IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terry Norris vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., Who wins?
kidbazooka1
post Aug 19 2007, 04:27 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Floyd most likely takes this but if Norris lands clean he can stop him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fuse
post Aug 19 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,172

Norris would be too big and WAAAY too strong for him. You add those with Norris' speed, movement and versatility and Norris might actually stop him Floyd tries to throw some punches instead of running the whole time (either way he loses). If a "WELL past his prime" DLH can make a competitive fight against Floyd, Norris wins convincingly!

(Did you guys even see a prime Norris?)

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 19 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Yes Norris is the stronger fighter but will he able to land clean agianst Floyd if so I think he'll stop him but like I said the problem is landing the shots clean.

+Quote Post
Fuse
post Aug 20 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Amateur

QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 19 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]354553[/snapback]
Yes Norris is the stronger fighter but will he able to land clean agianst Floyd if so I think he'll stop him but like I said the problem is landing the shots clean.

But Norris wasn't a slugger/brawler. He could punch with one-punch KO power, but he had VERY underrated boxing skills! He had great movement, he had a great defense, he went to the body well, he went to the head well, and he had great ring generalship. He would stalk Floyd and walk through his punches. The FIRST time Norris lands (which would be early in the first round), Floyd would go into survival mode, run the whole time and do everything he could to keep Norris 5 feet from him! I can't think of a single thing that Oscar can do (even the late 20s version) that could even sniff what Norris could do. Norris did EVERYTHING better than the mechanical DLH! If DLH could land, there's no way in hell Norris would lose this!

If we're talking pound 4 pound, I'd take PBF at his best over Norris at his best, but at 154, Norris would SMOKE him!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 11 2007, 05:36 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE(Fuse @ Aug 19 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]354513[/snapback]
Norris would be too big and WAAAY too strong for him. You add those with Norris' speed, movement and versatility and Norris might actually stop him Floyd tries to throw some punches instead of running the whole time (either way he loses). If a "WELL past his prime" DLH can make a competitive fight against Floyd, Norris wins convincingly!

(Did you guys even see a prime Norris?)

No they didn't.

Norris would knock Mayweathers head off. He was a great combo of speed and power. The Norris that ended Ray Leonard's career would KO Mayweather for all the reasons that Fuse stated above. This is actually a funny thread... better yet, see prime Norris against a prime Meldrick taylor and you have the ingredients for Mayweather/Norris.

+Quote Post
Fuse
post Sep 11 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #6

Amateur

QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Sep 11 2007, 05:36 AM) [snapback]357004[/snapback]
No they didn't.

At first I thought this thread was a joke and that those first couple of posters were just kidding. But now I think they were serious. It's a shame what these guys are missing by not seeing someone like Norris fight in his prime!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 12 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Norris was a bad bad man. I really enjoyed watching him destory Sugar Ray. And Meldrick Taylor too......brutal.

But Floyd was probably better then anyone Terry ever fought. So it would be a very good fight.

+Quote Post
Fuse
post Sep 12 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #8

Amateur

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 12 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]357122[/snapback]
But Floyd was probably better then anyone Terry ever fought. So it would be a very good fight.

Doubtful. Taylor would've taken Mayweather the distance and Norris stopped him in 4. And Leonard still had enough left in him to win a few rounds (if not a close fight) against Floyd at 154. Who has Floyd fought that would leave you to believe that he would stand a chance against Norris? Don't kid yourself into thinking that an old DLH is somehow similar to Norris at his best.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Sep 19 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #9

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Norris' speed alone (despite his many other excellent attributes) would have given Mayweather a tough fight.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Oct 12 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 2,117

norris wins. Power can stop norris but floyd is lacking there. Ide take floyd P4P but terry is all wrong for him

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 08:34 AM