> Joe Cortez is a joke
BrutalBodyShots
post Dec 9 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #31

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 9 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]369572[/snapback]
Are you seriously telling me that you didn't jump out of your chair and scream for joy when he took that point from Hatton - particularly given the fact that neither Lampley or Merchant was questioning Lederman's rediculous scorecard? Come on, at that moment you were damn glad Cortez was in the ring.

LOL no, not at all. I fully expected Hatton to be competitive early in the fight before Mayweather found his groove (similar to losing early rounds to Judah) and that Hatton would win some early rounds. I knew that Mayweather would take over and dominate late, so the point deduction to me meant nothing. This wasn't going to be a 1-point fight, so a 1-point deduction means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 9 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #32

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I thought Cortez was nothing short of a disgrace & I will never watch another fight "refereed" by this paid off son of a whore. I can understand leaning a bit towards a house fighter or the home fighter but his actions were questionable to say the least.

Yes I wanted to see Mayweather lose & I do not deny that but Cortez was in a league of his own, shit even shady Nady would have been fairer.

Floyd repeatedly turned his back on his opponent & blatantly & consistantly elbowed Hatton in the face. He should have lost at least two points for his repeated flouting of the rules in there. How many warnings does PBF need before points start being taken? Cortez even went over to his corner to have a heart to heart with Roger & then it began again in earnest.

I don't doubt that it was a tough fight to referee but Cortez was shameful in his enforcement of standardized rules.

+Quote Post
Frankenzilla
post Dec 9 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #33

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,526

Im suprised noone is mentioning the fact that floyd was also holding the back of Rickys head and hitting him ALOT in the first few rounds.

Both fighters were pretty dirty, but I think Floyd was just as deserving, if not more, of having a point deducted.

+Quote Post
X3_Bazooka_X3
post Dec 9 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #34

Welterweight

Member No.: 5,230

QUOTE(Frankenzilla @ Dec 9 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]369637[/snapback]
Im suprised noone is mentioning the fact that floyd was also holding the back of Rickys head and hitting him ALOT in the first few rounds.
Both fighters were pretty dirty, but I think Floyd was just as deserving, if not more, of having a point deducted.

it would be nice to see people other than brand new users actually step up and say that, but I totally understand you want to save face which is exactly why you created your new account today. Thanks for the support dog.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 9 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #35

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE(Frankenzilla @ Dec 9 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]369637[/snapback]

I agree. If anyone needed a couple of points taken it is PBF.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Dec 9 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #36

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 9 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]369643[/snapback]
I agree. If anyone needed a couple of points taken it is PBF.

I felt both fighters were equally dirty. Both fighters deserved point deductions.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Dec 9 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #37

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 9 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]369632[/snapback]
I thought Cortez was nothing short of a disgrace & I will never watch another fight "refereed" by this paid off son of a whore. I can understand leaning a bit towards a house fighter or the home fighter but his actions were questionable to say the least.

Yes I wanted to see Mayweather lose & I do not deny that but Cortez was in a league of his own, shit even shady Nady would have been fairer.

Floyd repeatedly turned his back on his opponent & blatantly & consistantly elbowed Hatton in the face. He should have lost at least two points for his repeated flouting of the rules in there. How many warnings does PBF need before points start being taken? Cortez even went over to his corner to have a heart to heart with Roger & then it began again in earnest.

I don't doubt that it was a tough fight to referee but Cortez was shameful in his enforcement of standardized rules.

Do you think that Cortez was aweful in the Hatton/Castillo fight as well?

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Dec 9 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #38

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

QUOTE(Frankenzilla @ Dec 9 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]369637[/snapback]

For what. They were BOTH fouling back and forth. But what did Floyd do that was as blatant as what Hatton got fouled for? Tell me. What they were doing on the inside was back and forth and not too serious. One would do something small, then the other. Then Ricky took it to another level and got what he deserved. Plain and simple.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 9 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #39

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 9 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]369649[/snapback]
Do you think that Cortez was aweful in the Hatton/Castillo fight as well?

He was pretty ordinary in that as well from what I saw. As Johnny Lewis said after Cortez tried to fuck Tszyu in the Mas fight "If you are going to screw us at least give us our pants back".

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Dec 9 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #40

Chief Haterizer

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 9 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]369650[/snapback]
For what. They were BOTH fouling back and forth. But what did Floyd do that was as blatant as what Hatton got fouled for? Tell me. What they were doing on the inside was back and forth and not too serious. One would do something small, then the other. Then Ricky took it to another level and got what he deserved. Plain and simple.

There are two things between your temples & above your nose but below the hairline. Learn to use tham they are called eyes & you can see with them.

PBF repeatedly & blatantly elbowed Hatton in the face in addition to his persistant & obvious lacing of Hatton especially after he was cut in addition to turning his back on his opponent.

Hatton clubbed PBF a couple of times on the neck due to PBF initiating clinches & playing reverse limbo. They were both rough but PBF was dirty something Hatton was not in this fight.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:30 PM