IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Diaz vs. Morales: Round by Round/Postfight, All Comments Here: Duplicate Threads Will Be Closed
Jack 1000
post Aug 4 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This thread is for round by round and post fight reactions to the Diaz-Morales WBC Lightwight World Title Fight.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NickBarker
post Aug 4 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,848

I'm going to order it, but am going to watch the Showtime card first. Anyone on here going to be doing the round-by-round for the card?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 4 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Member No.: 14

Nick,

I am sure somebody will. It's still Erik Morales and people will be interested enough to order the fight. The round by round doesn't have to be a formal thing per se. Anyone who is watching it, feel free to reply to the thread and tell us about it. I am going to be taping and watching the Showtime card later tonight, so I will not be reading the threads for the big fights and commenting until I have seen them later tonight.

Jack

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #4

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Member No.: 2

PREFIGHT
El Terrible Erik Morales enters first to chorus of cheers from the crowd. He looks to be in good shape. The champion, David Diaz, enters next to some slight boos.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #5

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 1
Morales starts off being cautious. Diaz stalking and lands a right hook to the body. Morales circling and not doing much. Morales fires the jab, but misses. Now he lands a left hook upstairs. Diaz lands a left upstairs. Now Diaz is working the body and lands a good right hook. Diaz lands a right upstairs. Morales continues to retreat. 1-2 lands for Morales. Diaz works the body along the ropes. Morales lands a left. Another left lands for Morales, but WOOOOOOO, Diaz lands a sweeping right hand that backs him up. WOOOOOOOOOO...now Diaz rocks Morales with a left hand. OOOOOOH, but Morales answers back and drops Diaz with a short counter right. He's up and takes the count. Morales lands a right hand to end the round. Wow. Diaz was winning the round, but got dropped by Morales right at the end. Round to Morales for the knockdown, but Diaz clearly deserved a 10-9 round.

Morales 10 Diaz 9

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Aug 4 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #6

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

Go Morales, you washed up SOB.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #7

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 2
Diaz comes out fast and continues to work the body. Morales on the retreat. Diaz lands a right hand upstairs. Woooo...short left hook connects for Diaz and Morales slips and falls to the ground. The ref correctly rules it a slip. HARD uppercut lands for Diaz. Morales continues to retreat. Quick three punch combo lands for Morales. Diaz rushes in and lands a great rigth hook to the body. Diaz roughs Morales up along the ropes. Morales lands a short chopping right hook upstairs. Morales lands a left to the body. Round to Diaz.

Morales 19 Diaz 19

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #8

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 3
Diaz lands a left to start the round. Morales retreats behind the jab and lands an uppercut. Diaz lands a right. Diaz rushes in and works the body. Another nice uppercut lands for Morales. Diaz lands a right hook to the body. Left hook and an uppercut lands for Morales. Diaz lans a left. Nice uppercut lands for Morales that backs Diaz up. 1-2 lands for Morales. Diaz rushes in and lands a left. Morales land a counter right hand. Good round for Morales.

Morales 29 Diaz 28

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 4
Morales lands a left hand and backs away. Right hand down the pipe lands for Morales. Diaz not doing a vey good job of cutting off the ring. Right hand lands for MOrales. Another right hand lands for Morales. Hard right hand to the body from Morales backs Diaz up. Diaz lands a chopping right hand, but pays for it with a counter right from Morales. WOOOOO...HARD rigth hand from Morales stops Diaz in his tracks. Morales letting his hands go more now. Lands a left downstairs and a right up top. Round to Morales.

Morales 39 Diaz 37

+Quote Post
Kijis Konar
post Aug 4 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Member No.: 1,269

Is Morales looking like the Morales of old? I mean, does he look competitive?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:07 AM