IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Cotto, who wins and why?
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #11

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Williams is a guy I think Floyd would have fits with.....just because Williams is a physical freak with pretty quick hands. And it doesn't matter if Margarito "throws more punches". He throws more punches, he gets countered more.

And not to diss Ricky..he's a hell of a fighter... but I think all the top dogs at 147 would have handled him...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 9 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]369469[/snapback]
Williams is a guy I think Floyd would have fits with.....just because Williams is a physical freak with pretty quick hands. And it doesn't matter if Margarito "throws more punches". He throws more punches, he gets countered more.

And not to diss Ricky but I think all the top dogs at 147 would have handled him...

I totally agree that Hatton would have been ko'd by all the big names at 147 and he will be going back to 140, where I'd love to see him fight Judah.

As far as Margarito's chances vs Cotto's chances, it's just impossible for me to see Floyd losing to a shorter, slower guy with shorter arms. At least Margarito has the size advantage and a great chin to withstand the counters. And the point about him throwing so many punches is that it just increases the chances that something would land. Anyway, Floyd ain't fighting Margarito or Williams so it's really just wasted breath - and I don't say that to take anything away from Floyd. Last night he was spectacular even if Hatton was too slow and too small for him.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #13

Choppin Headz Boi!

I really believe Mayweather will fight Cotto and call it a career...that fights makes the most sense...with Cotto being a superstar right now..coming off two HUGE victories.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 9 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]369471[/snapback]
I really believe Mayweather will fight Cotto and call it a career...that fights makes the most sense...with Cotto being a superstar right now..coming off two HUGE victories.

The only thing that would keep that from happening is if DLH decides to move to 147 to fight Cotto, which is the most logical move for both DLH and Cotto.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #15

Choppin Headz Boi!

I think Floyd doesn't have any interest in fighting Williams or Marg. High risk, low rewards. Floyd just wants those big PPV fights...and Cotto is a big PPV fight. And honestly, fighting Cotto actually does more for his legacy since Cotto is considered a P4Per.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Dec 9 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]369475[/snapback]
I think Floyd doesn't have any interest in fighting Williams or Marg. High risk, low rewards. Floyd just wants those big PPV fights...and Cotto is a big PPV fight.

Yeah, but if Cotto wants an easier fight for more money he'll fight DLH. And now that Hatton's gone, DLH doesn't have any better options in terms of risk/reward. I don't think Floyd has a choice in this matter.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #17

Choppin Headz Boi!

IF thats the case then Floyd retires.

+Quote Post
JD
post Dec 9 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #18

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Mayweather beats Cotto and does so easier than he did Hatton in my opinion.

Cotto cannot close the distance like Hatton can, and though whatever Cotto lands will do a lot more damage - he won't land, and he will get hurt. Williams or Margarito are better fights because of their workrate, size and stamina...Williams presents more problems with his reach, height, and boxing ability; Margarito presents more problems with aggression, power and physicality.

Skillwise, Cotto is better than Williams or Margarito...but I think the size factor will come into play bigtime. I hope I am wrong, and know I will be pysched if Floyd does fight him, but I have my concerns.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Dec 9 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]369485[/snapback]
Mayweather beats Cotto and does so easier than he did Hatton in my opinion.

Cotto cannot close the distance like Hatton can, and though whatever Cotto lands will do a lot more damage - he won't land, and he will get hurt. Williams or Margarito are better fights because of their workrate, size and stamina...Williams presents more problems with his reach, height, and boxing ability; Margarito presents more problems with aggression, power and physicality.

Skillwise, Cotto is better than Williams or Margarito...but I think the size factor will come into play bigtime. I hope I am wrong, and know I will be pysched if Floyd does fight him, but I have my concerns.

Cotto will be more effective closing the distance than Hatton because he will do it behind his underated Jab....Again!!!!!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Dec 9 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #20

Choppin Headz Boi!

Article from boxingscene

After Floyd Mayweather Jr. overcame a game Ricky Hatton and stopped him in the tenth round of their championship bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, "Money" Mayweather announced that he was going to take a long vacation from the sport. Mayweather, who admits he's become bored with boxing, is planning to focus on building his promotional company. He wants to step away from boxing for as long as two-years.

WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who sat ringside at the MGM Grand, was not pleased with Mayweather's decision to step away from the sport. Cotto is under the impression that Mayweather is intentionally avoiding a fight with him.

"He has had great victories, but when you talk about Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather, he always comes up with excuses -- I'm not the opponent for him, I'm not ready for him," Cotto said to the Grand Rapids Press. "I earned all I have now. I worked for that. Over the next year, year and a half, I can take the big names. At 147 pounds, the welterweight division, to me, it's the hottest division in boxing today. Margarito, Mayweather, Hatton, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams and me. It could be three years of great boxing. I just want the big fights, the big names, the real fights. I wish the rest of the opponents want the same."

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:19 PM