10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joe Cortez is a joke
Method
post Dec 14 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #91

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Nah, you'd be surprised how easy it is to tell someone from their writing style. I've picked off Reg a few times, and, for a while, kept picking off my man Warlord too. Most cases with the IP addy, it comes up fruitless. Reg is such a fucking fruit, that's impossible. J/K. but his dumb ass...you can sense it's him, then he just brings up the fucking race card...and it's a dead give away....plus his dumb ass militant screen names. I mean, WTF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Dec 14 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #92

The Analyst

Group: Members
Member No.: 166

So Cortez was a good choice before the bout. But now Smoger would have done a better job? That is real easy and convenient to say now, after the fact that you all thought Cortez didn't work up to par in your eyes. Let's get real guys. This fight was going to be a nightmare for whoever worked it. I really don't think anyone would have been able to have done a great job in there. Cortez did fine. He let them go when they were not tied up and broke them when they were. He let both get away with little horseplay, which he would have had to given Hatton's style. Then he took a point away when need be. I think Smoger, Bayless, Cortez, AND Nady are all top notch refs. Hatton is just a pain in the ass to ref a fight for. I'm sure if Hatton was clean in this fight and it was only Floyd throwin elbows we would have seen some MORE warnings and a point deduction if kept up. But what Hatton did was so Blatant. Nothing else in that fight was that blatant.

This post has been edited by Southeastpaw: Dec 14 2007, 12:50 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 14 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #93

No, let's leave the get real shit to the wayside.

Smoger, Bayless are better refs.

I never said shit before the fight.

Cortez has already proven that he can be played like a fucking puppet. He was.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Dec 14 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #94

The Analyst

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 14 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]370534[/snapback]
Nah, you'd be surprised how easy it is to tell someone from their writing style. I've picked off Reg a few times, and, for a while, kept picking off my man Warlord too. Most cases with the IP addy, it comes up fruitless. Reg is such a fucking fruit, that's impossible. J/K. but his dumb ass...you can sense it's him, then he just brings up the fucking race card...and it's a dead give away....plus his dumb ass militant screen names. I mean, WTF.

LOL. Reg is one militant SOB for sure.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Dec 14 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #95

The Analyst

QUOTE(Method @ Dec 14 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]370537[/snapback]
No, let's leave the get real shit to the wayside.

Smoger, Bayless are better refs.

I never said shit before the fight.

Cortez has already proven that he can be played like a fucking puppet. He was.

My bad. I was just figuring. It was a generalization a bit as how no one seemed to have a problem with Cortez being the ref before the fight. Well, the ones that posted in that thread prior to the bout that is.

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 14 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #96

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 14 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]370536[/snapback]
So Cortez was a good choice before the bout. But now Smoger would have done a better job? That is real easy and convenient to say now, after the fact that you all thought Cortez didn't work up to par in your eyes. Let's get real guys. This fight was going to be a nightmare for whoever worked it. I really don't think anyone would have been able to have done a great job in there. Cortez did fine. He let them go when they were not tied up and broke them when they were. He let both get away with little horseplay, which he would have had to given Hatton's style. Then he took a point away when need be. I think Smoger, Bayless, Cortez, AND Nady are all top notch refs. Hatton is just a pain in the ass to ref a fight for. I'm sure if Hatton was clean in this fight and it was only Floyd throwin elbows we would have seen some MORE warnings and a point deduction if kept up. But what Hatton did was so Blatant. Nothing else in that fight was that blatant.

I thought the Cortez decision was good for Hatton before the fight, but I felt that Cortez was a little too involved during the fight. I have always thought that Smoger and Bayliss were better refs, but I thought Cortez liked the action to play out without a ton of involvement, and that would work for Hatton. I was wrong, he was quite involved.

I have the benefit of hindsight, so I may as well use it.

I personally feel as though Floyd's elbows were every bit as blatant, and a lot of more frequent - but with that said, the shit didn't matter. Floyd would have won if there was no ref in there...the talent gap was evident.

+Quote Post
Method
post Dec 14 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #97

Co-sizzle.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:46 PM