IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marquez vs. Vasquez II: Round by Round/Postfight, All Comments Here: *Update Post Fight Poll Added!*
Was Marquez-Vasquez II Stopped Too Soon?
Was This Fight Stopped Too Fast?
Yes [ 5 ] ** [71.43%]
No [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Undecided [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #11

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

ROUND 2
Vazquez lands a right tothe body. Marquez lands a harder left hook to the body. They trade jabs. Marquez lands a left hook and a righthand down the pipe. Vazquez lands a left hook of his own. They trade jabs and both men work the body on the inside. Vazquez lands two right hook upstairs. Left hook to the body a little low for Marquez. Vazquez triples up on the jab and lands a good right hand. Marquez answers back with a left hook fo his own. They trade jabs. Now they trade uppercuts. Vazquez landsa anice left hook that gets Marquez's attention. Another nice left hook by Vazquez to end the round. Round to Vazquez.

Marquez 19 Vazquez 19
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rabbit Punch2
post Aug 4 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,181

Great, very close fight so far. Both guys are beaming with confidence. This is fun to watch.

+Quote Post
NickBarker
post Aug 4 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,848

Wow! Vazquez lands a monster left hook and wobbles Marquez and jumps on him. Marquez answers back with some solid poise. Marquez is definitely hurt, but he's fighting. Marquez counters Vazquez's aggression excellently, but Vazquez keeps coming. This is an amazing round! Vazquez is cut over his right eye, potentially from a clash of heads. Marquez stops him with a left while laying on the ropes. This round is very close, but Vazquez's flurry in the closing seconds secures it to him by the slimmest of margins.

10-9 Vazquez

29-28 Vazquez

PLEASE GET THE CUTS UNDER CONTROL!

+Quote Post
Rabbit Punch2
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,181

Looks like we are watching the Fight of the Year! Pay attention.

+Quote Post
thehype
Post #15

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 3
Vazquez already has a cut on the bridge of his nose. Marquez firing the jab and a lands a left hook to the body. Vazquez lands a vicious left hook that wobbles Marquez. He holds on. Vazquez lands another left hook, but Marquez fires back. Both men trade on the inside, but Vazquez landing the better punches. Marquez lans a vious left hook of his own. Vazquez walks through it and keeps throwing. Vazquez lands some HUGE uppercuts. Marquez looks really hurt, but he's firing back. They trade hooks. Nice three punch combo lands for Marquez. Vazquez landsa left upstairs. Marquez landsa nice four punch combo. Another beautiful combo lands for Marquez. Wow. Vazquez lansa elft. Now Vazquez lands a right hand and a left. Marquez fires back. They trade right hands at the end of the round. Tough round to score. Very tough round. I give it Vazquez for landing the bigger shot that stunned Marquez, but Marquez could have very easily come back to take the round.

Marquez 28 Vazquez 29

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
Post #16

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

What a fuckin fight! My boy Vasquez is NO JOKE. Doin much better this fight. GO VASQUEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
NickBarker
post Aug 4 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Both of these guys are cut pretty well. The first minute is even action with both guys landing their shots, but Marquez may be taking the worse of it. Marquez comes back to stop him, but eats a nice uppercut at the end of the first minute. Marquez throws a great straight right and Vazquez drops back. They exchange right hands and neither of them gets the better of the other. Marquez begins to land better shots as the last minute winds down. Marquez lands a huge couple of punches to close the round and it gives him the round for me.

Marquez 10-9

38-38

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Aug 4 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #18

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

AWESOME!!!!! I am thinking that Marquez is going to get KOed.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #19

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

ROUND 4
Both men are bledding around the eyes. They trade jab. WOOOOO....HARD rigth hand over the top lands for Vazquez. Marquez on the retreat. Vazquez digs to the body. Two HARD uppercuts land for Vazquez. Marquez looks a bit shaky. Nice left hook to the body lands for Marquez that freezes Vazquez. WOOOOO...hard 1-2 lans upstiairs for Vazquez. Now Marquez lands a great right hand upstairs. Wow...GREAT action. BIG right hand alands for Vazquez and Marquez lands one of his own. Vazquez digs a left hookto the body. HARD right hand upstairs lands for Vazquez. They trade jabs. Right handlands for Vazeuz. Nice three punch combo lands for Marquez. Vazquez snaps the head of Marquz back with ajab. Vazquez lands a right, but WOOOOOOOOOOOO....hard right hand lands upstairs for Marquez to end the round. Wow...another great round. Again, I give it to Vazquez for landing the more telling shots, but Marquez could have easily won it himself.

Marquez 37 Vazquez 39

+Quote Post
NickBarker
post Aug 4 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Vazquez works the jab quite well to begin the first half of the round. Marquez keeps it going back-and-forth, but Vazquez lands a very nice right with a little more than a minute left. Both guys unload on each other and Vazquez slips. They were both excellent shots! This is some of the best action I've ever seen. It may be the best since Corrales-Castillo 1. I gotta give that round to Vazquez, especially since the dropping wasn't ruled a knockdown.

10-9 Vazquez

48-47 Vazquez

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:12 PM