IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roberto Duran vs Tito Trinidad, Welterweight fight both at their bests.
kidbazooka1
post Aug 19 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

The Duran from the 1st Leonard fight stops Tito within 5.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fuse
post Aug 19 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,172

QUOTE(nevets @ May 25 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]338358[/snapback]
I like the "Duran 6 out of 10 times" remark.

My problem with Duran is how straight up he stands, espacially against taller fighters. That is why Hearns was able to find him with his straight right in their fight. Tito's right hand is not as straight as Hearn's, it has a little extra motion to it. Duran wasn't as prone to the wider shots. I think Tito could move the smaller Duran with his punches, and make Duran a little cautious in the beginning. I think Duran would focus primarily on his one two combinations, and whack Trinidad's body with the occasional hook. I think Duran would start pressing a little more in the later rounds, and lose a disputed decision to his larger opponent.

Duran stands straight up against taller fighters? He certainly didn't stand straight up against Leonard! Duran was one of the hardest and most elusive fighters to hit!! We're talking about Duran at 147 at his best and not a Duran who had fought for years at 154, moved up to 160 to fight Hagler and then moved back down to fight Hearns. Leonard at age 75 was a better boxer than Tito at 147 and you see what a monster Duran was during that fight. And if you're comparing Hearns' power at 154 to Trinidad's power at 147, you're kidding yourself!

Duran (at his best) beats the one-dimensional Trindidad 9 out of 10 times with Duran losing by a fluke in one of those fights

This post has been edited by Fuse: Aug 19 2007, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 19 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(Fuse @ Aug 19 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]354514[/snapback]
Duran stands straight up against taller fighters? He certainly didn't stand straight up against Leonard! Duran was one of the hardest and most elusive fighters to hit!! We're talking about Duran at 147 at his best and not a Duran who had fought for years at 154, moved up to 160 to fight Hagler and then moved back down to fight Hearns. Leonard at age 75 was a better boxer than Tito at 147 and you see what a monster Duran was during that fight. And if you're comparing Hearns' power at 154 to Trinidad's power at 147, you're kidding yourself!

Duran (at his best) beats the one-dimensional Trindidad 9 out of 10 times with Duran losing by a fluke in one of those fights

Well said.

+Quote Post
Kijis Konar
post Aug 19 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 1,269

At 147, Duran by UD.
At 154, Trinidad by late TKO.

+Quote Post
Nobudius
post Aug 19 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #5

Heavy...wait!

Member No.: 2,606

I'm still surprised at people saying Duran can be hit easily-as Fuse mentioned, he rarely ever got hit flush. He slipped, feinted, & rolled with shots as well as anyone I've seen. It's why the Hearns' KO was SO damn shocking.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 20 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Duran had said in a spanish interview conducted earlier this year on the spanish espn classic that he did not prepare the way he should have for Hearns. He said he was partying and do all the thing you shouldn't be doing even admitting to useing cocaine not to long before the bout.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 20 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Duran was old, fat, and unmotivated against Hearns. That was very obvious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:24 PM