben and Maulouda if he wants to implement that over the whole season. And Chelsea really do need to become more attacking, as them scraping the 1-0 wins will sometimes results in 0-0 outcomes, which is exactly what cost them last season! As opposed to Man United, who go out to beat teams 5-0 and usually can get wins, even if sometimes they have to sacrafice goals.

Tevez also looks to be off to Old Trafford, a very very good squad they are going to have this season, along with Chelsea and Barca, probably the best 3 squads in the world at the moment.

AC Milan bought Pato, the Brazilian wonder kid (I have seen some great skills from him, but I think he has a LOT to proove, I havent seen enough to make me think he will be the next great player, unlike Messi).

Benfica are also looking to sign Adu, who will be a great buy, he is the best US player from my viewing and has HUGE potential!

Now Im just waiting to see who wins the race to sign Drenthe (it looks between Chelsea or Madrid, with Chelsea looking to buy him if they sell Robben) and I have seen Drenthe numerous times, and he is a VERY VERY good player, he could really shake up any of the best leagues in the world!

Oh, and then there is Chelsea trying to buy Alex and Alvez, two great defenders. Alex would line up next to Terry as a SOLID defence, and Alvez would help support the wing, making them a more entertaining team!

Man City signed Elano from the Brazilian team, havent seen anything of him (as I couldnt see the Copa), which club is he from? What sort of player is he?

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Aug 4 2007, 08:20 AM

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 6 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Valencia want to buy Kallstrom from Lyon and have put up 14 million euros but Lyon won't go for it, and are demanding more. I think they want at least 18 million euros. That deal seems very complicated because Valencia had the chance to snag either Lucho Gonzalez from Porto or Sneijder from Ajax and both deals failed because the club was not willing to cough up the money. I know that Valencia needs a strong midfielder who can zip those through balls up the middle for Villa so that he doesn't have to run up the wings all the time and do all the creating himself. If the club can't make this signing, then it will be very disappointing. As far as depth goes, Valencia may have the deepest bench in La Liga if they are able to keep all their players healthy. But regardless, a quality first rate central midfielder is needed.

Tevez has finally gone to Man U and with that signing, the club seems to have gotten even stronger. All eyes will be on Cristiano Ronaldo to see if last season was the beginning of his rise to prominence or if he is that same talented player who is somewhat of a poor finisher in front of goal.

Elano is a very good player. He played for Shaktar, a Ukrainian club that competed in the Champions League last year and he got some minutes. He wasn't a regular, thats for sure. He had a nice assist in the final of Copa America against Argentina before he had to be subbed due to injury. He's 26 years old so he should still have alot of time. He should get to show it now. Don't recall that he played in Man City's pre-season match against Valencia a couple of days ago, but he was just signed recently.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 8 2007, 02:58 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Yeh, no doubt Valencias big fallback is their quality centre mid playmaker. They should really go for Riquelme, you could probably get him on the cheap at the moment also! Is he going back to Villareal, or staying out on loan at Boca?

So Elano plays in the centre mids? Does he like to run at defenders, or a great passer? What kind of player is he?

I watched Simao the other day when Atletico played Lazio, he didnt have a good game!

Saw Man United Vs Chelsea, Man United easily outplayed them, though both didnt have a full squad on the park, though I am leaning towards Man United to retain their title this season, who do you think will win it? What about the Champions League? Barca are obvious favourites for La Liga. I also think both Liverpool and Arsenal will do better this season, especially if Silva can bag some goals for Arsenal, up alongside Van Persie!

Also watched Bayern Munich, Ribery is without doubt, going to be their star this season, he had a great game! Too bad Bayern is not in the Champs League this season, they have quiet a few stars now, and could really be good to watch!

As far as the other leagues, I think AC Milan will make it a close race with Inter this season, and I think Lyon will win the French league again (with both Lille and Marseille weaker this season). Lyon have lost a few players, but I like the guys they have added, especially Keita.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 8 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Riquelme as of now seems likely to stay at Boca Jrs. I would LOVE to see him at Valencia but the club has not dropped any noticeable hints that they are going for him. He would be an awesome addition to a club that already has a strong attack lead by Villa, Morientes, Silva, and Arizmendi, and a midfield that has Vicente and Joaquin on the wings, a healthy and a healthy Baraja. I think the club will get a good signing before the window closes but they need to hurry and make it sooner than later IMO.

Elano is a very skillful midfielder who likes to play wide. He loves to run up the wings. He can cross, and he can put through some really nice balls in open space to the strikers. He seems to be a two footed player, who can finish with either the left and the right. He doesn't score many goals because he doesn't get the opportunity to score them, but when he gets the chance, he usually finishes pretty well. His set pieces are good too. He's pretty good at finding the heads and from what I've heard, he can take penalties too.

I like Man U in the Premiership, followed by Liverpool in 2nd place, with Chelsea and Arsenal battling it out for 3rd and 4th.

I like Barca in La Liga, with Real Madrid, Valencia, and Sevilla all making a serious run for the 2nd place spot.

I think Lyon will easily win La Championett. Inter will once again win Serie A, but it will be more competitive this year, with AC Milan, and Roma providing a little competition.

Its too soon to predict the Champions League. And as last year showed, the most talented teams don't always make it in the end.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Aug 9 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Cool, I will watch out for Elano in the League this season, Man City plays on the opening night, so I will watch that following the Tottenham game. Man City Vs West Ham, will be interesting to see how the two clubs of which have both added big time in the off season match up!

Liverpool 2nd, BIG CALL PR. I think Chelsea just has too much talent not to battle for the title. Their squad is incredible, on par with Man United as far as individual talent!

As far as the Champs League, that competition is always hard to predict, as a LOT more chance comes into it when you only play two games vs each team, and then one in the final! Like the World Cup, rarely does the best side win! All it takes is a chance missed, a bad call, and the entire competition can swing!

Thats the reason I like the Leagues better, you usually end up with the best team winning by the end of the season! Though, the Champs League can be the most entertaining to watch, no doubt! Same as with the World Cup!

On another note, will be interesting to see if Chelsea gets Alvez and Alex. While Real Madrid is out for Robben, Ballack and Kaka, though I doubt they will get any. Their bout the only big transfers being talked about at the moment! Oh, and Drenthe to Real Madrid, who I beleive could be one of the best in the world in a couple of years should he go to a big club!

+Quote Post

98 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:47 AM