IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top 10 P4P, As of after 8/19/07
Maxy
post Jun 8 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #161

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE(CyruS @ Jun 8 2008, 10:31 AM) [snapback]391854[/snapback]
TOP 10 P4P After June 8 SFW III

1. Joan Guzman (37-7-4 12KOs) Jr. Welterweight Champion Of The World, 6-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World, Former Jr. Bantamweight World Champion.

2. Travis "Tremendous" Simms (41-2-6 12KOs) 2-Time Jr. Middleweight Champion Of The World

3. Yuriorkis "Face of Arena" Gamboa (45-0-0 27KOs) 2-Time Featherweight Champion Of The World, Former 2 Time Jr. Lightweight World Champion, Former Jr. Featherweight World Champion

4. Allan Green (34-0-0 22KOs) Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World

5. Luis Collazo (39-5-5 8KOs) 3-Time Welterweight Champion Of The World, Former Jr. Welterweight World Champion

6. Aleksander Alexeev (39-5-0 28KOs) Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Former Cruiserweight World Champion

7. Zab Judah (34-16-3 28KOs) Former 3-Time Jr. Welterweight World Champion, Former Welterweight World Champion

8. Miguel Torres (25-0-0 21KOs) Strawweight Champion Of The World

9. Kindred "Spirit" Cole (28-7-5 2KOs) 4-Time Bantamweight Champion Of The World

10. Muckles Reilly (25-4-2 6KOs) Former 2-Time Lightweight World Champion

1. Yuriorkis "Face of Arena" Gamboa (45-0-0 27KOs) 2-Time Featherweight Champion Of The World, Former 2 Time Jr. Lightweight World Champion, Former Jr. Featherweight World Champion

2. Travis "Tremendous" Simms (41-2-6 12KOs) 2-Time Jr. Middleweight Champion Of The World

3. Allan Green (34-0-0 22KOs) Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World

4. Joan Guzman (37-7-4 12KOs) Jr. Welterweight Champion Of The World, 6-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World, Former Jr. Bantamweight World Champion.

For me, they are the 4 best fighters.....the others can be put in any given order. Those 4 however have proven to be great fighters with great victories under their belts.

Guzman is beatable but he wins rematches decisively and seems to have a lot left in the tank. He could eventually be no.1 again. Simms rules light middle....but only just...Green doesn't seem to have an equal at light heavy yet and there isn't a fighter around who can beat Gamboa at featherweight. Definitely no. 1 for me.

The quest is...these guys need to be replaced and its up to the other gyms to come up with fighters and fight plans that can beat them. It may take some time but it will be done.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jun 8 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #162

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

The reason Guzman is always ahead of Gamboa is simply Guzman by far as the tougher competition. Check Gamboa's resume, his best wins are against strawweights (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Guzman also just beat Zab Judah for the 140 pound title and Zab was a top 5-6 p4p fighter. He had the better quality opposition by far. quality > quantity

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Jun 8 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #163

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Well, it would be interesting to know how Maxy rates Muckley Reilly compared to a guy like Emory Cabana and maybe Ray De Los Santos compared with Arcane Dusk.

But Gamboa definitely needs something big to happen in the future.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Nov 6 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #164

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

Lets get an updated P4P list going. Ill make one shortly.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Nov 6 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #165

Super Middleweight

The lists dont look near as impressive as they once did. There is a 44-0-2 fighter for Blayde who is prolly 1. Then Awesome has been ridiculous lately. For my Gym, I think Jong "Red Death" Shaoting is worth mention.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 6 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #166

Right now I don't have anyone I would consider good enough to be mentioned in the top 10 P4P elite. I've got a few future hopefuls scattered around but I'm already having major doubts about the way I've built some of them.

I also think I'm going to have to merge two of my gyms (Dragons Vault and Deep Freeze Entertainment) , because I can't concentrate on them as they are. I find myself making fights and never bothering to change fight plans or training.

BUT, I hope to be challenging with a new breed soon and kick the old breed to dust once and for all.

Looking forward to seeing your list BJH.

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Nov 7 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #167

Super Middleweight

This obviously doesnt include everyone (and does include some fighters from my Gym). This is not in particular order either.

Miguel Torres 44-0-2(30), Arena, current Flyweight Champ. Undfeated champ with wins over Crissy Moran, Bubba Hollis, Rashid Ali, "Big" Harry Tasker, Daniel Diaz, Monte Negro, "Skinny" Doyle Magee, Alexander "The Artist" Elliot, Lupe Fiasco, Jayceon "Hush" Yancey, Maxy "The Dream" Supreme, Kieran "The Pikey" Conway, and Luis "El Gallo" Singo.

"Awesome" Awesome 44-11-3(24), Arena, 9 time champ in 4 weight classes. 19-0-1 in his last 20. Wins over "Extravagant" Errol Flynn, "Big" Harry Tasker, "Lean" Leon Greene, Joseph "King Kong" Agebeko, Oba Oronko, Kindred "Spirit" Cole, Nonito Donaire, Earthquake, "Skinny" Doyle Magee, Frankie Skipton, Reggie "The Kiss" Hope, and Kieran "The Pikey" Conway.

Jose Luis Ramirez 31-26-1(31), California Chambers, Current Lightweight Champ. 23-0(23) in his last 23 fights. Wins over Andreas Amadeus, Kelson Pinto, Junior Do Prado, and Freddy "The Finsisher" McPheerson.

"Mean" Joe Greene, Arena, 34-7-1(26), two time and defending middleweight champ. Wins over 3 time champ Jeremy "The Hammer" Mulder, Claudio Berrocales, Tarvis "Marvelous" Simms, Iggy Ethan, Cyrus "Super" Virus, "Harcore" Dexter Moore. Also fought former champs Berk, Manuel "Diez" Punos, and Travis "Tremendous" Simms.

Larry Holmes, 37-5-3(17), Team Judah, HW champion. wins over The Prince, Cyrus "Iron" Virus, Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink, Kinto Mulberry, Evander Holyfield, Lanky Gawn and also fought Lipstick Gawn, Max Kellerman, and "TOS".

Twiggy Austin Harris, 33-9-1(3), BigJuicyHog's Gym, 3 time Featherweight Champcoming off of a controversial loss to Devin "Tickle" Turner. Wins over Chonlatarn, Fernando Montiel, Cyrus "No Fear" Virus, Pascual Pacino, Ren N Stimpy, Junior Do Prado, Vitali Tajbert, Andreas Amadeus, and of course two wins over the Legendary Yuriorkis "Face of Arena" Gamboa.

Carlos "El Indio" Quintana, 37-11-6(4), BigJuicyHog's Gym, 2 time 140 pound champ Coming off of recent wins over Miguel Cotto, "Sublime" Buddy Shine, and Zab Judah. Has also fought Herman Ngoudjo, Jay-Jay Judah, Muckles Reilly, Jab Judah, Jimmy Jack Judah, Juan "Apuro" Herrera, Ray De Los Santos, Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson, Tera Patrick, Joan Guzman, Pascual pacino, Carlos Maussa,and Pavel "The Spy" Molotov.

Jong "Red Death" Shaoting, 31-5-4(2), Bigjuicyhog's Gym, defending and 4 time Cruiserweight Champ. Coming off of a KO win over legendary Allen Green. Many in his own Gym think that 2 time CW champ RJ "The Freak" Mendoza is actually the better fighter.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Nov 8 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #168

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Yeah its really difficult right now as there is a lack of fighters dominating a strong division. Torres and Awesome are pretty much under the radar even for me because there just are no really big fights in their divisions.

160 isnt what it used to be, too, as I dont believe Greene is anything special.

Id also definitely mention Shaoting and Holmes right now. Twiggy and Chonlatarn are pretty good, too, but Chonlatarn needs some more good wins to prove that.

I also see Richard Gutierrez becoming a force at 154 and if Pascal can bounce back against Rojas, hes still one of the best, too.

This post has been edited by Blayde: Nov 8 2008, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Nov 8 2008, 05:57 AM
Post #169

A good fighter has the potential to dominate 160. Its not a strong division at all right now but looking down the rankings there are a few coming up who could well be future champions.

Heavyweight is as strong as its ever been. It will take a special fighter to dominate that division because the top 19 fighters are all 18 status so anything is possible.

Red Death, should he beat Bad News this weekend is capable of being champ for a long time. I'm surprised BJH thinks The Freak is a better fighter.

Gutierrez could well turn out to be even better than Simms was at 154. I don't see anyone beating him for a while.

Pascal should regain his belt this weekend but he's already had a long career. How much longer can he go on?

I do think things are shaping up in a lot of the divisions and by the time the next super fight weekend takes place in January we should be seeing some great fighters. I know Blayde has high hopes for Elix Skipper at middleweight so he'll most likely be in the top ten P4P shortly.

The lower weight classes definitely need new blood though. Its a shame for champions like Torres because there isn't really anyone to challenge them right now.

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Nov 12 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #170

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 2,070

I wouldn't even know where to start with an updated P4P. Nobody is really dominate and those that are have no fighters to test them.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:40 AM