IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxing downloads....., anyone interested?
Byrd Man
post Nov 24 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

I have some DVDS of fights that I am ripping and was gonna upload. Just wondering if anyone is interested in them. Is it worth my time to post them up in here?

They'll be on Rapidshare.com premium links so unless someone snitches them off they'll not be dead links after 30 days or anything.

I don't have a LOT of fights, but the ones I do include:

Gatti Ward Trilogy (upping the first two fights now)
Bowe Holyfield Trilogy
DLH vs. Vargas
DLH vs. Yory Boy Campas
Some Tommy Morrison Fights
Some Chris Byrd Fights
Some Tyson Fights
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Nov 24 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #2

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Definitely interested.

Actually, I was thinking about creating a database that tracks a bunch of fights that are available for download. Would anyone be interested in having a resource that stores that information all in one place?

+Quote Post
thisneverworks
post Nov 24 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(thehype @ Nov 24 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]366892[/snapback]
Definitely interested.

Actually, I was thinking about creating a database that tracks a bunch of fights that are available for download. Would anyone be interested in having a resource that stores that information all in one place?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Also, I'd love to see some Meldrick Taylor fights if you have them.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Nov 24 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

No Taylor, at the moment all I have is what I listed.

I'll post up Gatti Ward 1 & 2 in the morning.

Then try to get the Holyfield Bowe trilogy up sometime on Monday.

oh...and Gatti Ward III as well.

+Quote Post
Boxingjunkie
post Nov 25 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,456

Great idea. I am definitly interested. I have been burning fights to DVD for years now and have quite a collection but am always looking for the ones I dont have. Thanks

Boxingjunkie

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Nov 25 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #6

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

It would be cool if we had a means to list all of our fights available and in looking at one anothers lists we could put together trades and build our libraries without really spending money.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Nov 25 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

What about a fighthype torrent tracker?

Thats the easiest way to share fights and I got a shitload.

I got everything from Tyson fights to Morales fights, Hopkins fights, Montiel, Cotto, DLH, Tito, Holmes, Whitaker, Judah, Pacquiao, etc

And I got the whole legendary nights series and a bunch of boxing documentaries.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 25 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 25 2007, 01:56 AM) [snapback]366912[/snapback]
What about a fighthype torrent tracker?

Thats the easiest way to share fights and I got a shitload.

I got everything from Tyson fights to Morales fights, Hopkins fights, Montiel, Cotto, DLH, Tito, Holmes, Whitaker, Judah, Pacquiao, etc

And I got the whole legendary nights series and a bunch of boxing documentaries.

I also like the idea,

Provided that the download sources are from safe site sources. Some torrent sites can compromise security and put viruses/spyware on a person's computer. We have to make sure that we are downloading from safe sources and that we aren't violating or infringing on copyright laws. If we have those factors in mind than I would favor the idea.

Oh BTW, I for the last year or so use McAfee's Site Advisor: www.siteadvisor.com It's a small plug in that works in IE and Firefox and tells you through color coded symbols about sites before you get there: It checks for:

1.) Unsafe downloads that may contain malware, viruses, or breech browser security.

2.) E-mail scams and frauds

3.) Pop ups when you go to a site.

A Green check mark indicates that the site is ok and has passed security tests for those three issues.

A Yellow exclamation mark indicates that there were some problems found at the site related to any of the three issues.

A Question Mark says that the site has not been tested yet. You can submit any site for automated testing.

But there's more: The plug in works with Yahoo, Google, MSN, and several search engines, so you will see results as part of searches. If you click on the balloon indicator (not the site itself, but the SA mark) you can read a review of the site, find out the country of origin, the number of users, how long the site has been around. You can even register and leave your own reviews about the experiances of a site. It's really a helpful tool because you can see where you are going before you get there.

The software is automatically updated and is a compliation of automated webbots and user reviews who do the evaluation. It doesn't take the place of say a monthly update and cleaning with say three quality spyware removal programs, but it helps make some general determination of what you might see at a site before you get there. I highly recommend this plug in.

If we get info from a site with a Green Check from Site Advisor. I would be confident about doing this. I am not sure how to deal with the copyright issue. Thoughts?

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Nov 25 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

it'd be nice if we could set up a private torrent thing. Where ONLY people on this site are able to access it. That might limit any risk of viruses/outsider problems.

But it would necessitate everyone taking part in the seeding.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Nov 25 2007, 03:49 AM
Post #10

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

^ Exactly.

I got alot fights and music that I'd love to share with the fighthype guys but EVERYONE would need to seed (which means to keep the torrent running so other people can download for you).

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:59 AM