> Question about PBF vs Pacman
xxxxxx
post Nov 22 2009, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 22 2007, 11:16 PM) *
How is this fight seriously being discussed by people?

Because it could be the biggest boxing match in the history of the sport.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 22 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Maxy @ May 23 2007, 03:28 PM) *
Yeah, and that sums up how ridiculous this entire thread is.

Do you still think my thread was ridiculous? I think the only thing that is ridiculous is your sig.

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Nov 22 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #3

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

LOL! A lot of "expert" members of this board are getting owned lately. Hahaha!!!

+Quote Post
torvix2000
post Nov 22 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #4

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

LOL! This is funnier (from Boxing24 dot com):

I will quit writing if Pacquiao beats Cotto
By Liam Santiago

I am sticking by the statement I made a couple of weeks back. If Miguel Cotto loses to Manny Pacquiao on November 14th, I will never write another boxing article. If Pacquiao can, somehow, pull off the win, it will be a very emotional day. Tears will flow. However, anyone with a decent knowledge of boxing will understand, the odds are stacked against Pac-Man.

Lets remember, Cotto will not be coming into this fight dehydrated, ”dead at the weight”, like De La Hoya was. He will not have a useless trainer in his corner, who will destroy his mental focus and preparation, like Hatton did. And, by what I hear, he will not peak three weeks prior to the fight, like Hatton did. Cotto has a much better defence than Hatton, he has a great jab and under rated speed. The Puerto Rican phenomenon also hits like a beast. His power is out of this world.

Yes, Cotto was stopped by Margarito, and stopped badly. But lets not forget, Margarito was 6ft and had iron in his gloves (or something similar). When Margarito was caught for these ’substances’, prior to fighting Shane Mosley, he was nott he same. Mosley knocked him out. Mosley, has been beaten my Cotto. I just think that the power of Cotto might spark memories of Rustico Torrecampo and Medgeon Singsurat. Never heard of them names? They both knocked Pacquiao out in three rounds.

However, in boxing you never know. Pacquiao might pull off the biggest win of his career and my career as a boxing writer will end. Cotto has to drop two pounds from his usual weight limit so that might play a part. Maybe the Pacquiao camp are hoping to fight Cotto and beat him like they beat Oscar De La Hoya, through weight demands. However, after the bout, I will not go back on my word, if Pacquiao ”the warrior’ wins, I will never write another boxing article again.

By Liam Santiago:
Nov 15, 2009

The extra two pounds that Manny Pacquiao demanded Miguel Cotto took off had a huge impact on the result of their bout. Cotto looked so drained. As I watched at the weigh in, I changed my mind as to who I thought would win. Cotto looked like a lollypop, he had zero energy and the Pacquiao camp had planned for this, in my opinion. Pacquiao did not beat Miguel Cotto last night. He beat a ghost of Miguel Cotto.

One thing we do know is Miguel Cotto was shot going into this fight. The Margarito bout finished him off. That coupled with Pacquiao’s weight demands left him with absolutely no chance of winning. However, Cotto did dominate the first round. What the Pacquiao camp would do well to remember is weight draining opponents, like Cotto was, can have a serious affect on the fighter’s long term health. It is all well and good getting the opponent to drain himself but this can lead to horrific injuries. I believe a prime Cotto, at 147 pounds would destroy Pac-Man early on.

Although Cotto took a beating, he showed he has more guts and more of a heart than Manny Pacquiao will ever have. He did not roll on the floor for ten minutes like Pacquiao did when he was knocked out years ago. He fought on through the blood and showed he has the heart of a lion.

I really do wish Pacquiao would stop weight draining every single opponent he faces. He is actually quite a good fighter so he should drop that act. Would he beat the likes of Cotto without draining them? No. Of course he wouldn’t. But he could leave the ring with his head held high, something he could not do last night.

I said before the fight that if Cotto loses I would quit my job. Wrong again. If only Pacquiao did not beat such a weight dead, shot fighter, I would walk away. But, the way I see it is he did not beat Cotto, he beat a ghost of Cotto. Not only did Pacquiao drag Cotto down from his usual welterweight limit, he also forced him to put his title on the line. What is boxing coming to.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Nov 22 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 22 2009, 04:41 PM) *
LOL! This is funnier (from Boxing24 dot com):

I will quit writing if Pacquiao beats Cotto
By Liam Santiago

I am sticking by the statement I made a couple of weeks back. If Miguel Cotto loses to Manny Pacquiao on November 14th, I will never write another boxing article. If Pacquiao can, somehow, pull off the win, it will be a very emotional day. Tears will flow. However, anyone with a decent knowledge of boxing will understand, the odds are stacked against Pac-Man.

Lets remember, Cotto will not be coming into this fight dehydrated, ”dead at the weight”, like De La Hoya was. He will not have a useless trainer in his corner, who will destroy his mental focus and preparation, like Hatton did. And, by what I hear, he will not peak three weeks prior to the fight, like Hatton did. Cotto has a much better defence than Hatton, he has a great jab and under rated speed. The Puerto Rican phenomenon also hits like a beast. His power is out of this world.

Yes, Cotto was stopped by Margarito, and stopped badly. But lets not forget, Margarito was 6ft and had iron in his gloves (or something similar). When Margarito was caught for these ’substances’, prior to fighting Shane Mosley, he was nott he same. Mosley knocked him out. Mosley, has been beaten my Cotto. I just think that the power of Cotto might spark memories of Rustico Torrecampo and Medgeon Singsurat. Never heard of them names? They both knocked Pacquiao out in three rounds.

However, in boxing you never know. Pacquiao might pull off the biggest win of his career and my career as a boxing writer will end. Cotto has to drop two pounds from his usual weight limit so that might play a part. Maybe the Pacquiao camp are hoping to fight Cotto and beat him like they beat Oscar De La Hoya, through weight demands. However, after the bout, I will not go back on my word, if Pacquiao ”the warrior’ wins, I will never write another boxing article again.

By Liam Santiago:
Nov 15, 2009

The extra two pounds that Manny Pacquiao demanded Miguel Cotto took off had a huge impact on the result of their bout. Cotto looked so drained. As I watched at the weigh in, I changed my mind as to who I thought would win. Cotto looked like a lollypop, he had zero energy and the Pacquiao camp had planned for this, in my opinion. Pacquiao did not beat Miguel Cotto last night. He beat a ghost of Miguel Cotto.

One thing we do know is Miguel Cotto was shot going into this fight. The Margarito bout finished him off. That coupled with Pacquiao’s weight demands left him with absolutely no chance of winning. However, Cotto did dominate the first round. What the Pacquiao camp would do well to remember is weight draining opponents, like Cotto was, can have a serious affect on the fighter’s long term health. It is all well and good getting the opponent to drain himself but this can lead to horrific injuries. I believe a prime Cotto, at 147 pounds would destroy Pac-Man early on.

Although Cotto took a beating, he showed he has more guts and more of a heart than Manny Pacquiao will ever have. He did not roll on the floor for ten minutes like Pacquiao did when he was knocked out years ago. He fought on through the blood and showed he has the heart of a lion.

I really do wish Pacquiao would stop weight draining every single opponent he faces. He is actually quite a good fighter so he should drop that act. Would he beat the likes of Cotto without draining them? No. Of course he wouldn’t. But he could leave the ring with his head held high, something he could not do last night.

I said before the fight that if Cotto loses I would quit my job. Wrong again. If only Pacquiao did not beat such a weight dead, shot fighter, I would walk away. But, the way I see it is he did not beat Cotto, he beat a ghost of Cotto. Not only did Pacquiao drag Cotto down from his usual welterweight limit, he also forced him to put his title on the line. What is boxing coming to.

This guy sucks at writing anyway. He wrote those pieces like it was a response to a primary school essay asking "What do you think about the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto?"

This post has been edited by Snoop: Nov 22 2009, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Nov 22 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #6

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 22 2009, 11:58 PM) *
See, I'm happy I owned up and apologised to you last week for my mistake rather than not saying anything and then being embarrassed when an old thread gets bumped.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL. Good to see you man up Fitz.

After reading this thread and how must shit the OP got, I think some two year old apologies are in order.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Nov 22 2009, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
Fadetwist
post Nov 22 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 8,980

Liam Santiago is a fucking douche! Someone put him out of his misery and cut off his hands.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Nov 22 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #8

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ May 23 2007, 12:02 AM) *
You guys are nuts suggesting that Pac could fight at 147.

People here are suggesting that a PRIME Pac fight 9 weight classes above where he started - laughable.

The only time you'll ever see Pac at 147 is when he's 40 years old and out of shape just fighting for the hell of it.

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 23 2007, 01:10 PM) *
A fight against Pacman now is impossible to make.

Hilarity.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Nov 23 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

This is a really good article I found about the possibility of the fight and why Floyd perhaps would avoid it.

here's a couple paragraphs of it and a link to the full deal.

http://mvn.com/thecruelestsport/2009/11/23...y-pacquiao.html

This brings us to the second strange reason for Mayweather dithering about potentially cashing the biggest paycheck he has ever seen. Professional jealousy might be the answer to why Mayweather Jr. has avoided Pacquiao. In short–and this may seem paradoxical–it might be ego keeping Mayweather Jr. from immediately accepting a bout with Pacquiao.

Few sports figures are as hot as Manny Pacquiao is right now, and every time he fights, Pacquiao pulls the rug out from under Mayweather Jr. It is Pacquiao who made De La Hoya quit on his stool; it is Pacquiao who left Ricky Hatton unconscious in Las Vegas, it is Pacquiao who is willing to trade punches with quality fighters over and over. The latest news is that Pacquiao-Cotto pulled in bigger pay-per-view numbers than Mayweather-Marquez. Mayweather Jr. has been overshadowed by Pacquiao at every turn and now his ego is bruised beyond recognition. Even outside the ring Pacquiao is beginning to catch up with “Money.” Mayweather Jr. may have been featured on the Chelsea Lately Show, Dancing With the Stars and The George Lopez Show, but Manny Pacquiao has been featured in Time Magazine and The New York Times recently, and he was also a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Of course, no boxer in the world can compete with his status as an icon in the Philippines. In the United States, “Pacman” fever is also taking hold and this might be something Mayweather Jr. views with bitterness. Call it status envy if you will.

By giving Pacquiao a chance to fight him—and thereby a chance to beat him—Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be directly contributing to his own eclipse. Pacquiao can only get bigger at his own expense. On separate tracks, Mayweather can still look good against softer opposition and woof on about his royal status in boxing, especially if the public continues to pay to see him.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Nov 23 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #10

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Nov 22 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Liam Santiago is a fucking douche! Someone put him out of his misery and cut off his hands.

Man,you need to get rid of this Lakers thing..Celtics are gonna get em..Denver already showed em whats up even though Gasol wasn't in..Trash the sig. man..I don't need to be seein anymore of their faces then I already am..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:37 AM